DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Shoulder to Cry On (Open) - An SG RP

Matalina

Demus was quick to get back to his house and get cleaned up, knowing that Cari was still waiting. Blood and ashes, but that woman kept him hopping. He thought about her question again as he pulled on a clean pair of pants. Why did he play along with her games? Certainly not because of her looks, though she was beautiful. Sure, she was a Darkfriend and that meant being able to be more open about some things, but it meant keeping others more guarded. He really wasn't sure what it was, except maybe he just wanted a friend, someone he could be there for and would be there for him. The problem with that was that they could never just be friends. They would always be Dark Friends and duty was always duty.

He pushed that thought away. Enough worrying, he told himself as he took a quick glance at his reflection. It would have to do. It wasn't like they were going to a ball or anything, just time to eat and then to begin more clean up.

He opened the front door and smiled at Cari where she sat waiting on him. "Food. Food would be really good about now." He said with a smile.

OOC: Sounds good to me :P Come say hi Nona!

dmdemus.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: I had intended to have this waiting for you when you got back from your trip but the week flew by.

Cari waited patiently for Demus to clean up. Impromptu nightly stays can sometimes spread like wild fire in a place like the Ranch. Not that it was a bad thing, but there is no point in proliferating something that didn't happen.

Cari could see the children playing outside the kitchen door and when Demus walked out of his room she smiled, he always seemed to have some sort of quip.

They walked to the kitchen, Kate and Aiden grabbed their mothers hand. "You all better now?"

Cari smiled, "I guess so." It wasn't an exact truth, the voices she'd long forgotten had returned. How this would do she wasn't sure. Marosa, Kayla and May were not a threat, the Shadow however was.

The kitchen smelled of the morning meal. Eggs were noisly frying while everyone assembled at the table.

Cari sat down in her regular seat and the children followed suit after washing their hands.

Cari

• 3 weeks later...

Demus took a seat and watched Cari and the kids. It seemed unreal sometimes, to see her with them. Unreal that a Darkfriend should have a family and want them to group up healthy and strong, but he knew it was true. The same part of him that thought it was odd to be sitting at a table full of Darkfriends and not be worried about poison and daggers buried in your back, but that was just his typical paranoia. Or perhaps with Cari it was just a bit too close to home, a bit like seeing himself with his own mother before she had died. Her departure had opened his eyes to the cruelty of the world and to the depths his own darkness could take. He hoped Cari's children would never have to suffer if like he had.

Shaking the thoughts from his head he smiled at the children. They already suffered too much for Cari's oddities. They didn't need his pity really, but he was determined to try to be there if they needed something. It was the least he could do. It was the sort of thing he had expected when his mother had died and instead he had been kicked to the curb.

Breakfast was served and Demus ate quietly, thinking about what had happened so far and what the day's clean up would entail.

((Back to you Mat. Not sure what you want to do with the rest of the clean up session :P))

dmdemus.jpg

OOC: we'll be ending this thread here and getting ready to start a new one hehe...A traveling thread if I can get Rand to participate other wise it'll have to be Semi hehe.

IC:

Cari ate quietly as the children carried on a conversation about school that day. It was good to see them excited about going to school despite losing Sierra. Cari sighed it was not a good memory to have, but it was there none-the-less.

Nathan stood and spoke to those remaining at the table. "It seems we have a patron who is willing to help us in the recovery of our beloved ranch. I will need a few volunteers to bring the new stock back."

Cari spoke softly, Nathan was a man to be feared. "I can go." Nathan smiled as if he knew she would say yes.

"Anyone else?"

Cari

Demus was still uncomfortable around Nathan. He hadn't been there long enough to be comfortable with anyone really, but he knew little of the man except that his future on the Ranch depended on his good graces. He was trying to prove himself though, in more ways than one. He was trying to become a stronger person, better than he had been, someone to consider an asset instead of a liability. Perhaps helping here would help him Nathan's sight as well. Just something else to prove he wanted things to work out here. He wasn't surprised to hear Cari agree to go and as he listened he realized he had already decided to help out, even if Cari hadn't been a part of it.

"I'm willing." Demus said, looking at the man for confirmation. He received a bare nod and then looked down into his own plate, not wanting to look over at Cari to see her reaction.

dmdemus.jpg

It had surprised Cari that Demus had accepted the challenge, but she would be glad for his company.

Glen spoke up as well, "You need a more senior member to accompany the younglings I'd think." Cari glared at Glen, he was being very egotistical today. But she let it go as her attentions turned back to Nathan.

"Very well, if there are no more volunteers, then the three of you shall go and I will give you the needed information in a few days." With that Nathan kissed his wife then left to finish his chores.

OOC: We can continue on with fun or wait till I get with Rand about the next phase.

Mat