DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reading as a show, how far would you be into tEotW after 2 hours?

smr2008

Without leaving anything out, we can included everything that is written with narration and to avoid too much narration we can work it out through character dialog. And the rest is what you would see on screen.

Jordan said, The Eye of the World would need to be 9 hours long.  And he wanted to see it on HBO. Those are not his exact words, but he did say 9 hours and brought up HBO. This was before NBC wanted to do a mini-series on it. I'm curious as I am reading it again.

As slow as I read, it would be much longer than 9 hours unless I could have absolutely no interruptions, then I could finish any WOT book in a weekend.

i don't think that was his question. i'm not sure whatthe question is, but that ain't it

The question is in the heading.

Two hours would probably put me through Baerlon.

Through Shadar Logoth takes about 3 hours, so I'd say that's right

I was thinking somewhere during Baerlon would be 2 hours into the movie, if it was adapted into a mini-series.  My question is a little misleading.

A good rule of thumb for adaptions like this is 100 pages to the hour, though there's so much description in Jordan's work that you'd probably be able to get more pages to the hour than that.

Depends on the cinematography. The camera could pan descriptively along the embroidery on each bodice, cuff, and boot-top.

The question is in the heading.

Two hours would probably put me through Baerlon.

I'd have to disagree and say it would probably quicker than that, only because so much of what Jordan writes is description, and what can take pages to describe on paper can take only a few seconds with a visual telling.  But maybe I'm wrong, with all of the talking and fighting in the Two Rivers, maybe it would take 2 hours.

Archived