DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yo ho ho and a bottle of whatever's going! (Open arrival)

Lavinya

"A lady fair of lineage high....we'll make her eat a hot beef pie! The maid do be raidant as the sun, she do no know how to have any fun....Ha! I could be teaching her a thing or two!" Olivia broke off into raucous laughter at her own wit. She had been singing as she travelled, none on the old, mostly covered path save herself and the old gray nag that whickered softly as Olivia finished her terribly garbled and mostly made up song. She normally had what would be described as a sweet voice, but the now empty bottle of cheap brandy had turned it into an off-key competition for a cat that was in some fair amount of pain. "Oh, what would you be knowing, Maggie?" Olivia addressed the horse with a short flick of the reins that did little to increase the slow plodding of the animal.

They had been travelling for some time now, to wherever the wind did blow; more often than not to a new dice game and a fresh bottle of wine when she had some luck, and to a warm lap when her coin was sparse. That at least allowed her a warm bed. But she stayed no where for long, few people had much patience for her sort away from the cities, being dandled by their men and winning away their coppers when she could. No kind of lady, one sour faced old goat had called her. She was just jealous that no one wanted her huge rump on their lump, especially her husband. Olivia scowled at the memory of her rather hasty departure. No one had a stomach for fun anymore. How boring. She needed to find a new city, that was where the men were appreciative and work was plentiful, but Olivia had lost her bearings long ago when she meandered off the main road. Not lost, of course. Just taking the scenic path.

Lifting a bottle to her lips, Olivia frowned to find it empty, and threw it into the wagon bed with a grunt where it tinkled as it met several mates. "Whoah there Maggie, I do be thirsty, and burn me if I do be going any further with this first...fir...thirst." Olivia missed the step as she attempted to climb down and landed in a undignified heap. "Flaming step!" She grumbled, struggling to her feet and kicking out at it, managing to do no more than stumble and find herself on the ground once more. Abruptly she erupted into giggles. "Ahh Olivia you stupid fool." Still chuckling, Olivia made an unsteady trip to the back of the wagon, ignoring the tear in her skirts and the hair in her eyes. Not that most men were interested in her eyes anyway. Another peal of giggles escaped after that thought, and reminded her of the song she had been singing. Or was it a different song? She couldn't remember. Humming to herself, she through back the badly patched tarp covering the back of the old wagon, ignoring the clinking of the empty bottles that had rested on top as they shifted. "Aha! There you be, my wonderful, wonderful friends!" Several small kegs remained untapped, their contents Olivia couldn't quite remember, but it was easier to drink from a bottle while the wagon was in motion, especially after the first few swallows when Maggie would sway terribly and spill the drink all over her. Olivia had been forced to speak to the nag about that several times.

"You do be the one for now, I be thinking." Extracting a dusty bottle of red wine, she thought it might be, she lazily threw the tarp back over her stash and her few meagre possessions, and whirled to climb back into the wagon, walking straight past the man in the dark coat before she even realised he was there. "What under the..." She turned to find herself face to face with a man who seemed to be wavering in front of her eyes in a most rude manner, so it was hard to look at him. She squinted, but that didn't help, when had the other man stepped up? No, there was only one again now. Olivia frowned. "Where do you be coming from? And what do you be meaning, sneaking up on me like that? Tis not proper to turn up unannounced like that." Olivia stood straight - well she thought she did, anyway, but the ground was doing that awful rocking thing again - and smoothed her wrinkled blue dress over her hips. It was rather tattered, with old wine stains and fresh grass stains, but it still fit nicely, and showed a pleasant expanse of bare bosom for anyone who cared to look. Her dark hair was rather more bedraggled than usual, but Olivia simply pushed it out of the way of her clear blue eyes that had to be rather red at the moment. She frowned thoughtfully. "And do no be thinking you can run off with my drink, it do be mine, and I do no share for nought in return."

Olivia Tamedo

Rather Drunk :D

Mathis was looking glumly at the dinner his visiting sister had laid out before him, and thinking fondly of the Brandy in his flask. The Thera he knew and loved could drink any honest man under the table, and have more room to boot, but being with child she couldn’t partake and he’d been trying to do the same. She’d been living with him and Sereth for a week now, taking a break from her job in the White Tower in Tar Valon. His roommate walked around looking like the cat that ate the canary, knowing how much it was killing him to stop drinking and smug about it. In contrast Mathis had been walking around with death in his eyes.

He made a stab at dinner conversation, and had even helped Thera think up baby names. With a glare from Sereth he’d help do the dishes and had laid the evening fire. It all felt so….domestic…and dull. The very reasons he’d never married Tara. She was good for a dance and a tickle, but he knew what happened to women once they wed and he wanted nothing of it. Far better to kiss ‘em and leave ‘em with a smile, he always said. There would be no big hips, foul attitudes, and children for him.

As soon as the cleaning was done and Thera was tucked in up in his room, Mathis snuck out the back door and used Air to make stairs to the roof. From there he could see the road that led into the Tower, and he imagined that if he strained hard enough he could see his childhood home. Digging out his flask he kissed the engraved metal before taking a long pull. “Oh how I have missed you my old friend.”

Humming quietly to himself he took nips of his Brandy and tried to remember what life had been like a week ago without Thera. He loved his sister dearly and would never ask her to go, but he did wish she didn’t have that goat kissing baby in her stomach. Then they could both be out drinking and carousing, and tag teaming dice games to win a small fortune. Just as they’d done when he’d gone to Tar Valon to visit her.  Tipping his head back to take another pull he found himself humming an unfamiliar tune. Blinking in surprise he shook his flask and it was little more than half gone. “I can’t be going mad already.” When he’d stopped humming he could still hear the song….if the off key wail could properly be called a song. Sticking a finger in his ear he shook it, but the strange noises didn’t cease.

Standing up, only slightly unsteady, he peered off into the dark. At this hour there was not likely to be many awake in this part of the Tower, and now that he was standing he could tell that the sounds were coming from the road.

Seizing Saidin he wove a gateway and stepped out next to the rode not 20 paces from a woman in a torn dress. Laughing quietly and running his fingers through his curls he sauntered up nearer to the singing drunk. He could tell that she was a pretty thing, and drunk as a peddler on Sunday, but perhaps she would be worth his time?

His eyes wandered over her with interest as she smoothed her skirts and swayed a few steps. She showed more bosom than any of the women he’d been acquainted with, and she had more than her fair share to display. Putting a friendly smile on his boyish face Mathis waited for her to finish her drunken rant. When she came back to stand in front of him, wavering on her feet Mathis pulled out his flask and dangled just out of her reach.

“Have no fear m’lady, your drink is not what interests me. As you can see I have my own.” Taking another pull from his flask he snapped it shut and tucked it away in his pocket. The only thing he loved more than brandy was chasing women, and this one did appear as if she would be fun. “Tell me, my pretty little flower, do you know where you’ve wandered to?”

Mathis Trakelyn

Enjoying Time Away from the 'Domestic'

• 1 month later...

Olivia's grin was broad and sunny, thrilled to see the handsome young man was not only not going to try to steal her precious drink, but that he had his own. Drink was ever so much more fun when you had someone to imbibe with. Especially when that someone had such nicely turned calves. Mmm. Now what was it he had been saying? Oh yes. "I go where the road do lead me, my lord." Men always seemed to like when she called them that, especially when they obviously weren't. Foolishly arrogant creatures. Maybe this one was though, he seemed dressed well enough, in a dark coat and he had such pretty hair, tumbling about in that rakish manner. He all but oozed fun from his pores. "I was in Altara...or was it Murandy? I be forgetting, but that was last week, or maybe longer. A lone adventurer like me do no care for the dictates of time!" Olivia waved in what she hoped was an impressive manner, though it set her a few steps off balance, until she was able to snatch at a black sleeve to right herself.

"Begging your pardon...I do be such a clumsy thing sometimes..." Olivia murmured somewhat huskily, the neckline of her gown gaping widely until she felt steady enough to stand straight without holding on to the young man. "I do no know where I be, nor do I be caring; so long as there is a soft bed and a spot of ale I am a happy woman. And perhaps a dance or two, I do so love a dance. Do you care to dance, my lord?" Olivia smiled that bright smile again. "I haven't seen a village in some time though," she frowned for a moment as she tried to remember, but her expression cleared as she gave up. "There do be one nearby though, yes? Where you did come from?" She peered around him as though trying to make out buildings among the trees.

"Tell me, do there be an inn? I do be in need of a night's rest...unless...there do no be a lot of jealous type wives in this village, do there? I be tired of being chased away because they do no have the ability to take care of their husbands properly. It do hardly be my fault if I am prettier than they. You do no have a wife that will try to ruin everyone's fun, do you?" Olivia planted her hands on her hips and looked hard at the man, as though he had already landed her in trouble by pinching her in front of his jealous goodwife. "And where under the light do we flaming be? Speak up already!" Awfully erratic when under the influence of drink, it never occurred to Olivia that she had received no answer because she'd given the poor lad no room for speech.

Olivia

Always looking for a good time...

• 2 months later...

Linten had felt the pulse of Saidin, seen the light envelope shadow on the rooftop. The sensation of a man channeling here at the Black Tower was not uncommon. But the gateway that rotated into view in front of the man was. Traveling was to be limited to the traveling grounds. That had been law for almost as long as he head been in black. Yes there were exceptions, but those were regulated to defense of the Tower and the Dragon. A gateway on the roof of a building brought too many questions to Linten’s mind not to investigate. He remembered all to well the Darkfriend that had infiltrated the ranks for a spell before he was found out. He was not about to let that happen again, and the pins on his collar awarded him a small amount of lateral movement within the laws when the situation could be warranted.

The flows to build the steps to the roof were easy and from that point with the war of Saidin within sharpening his vision and hearing, Linten examined the residue of the gateway before opening another and stepping out next to the road not far from the Tower. Releasing the gateway Linten watched silently as an obviously drunk woman made her demand of the man in black. Unlike the other channeler here, Linten continued to hold Saidin; a select pair of weaves at the ready should they be needed. He knew the other man would be able to sense him and would most likely swing his gaze to where he stood. Listening to the woman and her rambling slur Linten took a moment to look over the old nag hooked to the cart and the dirty patchwork that he imagined was to pass as the tarp cover over what ever possessions she had scuttled into the cart.

“You are exactly where most people prefer not to even acknowledge exists, and certainly would not ever want to visit.” He met the startled brilliant blue eyes that opened wide in surprise, with a measuring gaze. Her face was dirt smeared, as were her clothes. The rats nest that framed the delicate features of her face hidden under the grime had the appearance of thirst starved straw. In all it was a poor first impression, but he was not here for first impressions. He was here to see what had caused the other man to channel that gateway outside the traveling grounds and now who this simpleton was. Moving past the other fellow who had suddenly rooted himself in place Linten inspected the cart, lifting the tarp with a flow of air so as not to come in contact with the grime covering it. As he did the woman spluttered as if to object. Hard sharp eyes cut a quick glance to her pinning her in place as a single finger came up between them. “The Black Tower and a collection of cursed men is where you have landed and I am not interested in your treasures. But I do want to know if you are the only one here?” turning his attention back to the cart he began to look through its contents as if no one else existed. The other man had not embraced Saidin so he felt no worry from that source. If he did the weaves held at the ready would take care of the issue. More over, if the tingle of Saidar touched him she was in for a world of hurt.

OOC: thought I would drop in as there hadn't been any movement in a while. Hope you don't mind ;)

It took Olivia a few moments to realise it wasn't the young lad in front of her who had spoken, her head swivelling towards the newcomer. She hadn't heard him arrive, either. Sneaky lot they were. She squinted her eyes to try and make him out but in the dark and with her vision already blurred much of his features remained a mystery to her. Something in his voice made her hold her tongue for once though. It wasn't so much that he was harsh or rough, but there was a cool element of authority and a hint of controlled...danger in his tone. Olivia blinked. Danger? Bah, she was imagining things now, usually a good indicator that she had imbibed enough for the evening, or perhaps not quite enough. She kept her eyes on the stranger though, following him with her eyes as he walked about her rickety old cart.

"Now see here..." She demanded as he began to poke about in her belongings, outrage replacing her wariness. Not that there was anything worth stealing besides her drink, but that was hardly the point. Everything she owned in the world was in that cart, and it was hers, damn his eyes. "Of course there do be no one else here, save this nice young man who I do happened to find." Olivia flashed him a dazzling smile before turning her attention back to the nosy man who was invading her privacy. She stormed from where she stood to his side and tugged at the tarp. Cursed men? What did he mean by cursed men? Had she stumbled across a darkfriend camp? "I do no be knowing what you talk about with these cursed men and black tower nonsense. I serve the light, I do sir, just a humble traveller who do be minding her own business."

Olivia turned considering eyes to the cold man as he eyed her dispassionately. "This black tower," she waved a hand as she spoke, "Do it have a tavern where a lass could find a meal and rest for the night? I do be willing to sing for my supper mister, or whatever else I need do to pay my way." Holding the side of the wagon for support, Olivia straightened and slid a smile at mysterious stranger. A man of authority would be able to assist her for the evening, and would no doubt prove a welcome change from the rough farmers she was used to. "Or do you be meaning to leave me out here in the middle of nowhere on my own?" Eyelashes fluttered briefly, framing clear blue eyes that held no illusion of innocence.

Olivia

OOC: Don't mind at all, thanks for stopping by! :D

• 1 month later...

OOC: wow, you really are being neglected. not a lot to work with here... but I'll see what i can do.

IC:

Racelle stretched as she shut and locked the door to the inn. It was later than she had anticipated when she began cleaning that awful store room, but she was proud to have finished her day's work. That room looked as if no one had cleaned it since her and Dash left so long ago! The room was really nothing of consequence, but the project had given her something to do for the day... the whole day. It was nearly full dark.

She began her way home when something caught her ear.  It was either a man singing horribly off tune, or some poor animal in the woods. She was approaching the lane that was the entrance to the main road to the Tower and the singing was getting louder. As she came abreast of the lane, she could see just around the corner a very old and sad looking mare attached to an even older and rougher looking cart. Without hesitating she took the few steps down the path to see what was happening. She found the man who was actually a woman doing the singing, and also the two Asha'man that had found her. The woman was very obviously drunk, and falling out of her dress it seemed, and the one Black Coat did not appear to be completely sober, eying the woman extensively with a very obvious grin. The other was inspecting the contents of her cart. There was a fair amount of clinking glass.

She stepped out into view of the small party at mention of a tavern and announced herself, "There is certainly a place to rest yourself, madam." This apparently startled the woman, for she spun around to face her, nearly landing on her bottom in the process.

Racelle knew all to well the tact the Black Coats had when informing their new residents that coming and going from the Farm was completely forbidden. She was hopeful that perhaps she would be able to offer the woman more empathy than the "cursed men" that trained here.

Turning to the two in black, she curtsied, "I am Racelle, and the inn has a bed for her. If I may, I would like permission to accommodate her there, until a more permanent residence can be found. In the morning, perhaps when she is more...alert?" She was trying to be tactful, some drunks were very sensitive about their habits, "Then we can further explain her new home." 'And captivity', was the rest of the sentence, but she kept that to herself. It was odd how she was still so bitter that she was never able to return to her home to explain that she was not coming back. She did not miss her old life that much, but the feeling that she had betrayed her family did not die easily.

As the woman turned to face her, Racelle absently adjusted the neckline of her own dress. Goodness, the woman was near indecent!

Cold emptiness remained in his eyes as he faced off against the woman. None of the annoyance and anger that he felt inside touched his face or let be known their existence in his eyes. He had played enough games that this simpleton was an easy evade to the true internal malice that swam in him at the sight of an unknown woman. At one time Linten had enjoyed the curves native to the female race. He had delighted in the joy of the chase and the heights of the passion that could be shared sometimes at the end of those pursuits. But that had changed. All had changed with the realization that he was cursed to the One Power; Isha’s abandonment of him only cementing the feeling of being cursed. The Red, though they may not have actually been Red, had pursued him relentlessly as he attempted to make his way back to the Farm. Now he was far more cautious. He still enjoyed them, once he was sure they were simple women, but only after he was sure.

His mentor had forged a weapon of tempered steel in his mentee. A mentee that had become far more then his mentor could have imagined. Linten was not the most powerful weaver of Saidin that lived at the Black Tower. But he was a greater threat then most game him credit at first glance; those that had faced him or been on opposite sides of his plans new better. The one’s that remained that is; present leadership included. Perhaps this woman would understand her situation better if he wrapped her in air and hung her upside down while he finished his inspection. Never again would he let a witch surprise him, never again would he be the hunted. He had ingrained that deeply in his pet before she was taken from him. An itch of a smile tried to touch his face at the thought but never formed. He would find his pet again.

The all too familiar chimes of Racelle’s voice filtered over them from the direction of the laneway sending the new arrival in such a spin that the wagon was her only saving grace to keep from falling. Linten had no ill will toward Racelle personally so to speak. But she was saddled to one of the controlling powers puppets and as such put her on the wrong side of the fence when it came to trust. Not that he would have let any of that show. In fact, they had really hardly spoken the whole time they had been sequestered in the Farm. She was tied to the only true tavern and kitchen in the place. It meant that a certain level of social interaction and contact was inevitable.  As was the solution she put forth.

Linten nodded slightly to Racelle in acknowledgment to her arrival. Before sparing a glance back to the wagon and it’s owner who now faced Racelle. “That is indeed kind of you Racelle. Your offer is far too generous for this event but as it is late and I do not wish to make the night later for others; perhaps your offer will supply an adequate solution for the moment. She will however have to be presented to the council in the morning. We wouldn’t want them to think we were keeping secrets from them.” That was the last thing Linten needed. He already had far too much of their attention since the witches were released and Brent was disposed of. The last thing he need was them thinking he was trying to smuggle someone in to the Black Tower.

Linten moved past Olivia to continue his conversation about her with Racelle as if she was not present.  “You do understand that her personal effects will have to be confiscated and guarded until the council decides what to do with her? She will also have to be watched mind you. She can’t just be left to her own in a room, even in the Tavern. Not until she can be properly informed of her new place and the rules and punishments that go with failure to follow them. I will not have this turning in to a mess with my name attached to it. In fact,” Linten glanced back at the swaying woman briefly before returning his cool gaze on Racelle again, “I will accompany you and the lady to the tavern to ensure there is no issues with her arrival.” He could have the soldier secure the woman’s belongings in a stable until morning. That should keep the powers that be happy with any luck. Well, as happy as they were likely to be after finding yet another non channelling person in the Black Tower to look after. In that regard he was still not taking any chances. Saidin still rushed though him like a frozen river with a shielding weave held at the ready. If this new arrival tried to touch the One Power she would find out what his pet had. No witch was ever going to corner him again.

Linten

The one inspecting the cart, turned as she addressed him.

<i>“That is indeed kind of you Racelle. Your offer is far too generous for this event but as it is late and I do not wish to make the night later for others; perhaps your offer will supply an adequate solution for the moment. She will however have to be presented to the council in the morning. We wouldn’t want them to think we were keeping secrets from them.”</i>

Of course he would think it too generous, but at least he agreed. He addressed only Racelle, and even stepped past the woman without so much as a glance. It was amazing how little respect the Black Coats showed others. They were all soldiers and tied even tighter than she was to the Tower, Racelle understood this, but it was as if they had no sympathy for poor wanderers that happen upon the Farm.

<i>“You do understand that her personal effects will have to be confiscated and guarded until the council decides what to do with her? She will also have to be watched mind you. She can’t just be left to her own in a room, even in the Tavern. Not until she can be properly informed of her new place and the rules and</i> <b>punishments </b><i>that go with failure to follow them. I will not have this turning in to a mess with my name attached to it. In fact, I will accompany you and the lady to the tavern to ensure there is no issues with her arrival.”</i>

Racelle nodded in acquiescence and continued in a respectful tone, "I would appreciate your escort, my Lord. I did not expect her or her belongings to go unguarded for the evening, but the woman obviously needs a place to sleep for the evening and tavern is the best option considering it <i>is</i> late and I am still awake to accomodate her. You can take care of her things and I will reside in the tavern tonight to ensure she is still there in the morning. If my presence isn't sufficient enough I will have Dashiva stay with us there also. He's rises before sun every morning, and I doubt you have to worry that our guest will rise before then."

Turning to the woman, Racelle introduced herself. "My name is Racelle, missus. I have a room in the local tavern that is warm and free of charge. The men here will put your wagon and horse in the stable while I prepare your room."

It seemed as though Olivia was drawing a crowd, as yet another figure emerged from the darkness to greet the trio. A woman, this time. Olivia frowned. She was already disconcerted by the cold glare the man who was obviously the superior had given her, then to be confronted with a woman who was likely a jealous lover of one of her two companions. Just what she needed, being chased away from wherever this inn was before even arriving or giving so much as a flutter of eyelashes.

Why were they talking about her as though she wasn't standing right there? She may be more than a little foxed, but she wasn't a complete idiot, and here they were discussing what to do with her like she was an unfortunate problem that needed sweeping under the rug with minimum fuss. Scowling, she folded her arms beneath her bosom and tapped her foot until it set her off balance, so she settled for a hands on hips stance and a dark glare while the cold one started discussing rules and punishments. What kind of place had rules for travellers? Olivia wasn't the dim-witted one, she decided. Unless this man was married and escaping any trouble finding Olivia may cause him? Wouldn't be the first time. Really, some married men were such cowards.

At last the new woman, Racelle turned her attention back to Olivia. At least she was talking to her, and not just in front of her. And offering a free room, at that. It was mighty tempting...but what was the catch? Olivia was wary of the other members of her sex as a general rule, but what other option did she have? Those men weren't going to let her go on her merry way it seemed, and she couldn't go back the way she came. Summoning another winning smile, Olivia moved to stand closer to Racelle.

"Why that do be mighty kind of you, lady. A warm bed do sound inviting, and I do think old Maggie could do with a stable for once. Thankyou." Olivia grinned again, earlier annoyance gone in an instant, so much so that she even favoured the surly one with that bright smile along with the others. "Now that we have that cleared up, show the way! I do be in the mood for a hot meal and perhaps a nightcap before I do be finding that bed."

~Olivia Tamedo, Civilian

Linten’s eyebrows twitched toward a furrow before being stilled in place. Had the woman just tried to dismiss him? She was tied to Dashiva and as such he would have to step gingerly. Linten had not had a lot of contact with Dashiva since early on in his soldier days. But he was sure that Dashiva, with the connections he held, would have heard all manner of information on the happenings of Linten since then. Even if some was sure to be over exaggerated, there would be enough truth to set the man’s opinion one way or the other. Not something Linten cared particularly about at the moment. Not unless there was a chance to further his requirements through an ally of that stature. But that was whimsical dreaming, and whimsical dreaming would only get him killed if he didn’t keep his thoughts clear and his steps exceedingly cautious. He was no fool. He knew the ruling body here tolerated his existence only as far as they need under the requirements of the Dragon Reborn himself.

His personal internal dance of options and strategies was interrupted by the flash of a bright and inviting smile. A smile he would have played off of at an earlier time. Instead it brought back the distance cool look from earlier as he secreted his plans away for further thought when there were not so many others around to worry about. “The soldier will take care of the belongings and the nag as I stated earlier Racelle,” he nodded toward the other man. His voice was not harsh but there was firmness in it that spoke of command in this situation. He was not about to let the woman just wander off with this new stranger without a careful eye on her. “I concede that your presence in the Inn alone with her will suffice, there is no need to wake Dashiva for this and his early rise will be sufficient to ensure things are quite for the morning. But I will escort you to the tavern and,” his gaze cut sharply to the new arrival. “There will be no nightcaps before bed. You have had quite enough of those already.” Linten held her gaze for a spell longer until the smile slide slightly on her face and she averted her eyes. Good, the less the challenge the more likely I will not have to put my neck out to educate her.

~A pet? We had one of those before though we shouldn’t have. I miss her eyes~

In time, I will find her again. Our pet cannot hid in that Tower forever. Sooner or later I will find her again.

Linten turned to the other man in unrelieved black and gave him a few short orders in regards to the woman’s belongings and horse, if it could be called that, before turning back to the women. “Okay Racelle, lead our new guest to her one night of freedom. Perhaps you can better prepare her over her meal for the life she is about to step into. If not so be it. It matters not for the rest of us, though it might make the transition easier hearing it from one who has already accepted her new life. While you are at it perhaps you can get the woman’s name.” With that Linten moved forward herding the new arrival up to Racelle and following the two of them toward the tavern.

OOC: Racelle wasn't trying to dismiss Lintel, i should have explained my post better, i apologize. i was addressing Olivia because I knew Lav was going post that evening. but no worries, ill work with this :)

IC:

The drunken woman smiled broadly as she stepped closer to address Racelle, who was nearly knocked backward with the smell of booze.

"Why that do be mighty kind of you, lady. A warm bed do sound inviting, and I do think old Maggie could do with a stable for once. Thankyou. Now that we have that cleared up, show the way! I do be in the mood for a hot meal and perhaps a nightcap before I do be finding that bed."

Racelle was about to speak, when the Dedicated stepped up to continue their conversation. Racelle was reproachful of herself for not finishing their conversation first, but she did not want to talk above their newcomer any longer than necessary.

"The soldier will take care of the belongings and the nag as I stated earlier Racelle. I concede that your presence in the Inn alone with her will suffice, there is no need to wake Dashiva for this and his early rise will be sufficient to ensure things are quite for the morning. But I will escort you to the tavern and,” his gaze cut sharply to the young woman. “There will be no nightcaps before bed. You have had quite enough of those already."

He gave the guest a stare that clearly disconcerted the woman, for her smiled faltered. Racelle pursed her lips in vexation. This was not necessary.

“Okay Racelle, lead our new guest to her one night of freedom. Perhaps you can better prepare her over her meal for the life she is about to step into. If not so be it. It matters not for the rest of us, though it might make the transition easier hearing it from one who has already accepted her new life. While you are at it perhaps you can get the woman’s name.”

Racelle nodded and gave a smile that was hopefully reassuring to the man. She had no intention of giving the woman anything else to drink this evening.

"I will see to it that she has something hot to eat and decent to drink before she is tucked into bed. And if the Soldier will be so kind as to deliver a note to Dashiva so he knows where I am staying, and as for that I am afraid there is no way around not waking him." If she were to go wake him to explain he would insist on staying with her in the Inn and if a man that can channel approached his home to deliver a message his wards would alert him and he would wake anyway. "I will be sure to explain to him that I am caring for the woman of my own choice, not because she was forced upon me."

Racelle addressed the woman again, "If you and your wagon will follow me, I will lead the way to the inn, Madam..?"

Olivia scowled again at the condescending trolloc kissing oaf as he continued speaking to Racelle as though Olivia was a child or perhaps a cow that couldn't understand his speech. Why didn't he ask her himself if he wanted to know her name? Olivia readily admitted that she was well and truly sozzled from drink, but she was not a complete imbecile incapable of coherent conversation. Drawing herself up straighter, she sniffed loudly and turned to Racelle. No night cap? Who was he to say whether a patron could imbibe in a brief restorative before retiring? "Olivia, Olivia Tamedo." Her voice was sugary sweet and loud enough for the man following closely behind to hear. "It do be nice to have a friendly face in these parts." She shot a meaningful look over her shoulder which seemed to glance off the man behind her like a butterfly crashing into a rock. Bah.

"A warm bed and some food, that do be what I need before I continue on my way in the morning. Unless of course you do have a few days of work I can do? I do be needing to restock my supplies before I move on." That Racelle responded in a rather non-committal way should have alerted Olivia to something odd going on, but her heavily clouded mind refused to make any such connections. The prospect of a few days of easy work and flirting was too appealing for worry. Even flirting with rude but handsome men was better than another week on the road alone with her drink and old maggie.

"So what do be the name of this village?" Olivia asked as buildings came into view. The hour was late so there were not many people about, but Olivia saw several more men in the same unrelieved black coats. Men wandering about at that hour were either single, or sneaking from their wives. Either suited Olivia just fine. "My geography do not be so good and I did manage to lose track of just where I was several days ago." Olivia chuckled gaily, not concerned in the slightest about her predicament. The middle of no where was better than what she'd left behind, and the company a sight more palatable.

Olivia Tamedo

Walking into the Lion's Den

OOC: No worries Neira, that is just Linten's personality. :)

As soon as Racelle had mentioned Dashiva, Linten's mind began ticking away. That was a relationship he was still trying to foster back into some semblance of balance. Which would benefit him more, to remain with the women until the message was delivered or deliver the message himself and leave Racelle to look after the newcomer. She didn't look like she was in any condition to give Racelle trouble. But if he went to deliver the message and something did happen to Racelle, would Dash blame him for any of it? A major set back that would be. But if he remained would Dash only perceive his presence with the women as a prelude to the past? Frustration tried to tickle at his mind but he coldly turned it aside. There was no perfect answer, not when he had not secured a strong tie to Dashiva.

Olivia glanced back at him and he ignored the attempt to goad him. She was a simpleton and he could see little use for her right now other then a quick tussle. He had too many more important things to deal with right now then the simple pleasures of the flesh. A niggling itched at the back of his mind; the whimper of his pet. But he steeled it away from sight. Those where dangerous thoughts in the present power climate of the Black Tower. Linten had been sure to stay in the shadows for the most part, answering any summons requested of him. That hiding did not stop him from watching everything that happened around him very cautiously. Many had begun to relax and go about life as they had before Brent was killed. Linten was not one of them. He wore the facade of regular routine. But his shoulder blades itched every time he found himself out in the open. There was no direct indication that anyone was after him. But wearing Black and surviving meant holding a level of paranoia close at hand in a loving embrace. Here a thought could kill if you let your guard down almost as quick as in Tel'aran'rhoid.

Olivia would never be leaving the Black Tower again so it mattered not if she truly found out where she had landed herself and in how big a mess he life was to be. Besides, the though of bringing panic or a bite of concern to the carefree lass brought a warmth to his heart. “You, Olivia, have landed yourself in the one light forsaken place in Andor that no one wants to admit exists. You are now a guest of the Black Tower, work we can find if Racelle has none for you. Get very comfortable, you will be here longer then you expect.” His voice had remained the distant cold it held since first arriving, until he spoke of her comfort and hinted at her imprisonment. Pleasure stroke the edges of his voice and a smile with no warmth pulled the corners of his mouth up. Misery loves company and the more souls that had to share in the misery of men wielding Saidin the happier Linten was.

“As for your message Racelle. I will personally deliver it to Dashiva once you have penned it. If he must be awoken anyway I will carry it and see that he knows where you are.” He offered her a slight nod of his head, he bowed to no woman. But had noticed in his travels that they seemed to appreciate the act of a bent neck at times.

As they approached and stopped in front of the Inn, Racelle's plan was to offer Olivia dinner and promise to explain their location when she had food in front of her. The Asha'man had other plans.  

“You, Olivia, have landed yourself in the one light forsaken place in Andor that no one wants to admit exists. You are now a guest of the Black Tower, work we can find if Racelle has none for you. Get very comfortable, you will be here longer then you expect.”

Racelle shot the Asha'man a cold stare. I wanted to drop that bomb easier than that. When turned to him, her glare rather turned into a grimace. His smile was more disconcerting than comforting. He seemed not to notice.

“As for your message Racelle. I will personally deliver it to Dashiva once you have penned it. If he must be awoken anyway I will carry it and see that he knows where you are.”

He bowed, but Racelle thought nothing of his manners. Hoping to get rid of the man for a while, she sent him on his way. "That is very kind of you, Asha'man. Your name is Linten, correct?" She brought the name out of the back of her mind. "If you will please take the poor mare to the stable and give her some grain, I will have my note to Dashiva ready for you."

After he had left she turned to Olivia, "I promise to explain what he means when we get inside out of the chill air." She led Olivia inside and gave her a table and a warm cup of tea. While in the kitchens she grabbed a paper and pen and ink, and set the pot of mutton stew they had served for dinner over the fire. Returning to the dining room, she sat the tea in front of Olivia and took a seat across from her. "I put a fire under a pot of mutton stew, it won't take long to warm," Olivia looked at the tea and then back at Racelle with a mixture of confusion and annoyance, so Racelle answered her unspoken questions without pausing.

"The village is called the Black Tower. It is the establishment the Dragon Reborn has set up to teach men who can channel the One Power. It is a preparation for the Last Battle. The location is closely kept secret. Anyone who happens to find this village by accident is required to stay in an effort to keep its existence a secret. I was riding my horse through the woods when I stumbled upon the place more than a year past. I've left the premises before, but only because I married one of the men and he... took a leave of absence, lets say, for a few months. I have never returned to see my family to explain because I have a duty to the men here to keep the secret. And now, so do you. This is your new home, now. I will attempt to petition that you stay in the Inn, but it is not my decision. And the officials will have the final say. When I came here, I, like others before you and I, have attempted escape too many times for them to trust any newcomer not to do the same. For this reason they may have you stay with one of the Asha'man."

Racelle waited to see how the poor woman would react to her imprisonment for nothing more than wandering. Racelle still remembered how it felt and her heart swelled with sympathy.