A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Three Women

Who would you prefer for Rand?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer for Rand?

• Min
    • Aviendha
    • Elayne

Min. It helps that her personality is rather similiar to a certain person I know...

However, I think that differing lifespans would be a great problem. But then, Rand, if he survives TG, can expect to live for 600-700 years. Min can expect 100 (since it is extremely unlikely that we will see a return to AoL health care levels). To watch your wife, your children, your ... great-great-great-great-great grandchildren die of old age, when you still appear to be barely in your middle years, would be very, very difficult. (Since Min can't channel, or learn, and channeling is a genetic recessive. ie: most of Rands kids with Min probably wouldn't be able to channel either.)

I went with Min because she provides Rand with a place of psychological refuge that the other two don't. If everybody survives TG and the other two are still interested, they can always pick him up on the rebound after Min dies of old age in 50 or 60 years. If they still don't want to share, Avienda can be the second wife and Elayne can be his mistress. That would be a good lesson in humility for her.

Elayne - she shows amazing courage in the face of danger, even though she has some growing up to do, as do most of the main characters in the series.  She grew up surrounded by wealth and command, but didn't turn into a little chit like 90% of the noble women that we meet.  She's attractive, from Rand's home nation, can channel to live as long as Rand (assuming he survives TG,) believed her mother dead at a young age, and yet put that to the side to due her duty to her people. 

Besides, anyone that survived Lini growing up deserves admiration.  :) 

IF Min, Aviendha and Elayne wouldn't agree over sharing Rand

Min/Aviendha/Elayne already agree about sharing Rand; and I doubt anything will change that.

min is going to die

There is nothing that says that.

The Viewing about a funeral brier, it tells that each of Rand's 3 lovers would survive his death.

Elayne will throw a hissy fit when she sees Rand with out a hand

That seems doubtful.  Generally that kind of reaction seems to occur only when there is not even a suspicion of what happened; and her warder bond with Rand gave her (and Aviendha) an indicator of the event.

A moment of comprehension would probably more likely occur at the moment of seeing it.

aviendha.

min doesn't know when to back off for her own good.

elayne, is... ugh, well blonde.

When does Elayne display gross stupidity? I haven't actually seen that happen.

How about when she led the Aes Sedai to arrest those BA and got them all killed and herself kidnapped, again.

IF Min, Aviendha and Elayne wouldn't agree over sharing Rand

Min/Aviendha/Elayne already agree about sharing Rand; and I doubt anything will change that.

We know that Mb, it's just a "what if" situation.  :P

min is going to die

There is nothing that says that.

The Viewing about a funeral brier, it tells that each of Rand's 3 lovers would survive his death.

This part has nothing to do with the viewing.  Rand, Avi, and Elayne are all channelers.  If Rand survives TG, he, Avi, and Elayne will live long lives--potentially 750ish years.  Min won't have nearly that long to live since she cannot channel.  So unless the bond or her gift grant her long life, she will die way before the others  (he should spend as much time with her as possible then...).

Elayne will throw a hissy fit when she sees Rand with out a hand

That seems doubtful.  Generally that kind of reaction seems to occur only when there is not even a suspicion of what happened; and her warder bond with Rand gave her (and Aviendha) an indicator of the event.

A moment of comprehension would probably more likely occur at the moment of seeing it.

That's true, she would know something happened, but depending on how far apart they were she might not be able to figure out what.  I don't think she has a clue about the hand, but I also don't think she's as shallow as that.

I voted for Min originally, but I could really make an argument for all three.  I guess that's one reason all three work so well for him.

Min, definitely. Even with her "talent" she seems to be the most down to Earth out of all the three.

Cases can be made for the other two as well but I personally prefer someone like Min and as such, Rand should to ;P

Gotta go with Aviendha on this one.

No rhyme or reason for it exactly, but you know how while reading about a certain character you get an image in your head of what he/she is like?

Well Avi just seems more appealing than the other 2.

aviendha.

min doesn't know when to back off for her own good.

elayne, is... ugh, well blonde.

When does Elayne display gross stupidity? I haven't actually seen that happen.

Elayne does a few grossly stupid things in the books, if you do not remember, go back and reread the books.

Easy choice, Min. 

Elayne does a few grossly stupid things in the books, if you do not remember, go back and reread the books.

That would depend on the reader's opinion of what is 'grossly stupid' and on the reader's interpretation of the events.  Not all readers would conclude one event being 'grossly stupid'.

Archived