DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most Awkward Moments

arkinia

This is for the passages you read and can't help but feel really awkward reading and be very glad you are reading it by yourself and to laugh about that. Here are two I had a great time being made to feel very awkward by.

Egwene is thinking about observing her dreams in Winter's Heart and thinks she should not fall all the way asleep or whatever so she can observe the dreams as they come as oppose to waiting to wake and recall them...

"...She thought it might help decipher what they meant. At least, those that were more than ordinary night fancies. -There were plenty of those, often featuring Gawyn, a tall beautiful man who took her in his arms and danced with her and made love with her. Once, even in her dreams, she had shied away from thoughts of making love with him. She had blushed to think about it awake. That seemed so foolish, now, so childish. She would bond him as her Warder one day, somehow, and she would marry him, and make love to him until he cried for mercy."

I'd imagine that I don't need to explain why this was awkward for a teenage male to read so I'll move on.

Another awkward scene was in the beginning of Knife of Dreams when the Forsaken are meeting in the World of Dreams and while they are waiting for Moridin to show up they are just chatting. Aran'gar goes to speak with Graendal alone...

"...[ARAN'GAR:]'Has it occurred to you that all of the others have alliances, while you and I stand alone?'...[GRAENDAL:]'Has it occurred you that this room must have ears? The zomaran were here when I arrived.' -[ARAN'GAR:]'Graendal.' She purred the name. 'If Moridin is listening, he'll assume I'm trying to get into your bed. He knows I never made alliances with anyone.' ...spots of color appeared on Graendal's creamy cheeks... and her gown faded to near transparency as she spoke, slowly, sounding thoughtful. [GRAENDAL:]'An intriguing notion. One I've never before considered. I might do so now. Perhaps. You will have to ... convince me, though.' ...[ARAN'GAR:]'I am very good at convincing beautiful women.' She stretched out a hand to caress Graendal's cheek."

This was really weird because I was under the assumption that Aran'gar was 100% woman at the time and had no memory of being a man and that none of the Forsaken were aware that she had ever been Osan'gar especially since she even mentions him as a completely separate person and other Forsaken seem to be unaware of certain Forsaken reincarnations so I thought it was a pure woman to woman conversation going on and so I was lead to the thought (in memory of my gay relationships thread): "WOW, COULD IT BEEN ANY MORE FLAGRANT." And meanwhile the whole time he is talking about how amazingly hot these women are.

Please, share your awkward moments!

I always thought it funny to chuckle about all the times the Two Rivers men had to face bathing in public (with women), Perrin walking in on Moiraine, Mat's entire deal with his queen. Sad thing is I probably would have been worse. ;D

I forget what book it was in, but When Lan didn't let Nyn leave their room. She had a hard day, then told him to not let her put on a dress for a week.....

Or something like that :D

the part where Egwene was like 'it's sweet of Rand to put on a brave face' after she tells him that she doesn't love him. Cos i feel really embarrassed for her cos i always think what a little *****. And in general all the moments with Egwene and Elayne horribly misreading a situation like the above stated one mainly because i always feel bad for how obnoxious they are. And this makes absolutely no sense does it?

The part where Rand chased Avi and she froze, it was pretty awkward watching him try to control himself while lying naked with her to keep her warm.  He's like, "Man, her lips look so nice... No!  Uh, trollocs kissing!  Elaida!  Cenn Buie naked!!  Phew!  That was close..."

I'll go with The Great Hunt scenes in Carhien dealing with politics, especially those with Rand before Verin and the rest turn up. Very awkward, real low-light of the series for me.

I am curious as to how it's awkward. Is it because he burned the invitations?

Nyneve is one of my favorite characters, but her behavior on the road to Caemlyn after she first married Lan was very awkward for me to read. I mean the guy is a trained Warder/commander doing his job, and she followed him like a besotted puppy, trying to sneak him to a hayloft at any opportunity.  ::)

Archived