DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Quick view of Sanderson

D24g0n

If you want to get a better idea of how awesome of a writer that Brandon Sanderson is, then I highly suggest that you read his Mistborn Trilogy and also the first book that he got published and that is Elantris.

Haha, in the pic on that story it totally looks like the guy behind is checking out the guy in front.

Mistborn is better than Elantris. Sanderson seems to have learnt a fair bit between the the two.

Mistborn is better than Elantris...?? Well, I thought Elantris was freakin awesome! so I guess I'm gonna need to go get the mistborn series.

mistborn is so much better than elantris that they arn't even comparable...

Well that is good to hear, I just started Elantris and have been sucked into it completely.  If Mistborn is better then I have plenty to look forward to. 

Both Elantris and Mistborn (that i only read the first book of the trilogy) have an amazin' setting. Not as complex as WoT or Lotr, but truly amazin'. I actually like the magic system in Elantris more then Allomancy ^^ But nevertheless we have to agree that his writhing skills improved slightly at mistborn. I'm still waiting the delivery of Mistborn 2 to continue, but i've already read Warbreaker (the online version) and it's awsome =D

What i most like about him is that... he is an "end-guy". He loves the big epic endings... =D

I've only read the Mistborn trilogy so far but after finishing the entire thing I think he has shown himself a capable writer that knows how to get from point a to b and keep the readers attention doing so.

My favorite Part of the MistBorn series was that I thought that it had an Original story. Too often I have reade fantasy that was a rehash of some other authors scene. I esspecally felt that way while reading Eragon. I also really liked the System of Magic. It was unique.

I've read elantris, it was pretty good, though it took me a while to get into for some reason (half the book), once i did get into it though i flew threw the rest of the book

havent read mistborn, is it better, worse or the same? in any case i have no doubts he will do an admirable job with an already established story line

I have not read anything of his except that short story, and I am still impressed. I am going to read the online version of Warbreaker, and I also have Mistborn with me.

I just posted this for the people who, like me, do not have time to take on a new book. At least no time for a new series right now.

Archived