DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue: The eye of the world

Jestr1323

Could someone provide a link to the whole prologue for The Eye of the World. My copy of the book got the first 10 or so pages ripped out and I haven't been able to read the prologue for years now. I am dying to read it again. Someone help!!

Talkin' about it... does anyone have a web version of the alternative prologue from the splitted up version of the Eye of the World. I think the first book was called From the Two Rivers. Since i only have the original copy, i never read that prologue (the one that egwene is a little girl).

Talkin' about it... does anyone have a web version of the alternative prologue from the splitted up version of the Eye of the World. I think the first book was called From the Two Rivers. Since i only have the original copy, i never read that prologue (the one that egwene is a little girl).

Legally? No. That said you can find almost everything at your favorite bay.

It's the Young Adult version--the design being that its shorter and more likely for kids to read. The first book is called From the Two Rivers, and the second book is called To the Blight.

Egwene's chapter, Raven's, is the only difference. For those who want to know what happens I'll put it bellow.

Egwene is working as a water carryer, and she is convinced to be the best water carryer there is. She goes through a few scenes with her sisters, but seeks out the boys, and witnesses them bantering. They are called on by Bran for a story, and Bran has Tam tell the story of the Dragon. The real one. Cenn isn't happy.

Luckers has it just about right, here's a link if you wanna hear just a few more details about it. http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=The_Eye_of_the_World:_Ravens_Prologue

Kenley will be allowed to help the older boys next year and he seems to think that gives him some kind of authority. Egwene gives him the level look she's seen the older girls and women use on the boys and men, but it doesn't seem to work very well. Egwene decides that she needs to work on that.
lol I love Egwene!  :D Tahnks for the summary, Luckers, and for the link to another summary, Jestr. I will have to track down a copy of this. I have seen some of the artwork from the young adult versions, and it's far, far better than Sweet's covers are, or at least, the one I saw of Nynaeve and Egwene was much better.  :)

Archived