DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Friendship (Kennar, Sandre and Edana)- though input is always welcome

U4ea

I thought we could use some space to chat, since we're not all three on at the same time.

Sangreal had some awesome ideas while we were yacking about it last night, so I'll let him fill in what I'm missing. I'll try this in timeline format and see how it works:

1~ Ed and Kennar meet again (during shifts in duty, after shifts at the bar, other options?)

2~ They find themselves hanging out more often than not and become "friends." (in quotes, because I'm pretty sure he's not interested in friendship with a light-fool)

3~ Sandre tries to warn Ed that something's not right with Kennar, she gets angry (because that's what she does) and decides she'll hang out with him MORE just because Sandre's trying to control her.

4~ Kennar sees the tension and starts spreading rumors (or at least does nothing to stop the rumors and possibly acts cocky enough to give them credence) that Ed is sleeping with him. Sandre eventually confronts Ed about it, <enter big blowup fight here where she swears she's not and he doesn't believe her>, and all the lovely storm-off, getting into fights in dirty alleys, not talking to each other, avoiding each other as much as possible, yada, yada, yada...

5~ Ed stumbles on enough little pieces of the Kennar puzzle (possibly finding blood on his clothes after the twins are murdered, if Mat decides to go there?) that she starts suspecting he's a darkfriend, but doesn't have enough proof to go anywhere with it. She starts avoiding him.

***** This is where the out loud discussion stopped and the three hours it took me to go to sleep while I was laying in bed kicked in*****

6~  Kennar confronts Ed about it. Ed latches on to the rumors because she knows she can't kill him and it's the only way she can get out of the situation she's found herself in.

7~ Edana irritates Kynwric because she's getting paranoid about Kennar and either challenges him to a dual or a training session just turns in to one. Naturally, this would be the "Bruising Time" req, so she won't land anything and will most likely get her butt handed to her. *laughs* After which, he better buy her a drink and ask her what her problem is. *eyes him*

I know I missed stuff and I know this is the first time you're seeing it, Sieve, so...

What do ya'll think?

umm stupid me I forgot one really important point.  Kennar is closely associated with Eqwina so we have to be very careful with this.  Any ideas will have to be run by her as well as it greatly affects her character.  I believe it is fine for them to have their suspicions about him as long as they do not voice them to others.  I think that should be alright but Eqwina will have to say yay or nay. 

Between them is a-ok with me. As long as rumors don't get spread around the yards. Then they could make their way into the tower....and then..well Eqwina might have to start killing off TG's  ;) ;D

lol, Ed's not the kind to spread rumors and until she has proof, she'll keep her feelings about things to herself. She won't trust him and Sandre already doesn't trust him, so I can't see it even being voiced, anywhere.

Plus, if he's any kind of good DF, there'll never be evidence for her to link directly to him with any kind of concreteness. :)

Alright, so I'm looking at Req's to get some good numbers added in while I'm doing this and here's what I think. Since we're all at about the same level, perhaps you can use these for the same purpose?

Ed and Kennar meeting and chatting: A week in the Life req

The whole conflict/rumors thing: Create your Own req (pending approval, of course. Hey, Eq, is this cool for an outline to get approval or do I need more details?)

*chews her lip* Yeah, that's all I've got.

Unless I add:

7. Edana irritates Kynwric because she's getting paranoid about Kennar and either challenges him to a dual or a training session just turns in to one. Naturally, this would be the "Bruising Time" req, so she won't land anything and will most likely get her butt handed to her. *laughs* After which, he better buy her a drink and ask her what her problem is. *eyes him* I am so adding this to the list up there...

SOOOOO... I was thinking of getting this ball rolling tomorrow-ish, so which would you prefer, Sieve? Having the same duty assignment or running into each other in the bar?

Well when the rumors have stirred long enough I need a reason to get Sandre to leave for the borderlands. You think Kennar's penmanship could be put to use writing a letter to Edana with locations of where to meet and details about how he cant wait to have her in his arms again properly placed where Sandre will find it before she does would be possible? No way to prove he actually wrote it

SOOOOO... I was thinking of getting this ball rolling tomorrow-ish, so which would you prefer, Sieve? Having the same duty assignment or running into each other in the bar?

Well it could be a duty assignment or perhaps they train together.  Thera was going to teach Kennar in stealth and subterfuge, they could take the class together.  The duty assignment or training could lead to drinking afterwards.  Or they could just meet at the bar, either way is fine with me.

Well when the rumors have stirred long enough I need a reason to get Sandre to leave for the borderlands. You think Kennar's penmanship could be put to use writing a letter to Edana with locations of where to meet and details about how he cant wait to have her in his arms again properly placed where Sandre will find it before she does would be possible? No way to prove he actually wrote it

Sure we can make that happen.

• 4 months later...

*grins and nudges* Yay for Kennar coming back to play!

I think we'll just keep playing this as if it happened before the Blight mess. So, we can play it just like we'd planned, Sandre will just be leaving because of something else IN ADDITION to this. *smirks*

OK with ya'll?

Edit for notes about possible req's being met:

*I'm not sure whether the killing off of the twins will play into this or not, so I'm tossing out ideas. I'm generally going with the "drinking buddy who might be more than that" type of relationship, since they've both hinted at it. The goal was for them to be close enough for Sandre to get suspicious, anyway, right?

An Accident-

Perhaps Kennar and Ed have a little TOO good a time and have an accident stumbling back to the Tower for guard duty?

Betrayal-

Starts finding some hints that Kennar's not the light-hearted drinking buddy she thought he was. We can still do the letters thing here, if you'd like.

Cunning-

Ed tries to extricate herself from this situation without tipping Kennar off and getting herself killed.

Eh, I'm not married to any of them, so Sandre, Sieve... thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

*bumps with her hip*

Your turn, dear! :D

I'm also bumping this because we're past the fit of jealous rage that sends Sandre away, so perhaps we'll play this as what happened before she was shipped off to the Borderlands, after all. We won't have to do the whole betrayal thing right away, unless you just want to. We can let them think things are great for a while. ;)

*bumps with her hip*

Your turn, dear! :D

I'm also bumping this because we're past the fit of jealous rage that sends Sandre away, so perhaps we'll play this as what happened before she was shipped off to the Borderlands, after all. We won't have to do the whole betrayal thing right away, unless you just want to. We can let them think things are great for a while. ;)

Sorry had a creative writing block...was trying to think of another prank then it just slipped my feeble mind.

OK sounds good

*laughs* I'm finding it hard to believe that YOU would find it hard to find a prank to pull... call me a skeptic... ;)

's no biggie! Just didn't want you to forget me again! I can't make Sandre jealous if you're not around to flirt with, ya know?