DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt

Gidar

I'm currently reading the second book and I guess I'll get my answers later but I keep wondering.. What is Bayle Domon's part in all of this... To me his is just a regular man and as far as I can see there's nothing special about him :p ???

I'm currently reading the second book and I guess I'll get my answers later but I keep wondering.. What is Bayle Domon's part in all of this... To me his is just a regular man and as far as I can see there's nothing special about him :p ???

I'd recommend you run far away from the messageboards until you're done with the 11th book, or else you may draw the ire of people who have such as a certain someone recently did. To answer your question though, remember, you are reading a book series in which the main characters are literally walking plot devices, ta'veren are like the ultimate deus ex machina.

You might want to avoid the general WoT discussion board and the Gathering Storm board for a while yet.  I suggest the structured board, specifically threads that deal with tEotW and tGH until you get further along in the series.  There are going to be spoilers in EVERY thread in the boards I suggested keeping away from.  If you don't mind spoilers, stick around...but I really think you'll be better off being surprised.

He's a regular man and yet still plays a part. You go, Bayle Domon! 

*Cranks up Fanfare for the Common Man* :)

If you don't mind finding out who lives, who dies or who betrays, and knowing ahead of time every interesting plot twist before you read it, then this (General Wheel of Time Discussion)is a good board for you. If you want to share the experience of what you've already read with others while still allowing the story to unfold for you fresh and new with every page, then like the others have already said, the Structured Wheel of Time Discussion would be a better board for you. Either way, welcome to Dragonmount.

Domon plays his role in the book, if RJ is writing more than a single scene with a character, they generally have some sort of role in the book.

Even if they only had one scene, some characters tend to pop up again.  Off the top of my head, I can think of two in the EotW that only had one brief appearance that showed up again much later.  Excluding Forsaken.

Even if you've just read the first Bayle Domon section of tGH you should be able to figure out why he has a part in the book.  You did finish it, didn't you?

Nope =) still reading but thanks all.. I guess I should be going to the structured wot-discussion right away then straight away then  ;D

Even if you've just read the first Bayle Domon section of tGH you should be able to figure out why he has a part in the book.  You did finish it, didn't you?

Nope =) still reading but thanks all.. I guess I should be going to the structured wot-discussion right away then straight away then  ;D

Have fun! Be aware also, that reading a thread about a particular character, like Moiraine or Mat or whoever, will contain spoilers, even on the Structured board.

ya no joke man i would stay off the forums until you finish. I can't imagine how pissed i would be if it got spoiled for me :(. Thats why im reading Gathering Storm straight without leaving a room :)

Yes, maybe the forums should be shut down for a week or two after TGS comes out.

ya no joke man i would stay off the forums until you finish. I can't imagine how pissed i would be if it got spoiled for me :(. Thats why im reading Gathering Storm straight without leaving a room :)

Yes, maybe the forums should be shut down for a week or two after TGS comes out.

You're free to avoid them until you've finished the book; why deny others the use of the forums?

that's why i decided to completely avoid the site when TGS comes out until i've read it all. cause i know that you people won't be able too keep the spoilers in one place.

every damn theory topic like "who killed Asmodean" will be full of post saying: "ha, i knew i was right, suck it. here's a quote from chapter ...."

cause i know that you people won't be able too keep the spoilers in one place.
I have heard that when previous books were released, people were actually very good about keeping spoilers in the correct sections.

I have heard that when previous books were released, people were actually very good about keeping spoilers in the correct sections.

You heard correct.  There are protocols for new WoT books.

You're free to avoid them until you've finished the book; why deny others the use of the forums?

It'd be for the good of the people. Equality is the goal. In fact, when I'm not on no one should make any posts. When I log in and find people have made  new posts while I was gone I am thoroughly disappointed.

It'd be for the good of the people. Equality is the goal. In fact, when I'm not on no one should make any posts. When I log in and find people have made  new posts while I was gone I am thoroughly disappointed.

Okay, that makes sense.  :D

You heard correct.  There are protocols for new WoT books.

ok, good. then i won't have too leave and later find out i missed a cople hundred topics

Archived