DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where Is Moirane ?

Is Africa a Tune?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is Africa a Tune?

• TUNE!
    • NO TUNE!

I think that Moiraine is already back and that she is a dark sister (Cyndane) here is why.

1. She quickly resorts to forbidden lore and path of least resistance such as using balefire.

2. She seems to have no problem performaing acts that are anathema for other Aes Sedai such as passing Lan's Bond.

3. She mainpulates others with an ease that is inspiring to behold

4. she once told Rand that she could sense the dark ones servants yet she did not sense one of the forsaken when rand "adopted" Asmodean in the Aiel Waste.

5. When she did discover Asmodean she told no one. Not even Rand that she Knew.

6. She had to sense the potential in the girls of the two rivers that all other Aes Sedai sensed yet she kept this knowledge secret at a time when every wielder of the one power no matter how weak or un-trained is deparately needed

7. She is able to traverse Shadar Logoth and the Ways without any encounter what so ever withen the dark forces contained within yet all others who do so invariably fight for their lives and usually die.

8. She willingly and without any apparant regret traded the life of her uncle, the King of Cairhien to Thom Merrilen without any after thought.

9. From the beginning she has taken every opportunity to keep away from those who know her best in the tower. Since she was raised she has spent little or no time there. The better to keep old friends from noticing new thoughts, attitudes or changes in personality.

10. She seems to have knowledge, skill, and confidence totally out of bounds for a sister only 20 or so years raised. That would be like a 10 year old girl going to med school. could it happen ... maybe. Has it ever happened....not that I ever heard of.

Tell me what you think. this is only a theory i would appreciate feed back on this.[/b]

We've had Moiraine's point of view many times in the series. There is no way she's a darkfriend. Go back and read Cyndane's points of view, too. She's Lanfear, as MsDanya said. But to comment on your points anyway (****If you have not finished up to and including KoD, do not read past this point):

1. Moiraine uses balefire as a last resort, such as against dark hounds. She uses it even less than Rand does. Most of the time when you see her fighting, she's using ordinary fireballs.

2. Doing something with her warder that is frowned upon by other Aes Sedai hardly makes her a darkfriend. Her reasons for doing it were well-intentioned. She didn't want Lan to die avenging her, and she wanted him to be happy with Nynaeve.

3. As do all other Aes Sedai. That's just what they do.

4. Asmodean's connection to the DO had been broken. How does this make Moiraine a darkfriend?

5. We don't know her reasons for doing this, but it doesn't automatically make her a darkfriend. Perhaps she was afraid of how Rand would react to her knowledge. Maybe she thought he'd do something dangerous just to be contrary. Maybe she didn't want Asmodean to find out that she knew, so she told no one. Maybe she saw something in Rhuidean that made her keep her mouth shut. Maybe we'll find out in AMoL. But in any case, she did eventually tell Rand that she knew, in the note she left him.

6. She sensed the ability in Nynaeve because Nynaeve had already achieved control over the power, block or no. We don't know how much time Moiraine spent among the other village girls to be able to sense any who might have the spark, and I doubt she bothered testing them to see who had the ability to learn. However, she probably saw her primary mission -- to get the three ta'veren, one of whom was the Dragon Reborn, to safety -- as more important than filling the novice book.

7. Huh? In EotW, their party is split up by mashadar in Shadar Logoth, and attacked by machin shin in the Ways. She certainly did have encounters with those forces.

8. Again...huh? Moiraine's uncle was King Laman, who caused the Aiel War and was assassinated at the end of it, 20 years before EotW even begins. What does Thom have to do with it?

9. She stayed away from the Tower so much because she had a mission. She is still friends with Siuan when we see them together in TGH. Slightly estranged, maybe, due to Siuan having to stay in the Tower, but still friends nonetheless.

10. Uh, I don't really understand this either. She's in her 40's. I've known people in the real world who are that age or younger who have as much confidence, knowledge, and skill in their field as Moiraine does. Remember that she was noble-born, so her education in politics began in childhood, not just when she reached the Tower. She also dedicated 20+ years of her life to finding the Dragon Reborn, so it would only make sense that she is knowledgable where the prophecies are concerned.

So...no, I don't think this theory is likely at all. I firmly believe that Moiraine is and always will be one of Rand and the Light's biggest supporters. ;)

I think that Moiraine is already back and that she is a dark sister (Cyndane) here is why.

Have you read KoD?? Moirane is not back.

And Cyndane is not a black sister.

1. She quickly resorts to forbidden lore and path of least resistance such as using balefire.

Not quickly' date=' only as a last resort, as someone pointed out.

2. She seems to have no problem performaing acts that are anathema for other Aes Sedai such as passing Lan's Bond.

As said, that hardly makes her a darkfriend. If being unconventional is a sign of a darkfriend, then everyone from Rand to Cadsuane to Egwene are darkfriends, since all have done unconventional things.

3. She mainpulates others with an ease that is inspiring to behold

But Cyndane does not. From what we have seen of her, Cyndane has none of Moirane's serene calm, nor her ability to manipulate. Also, Cyndane is way stronger than Moirane.

4. she once told Rand that she could sense the dark ones servants yet she did not sense one of the forsaken when rand "adopted" Asmodean in the Aiel Waste.

She also said that she could not sense Darkfriends and Grey-men.

5. When she did discover Asmodean she told no one. Not even Rand that she Knew.

So what??

6. She had to sense the potential in the girls of the two rivers that all other Aes Sedai sensed yet she kept this knowledge secret at a time when every wielder of the one power no matter how weak or un-trained is deparately needed

No she could not have. People like Bode, who have the spark, were not close to manifesting it in the beginning of EotW. Only Egwene was. As for the others, Moirane would have had to perform tests to know if they could channel.

7. She is able to traverse Shadar Logoth and the Ways without any encounter what so ever withen the dark forces contained within yet all others who do so invariably fight for their lives and usually die.

Firstly, not even the Forsaken can traverse Shadar Logoth without a problem. Witness Sammael. Secondly, Moirane did have problems in SL and the Ways.

8. She willingly and without any apparant regret traded the life of her uncle, the King of Cairhien to Thom Merrilen without any after thought.

Huh?? What are you talking about??

9. From the beginning she has taken every opportunity to keep away from those who know her best in the tower. Since she was raised she has spent little or no time there. The better to keep old friends from noticing new thoughts, attitudes or changes in personality.

An excellent manipularor like Moirane would have little difficulty in vieling her true personality. And she was away from the Tower because she was searching for the DR.

10. She seems to have knowledge, skill, and confidence totally out of bounds for a sister only 20 or so years raised. That would be like a 10 year old girl going to med school. could it happen ... maybe. Has it ever happened....not that I ever heard of.

Is it surprising that a 40 year old woman is confident and strong willed? Especially since she has spent 20 years out in the open searching for the DR?

Tell me what you think. this is only a theory i would appreciate feed back on this.[/b']

If you have read upto KoD and still made this theory, then I'm speechless. Else, all I can say is, wait till KoD, you'll know when Moirane will be back.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a theory as to where Moraine is and how she will be recovered.

1. Moraine is in the land of the Aelfinn, Eelfinn. These are the Snake and Foxes people who give answers through the crooked Ter-angreal doorways. Bridgette referred to them in the Shadow Rising as not exactly evil, but so different from Humans they could be considered such. She continue to say they are not to be trusted, they are the basis of the game snakes and foxes. As Mat tells you a thousand times, there is no way to win that game….unless you cheat.

2. So How do Thom and Mat rescue Moraine. There is only one way to enter the land of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn, and that is through the Tower Of Ghenjei. But once in, how can they possibly rescue her from the snakes and the foxes?

3. That’s where Mat comes in, he knows you can’t win the game, and then he’s going to remember this line from the game: “Courage to Strengthen, Fire to blind, music to daze, Iron to bind.†(462 Shadow rising) These are the things that can be used to defeat the Aelfinn, Eelfinn. Each time that Mat entered their Ter-angreal, the Snakes and Foxes asked him do you have any fire, tools to make music, or Iron. You skip right over it at the time because who cares, but Robert Jordan is too good for that. He leaves a thousand hints and suggests there’s thousands more.

4. So in conclusion, Mat and Thom will enter the Tower of Ghenjei, cheat the Aelfinn, Eelfinn and escape.

5. Here’s my one stretch…. I think Thom marries Moraine. Just laying it out there. Because that my friends, is a whole other topic.

-Curious

Thom will marry moiraine ? lmao that's a crooked theory i would like to see the reasons behind that...

As for cheating the aelfinn/eelfinn the aelfinn aren't bad it's the eelfinn who are worse.. they're the one's making clothes out of human skin. Yes they are in the tower of ghenjei but what does slayer have to do with them ? ... the encounter within the tower of ghenjei will be interesting as for the iron music and fire.. well Mat knows how to use iron (he is a reputable warrior after all) Thoms a gleeman, there's your music and fire well everyone knows how to make fire and Mat has they wicked awesome sticks Aludra gave him so who knows.

Also even though WE may think the Eelfinn are evil or bad.. as it says on Wiki "they are so different from humans that it cannot be applied" because they're so different from us we can't say they're evil.. lol

Interesting.

:D

Did you read KoD yet? If not, there's a major, MAJOR, hint in there that leads us to a Thom/Moiraine shipper.

Clues in other books inlcudes Moiraine's comment to the girls about knowing the face of the man she would marry better than they ever would.

It's a lot of small hints that you'll pick up on a reread. Moriaine laughing when Thom flipps out his knife at Taren Farrey, Thom always saying that Moriaine is a fine lady, Moriaine's interest in telling Thom who helped gentle his nephew, Moriaine's letter to Thom, the contents of the letter, and about a billion looks between the two. I swear if you reread the series looking for that stuff, any time one is mentioned to the other it's OBVIOUS there's something going on.

I was only asking a question there's no need to be so impolite about it i thought it said in "how to be liked on dragonmount" it said if you don't know ASK so i asked and i get burned

Try to be more civil ?

And thanks kadere it's probably because i wasn't looking for the connection i never spotted it. I'm sure if i reread looking for the signs i'd spot them.

Archived