DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

wheel of time audio books

No usually it's just one person, though they do vary. The Harry Potter books the guys who do them try to mold their voices to the characters they portray. Some Audio books will even have sound effects like in the case of Q Sqaured with John De Lancie.

As far as the Wot Books are concerned it's a woman who plays the female parts and a man who plays the male ones. I haven't heard them though myself to say anything more.

The LOTR one i have is a copy of the BBC production that was done in the 70's...everyone has their own parts like a movie

I also have a copy of the BBC production of Lord of the Rings.

question are the people doing  the audio really sound like rand or tam

I guess the person/people doing the audio would try to match the voices of the characters.

I have listened to almost all of the books and first of all, they are very well done. The two speakers do a great job trying to keep all of the different characters with thier own special voice or do like a 'battle' voice compared to regular speaking.

The Man will take ALL of the male and female voices when the chapter is on a male point of view and vice versa with the woman. At first that kind of bugged me, but they do it so well. I can't remember their names right now, but they are awesome.  If you get a chance you should give it a try.

Archived