DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

new guy

neila2112

Yep, I'm new, been lurking around for a little bit, but I've been reading WoT for about three years.  I'm on my second go around which I have enjoyed even more than the first.  I am getting more and more anxious for book 12, so that's what brought me here...

Over the course of the books I've grown to like Mat a lot more.  I'm about halfway through Winter's Heart, and one of my favorite parts of the books when Elayne, Min, Rand, and Avi all meet and resolve that whole love square bonding deal.

That isn't because I enjoyed the romance, its because after that I felt like the stories started moving strongly again.  Rand had just come off huge Seanchan battle in PoD, and the story seemed to be in this weird lull (esp. with Faile's capture)

But yeah, I'm excited to be where I'm at because Rand is moving strong again!

*nods* I like Mat, too. With Rand, we pretty much know what's going to happen to him, though there's some room for debate. But I want to see what becomes of Mat, Perrin, Egwene, Nyneave, and the rest. That's what keeps me in it now.

I have to log off now, but others will be along soon to welcome you. And you can visit the Orgs anytime.  :)

Welcome to DM!

I think most people like Mat - there is just something about his character! I really don't care much for the other characters, apart from Faile, Selene (when she was about) and Nyneave. Elayne and Egghead are plain annoying!

I may consider a re-read before the next book is released...but I would have to go home to my parents to get the first 10 books, and find the box that has the 11th (as I packed it away when moving from my old place last summer).

Have a good look around DM. Do not hesitate to ask any questions that might arise. But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Hey thanks...

My first read through I was borrowing from friends, so I wanted to buy the books as I went through this one.  Mat is definitely cool and never gets enough credit by the ladies.  I guess that's the same for all of the men though.

*lol* I read somewhere that RJ wrote WoT because he wanted to write a story about what a world might be like when most power was held by women, not men. I find the reactions of the men of this world to the WoT females very interesting.  ;D

I have wondered about that actually.  Sometimes it is annoying to me how condescending our leading ladies can be, but mostly I don't mind.  It provides another dynamic that makes WoT different from everything else out there.

Archived