DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

can Avi dream walk?

lordofsoup

I was rereading #4 and noticed the part where avi leaks to Rand that the WO were spying on his dreams, she talks like she was looking at them as well, but needed one of them to giude her.  So i guess my question is, did she just make a generalization or not?

Are those three the last dreamwalkers that the Aiel have?  It seems that way to me.  Are the dreamwalkers dying out?

They are the only dreamwalkers that the Aiel have, not the last. The ability is rare, not dying. There is a distinction.

if i remember correctly, I believe the Wise ones, on the way to Rand announcing that he is "he who comes with the dawn", say that they communicate with the other wise ones of the other septs.

Speaking in dreams is different from pulling a person into the dream world. Within a persons dreams the person has all the power, but if you pull them into TAR you have all the power. The Wise Ones believe the latter to be evil, and don't do it.

The Aiel Dreamwalkers actually are not the only Dreamwalkers.

Lanfear also has the ability, probably also Moghedien; maybe the other Forsaken as well.

Wolfbrothers & Slayer can also enter Telaranrhiod at will.

And Egwene (a non-Aiel) also has the ability.

The Aiel Dreamwalkers actually are not the only Dreamwalkers.

Lanfear also has the ability, probably also Moghedien; maybe the other Forsaken as well.

Wolfbrothers & Slayer can also enter Telaranrhiod at will.

And Egwene (a non-Aiel) also has the ability.

quote]

Uh... thanks? May I ask what prompted you to this? We all know that dreamwalkers exist outside the Aiel.

Im pretty sure there are many other Aiel of other septs who can dreamwalk it just doesnt mention them

Why, precisely, are you sure of that? Indeed why are you even inclined to think so? The Dreamwalkers of different clans gathered to prepare for He Who Comes With the Dawn--why are these multitude so exlcuded?

is it proven that Avi cannot dreamwalk? Maybe she just hasnt learnt how to yet

could you quote where it says those three are the only dreamwalkers?

chapter 5, Fires of Heaven, Egwene says that Avi cannot dreamwalk  ;)

Uh... thanks? May I ask what prompted you to this? We all know that dreamwalkers exist outside the Aiel.

This comment::

And yes, those are the only dreamwalkers

I took "those" to mean the Aiel ones.

Though now I realize that you were answering a question from several posters.

Im pretty sure there are many other Aiel of other septs who can dreamwalk it just doesnt mention them

You need to go back and reread the series than, there are no other dreamwalkers among the Aiel, I beleive it states it right out in book 4, could be 5 but they  do tell you.

This comment::

And yes, those are the only dreamwalkers

I took "those" to mean the Aiel ones.

Though now I realize that you were answering a question from several posters.

Lol, cool... I was kinda confused.

i'll have to go find it but I think when Egwene goes to learn the Dream, Amys or one of the (then) four dreamwalkers says straight out that they are the only dreamwalkers among the Aiel, and that it had been a long time since there was a Dreamer among Aes Sedai.

Which...that makes me wonder if Aiel dreamwalkers and Aes Sedai Dreamers communicated with one another and simply didn't tell the White Tower or whatever.

Archived