DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rip Off (of TWoT)?

zanotam

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right board, but I just read the blurb for and saw the trailer for Dragon Age: Origins a game by Bioware and I just find it begets credibility that something can have that many recurring similarities (the terms are even similar!), without at least being a nod to (not exactly a rip off, I mean TWoT plotline in many ways is kinda vaguely generic, but the use of similar terminology and everything...). Any opinions?

To be more specific, the title is Dragon Age, The bad guys come from the blight, the bad guys are called darkspawn, and the good guys have fallen apart and their protectors have been left to rot due to complacency.

Well I played around on the website and I don't really think so.  It's possible that the writers may have been influenced by RJ but after so long making dark fantasy stories words are bound to repeat.  It seems to be based more off AD&D (Dragonlance and such) than anything else but, like I said, after so many ideas have been trown out you can't help but have to pick one or two up yourself.

Archived