DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

taser from AoL?

So in KOD ch. 31, the Black Ajah sisters stun Elayne and co. with a bent black rod.  From the sounds of it, it was some sort of taser.  Are there any kind of tasers today that can kill someone at 100 yards? or is that just some kind of special AoL weapon?

RJ said it was a pistol version of a shacklance. Think of the phasers on Star Trek, they have two settings, stun and kill.
Phasers on Star Trek have more than just two settings.

This is something Mr Ares knows very well  :P

j/k, but back to the topic.

My question would be how they managed to get one? I assume that they would have gotten it from a Forsaken that found one of those fancy boxes with AoL treasures.

RJ said it was a pistol version of a shacklance.  Think of the phasers on Star Trek, they have two settings, stun and kill.

Do you have a link for that?  Not that I doubt you or anything, I just was wondering what else he said. That is pretty interesting though.

This is something Mr Ares knows very well  :P

j/k, but back to the topic.

Is that your idea of a joke? Because, it sort of fails, by virtue of not being at all funny.

RJ said it was a pistol version of a shacklance. Think of the phasers on Star Trek, they have two settings, stun and kill.
Do you have a link for that?  Not that I doubt you or anything, I just was wondering what else he said. That is pretty interesting though.
Yeah, here's a link to the bit on phasers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_Star_Trek#Phasers

Wait, you were asking about what RJ said about the shocklance. As far as I know, he never confirmed that the item in question was a shocklance, but he has confirmed that shocklances are directed energy weapons, which certainly fits the description of the item in question, so that is most likely (we know saidar wasn't used). It is stated to be a weapon from the Age of Legends, and was given to them by Moghedien.

Did I upset you, Builder, by implying that your ill thought out spam was rather dull, not amusing? "This is something Mr Ares knows very well". It's something I picked up by watching Star Trek. Hardly very well, but what is the joke?

They took it from a storeroom in the White Tower, where there is a large cache of *angreal, gathered since The Breaking.

Actually no, Moghedian gave it to them--we don't know where she got it from. It's on page 676 of KoD.

Wait, you were asking about what RJ said about the shocklance. As far as I know, he never confirmed that the item in question was a shocklance, but he has confirmed that shocklances are directed energy weapons, which certainly fits the description of the item in question, so that is most likely (we know saidar wasn't used). It is stated to be a weapon from the Age of Legends, and was given to them by Moghedien.

He did actually--or rather he stated that it was the 'pistol version of a shocklance'.

That you have spent hundreds of hours watching a series that after a while begins to repeat itself.

Not really a very bright statement on a forum in which we discuss a series of books in which many of us have spent tens of thousands of hours rereading (I for one have read the entire series at least 9 times) one of which i suspect is you.

That you have spent hundreds of hours watching a series that after a while begins to repeat itself.

Not really a very bright statement on a forum in which we discuss a series of books in which many of us have spent tens of thousands of hours rereading (I for one have read the entire series at least 9 times) one of which i suspect is you.

CUBAREY, CUBAREY, CUBAREY you disappoint me. I'll simply have to rip your argument to shreds.

Fist of all, I know this guy. He's really into WoW. In fact I worry a bit about him because he has altogether spent over 2000 hours sitting in front of his computer playing games, and WoW happens to be his favorite game. The timespan he played was, I think, three years. My father can read one of the books in less than a week, spending lets say 60 hours on one book. Hardly those tens of thousands of hours you claim that Mr Ares have spent on reading the WoT?

I have used much more time reading the series because I don't read very fast, and I often get distracted, but I did use approximately one year to finish all eleven books. Now I am on my first re-read, savvy?

So CUBAREY, are you going to spend more time debating me when you are wrong? You see time is of the essence here mate.  ;)

He did actually--or rather he stated that it was the 'pistol version of a shocklance'.
You're right. Took a little searching, but I found the quote.

Q: Was the gizmo used to capture Elayne a shocklance?

A: It was a variation. A shocklance is more like a rifle, and this was more like a pistol.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Jordan_Tour_Report:_Dayton,_OH_Tim_Kington

I'll simply have to rip your argument to shreds.
That'll be a first.

Archived