DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A little thing called love Attn Liitha

WhiteWolf

“Good morning Cara Sedai, and how are you today?”

“Good morning Sister, i am doing well thank you. But i have become more than a bit annoyed at having to stay in my rooms so i thought i would take a stroll. It is time i was up and about again as i am sure the world will not wait on me. If you will excuse me i would like to get some fresh air. Good morning to you sister may the Light watch over you.” With that Cara continued her journey, one that she desperately needed to make. Ever since she had awakened, Liitha had been treating her like she was made out of cuendillar. Well she would show her, today Cara was going to make it all the way to the Yards just to show Liitha that was not a precious object to be kept wrapt up and secreted away.

As she left the confines of the Tower, Cara pulled her cloak tightly around herself, the wind that whistled around the corner was cold enough to cut right through to the bone, and Cara had never been known to carry a lot of meat on her bones, and with her recent illness, she had lost what little fat she had. Pulling the wool scarf up around her throat, Cara carefully walked across the courtyard and then across to where Liitha had said she would be conducting a class today.

Entering the Yards, Cara kept herself to the long wall running around the circumference, she did not want to get in any bodies way and ruin a lesson. Walking through the doorway in the wall, Cara stopped suddenly; her gaze was drawn towards the figure standing in the middle of the small yard. Leaning against the wall, slightly out of breath, even if she would not admit it, Cara drank in every detail, marvelling in the litheness of her lover’s body. Clad as Liitha was, there was no curve of her body that Cara could not make out; it was to Cara an intoxicating sight.

Liitha had her back to Cara, but even so knew her Aes Sedai was present, and as quickly as she could, she finished up the lesson and turned to face Cara, a small smile of disapproval on her face. “I did not expect to see you here today Cara Sedai.”

Oh here she goes again with that mothering tone; i suppose i will now get a lecture from her on how i should still be confined to my bed. It has been several days now since i woke up and i am not as weak as a new born lamb.

Linking her arm through Liitha’s Cara enjoyed the feeling of warmth that Liitha’s body offered her. “Stop your scolding my love, i am hungry and in need of some fresh air. I could not stand being cooped up within those walls a moment longer. Now stop scowling at me and let’s go find somewhere to eat, i am famished.” Cara unleashed her smile on Liitha, the one she knew could virtually twist Liitha around her little finger.

Cara Sedai

Brown Ajah

Bonded to Liitha

Liitha was runing laps with the class around the yard, it gave her time to think, while giving the new intiates some valuable training. Her mind was in the tower, Cara was awake again, but so frail, it conserned her how much weight she lost while unconscious, and she was afraid of her catching a cold or something worse to send her back to bed again. She could feel her moving about, but the class was nearing the end and it was time to streach, so she had to stop and focus on instructing the class. Bending over sideways streaching out an arm over her head, shifting side, doubling over to touch her toes, slowly she went through the different streaches. They all were valuable both to streach out the muscles after heavy training, or by repeating and using as training themselves.

By the time class was done and she was giving lectures of the upcoming weeks expected training, outside of other classes, to prepare for her next lesson she could feel Cara being quite near, and knew she was heading her way and would be waiting on her by the time she finished. Between the snow and the sweat she was drenched, she was too hot too feel the cold though, but she was fit and healthy, Cara was not, so she had to bite her tounge not to frown as she turned.

As she listened to Cara and saw her put up her pretty look she rolled her eyes, but she left the rant she had been ready to unleash as soon they had some privacy. At least she argued as long as she was with her she could keep an eye on her and make sure she didnt head off too far, and that she got back safely. Liitha still hadnt forgiven herself for being the cause of her Aes Sedai being beded, and realisticly deep down knew that at times she overcompensated in doing her jobb better as a cause, but some she was quite satisfied with was genuinely needed care to prevent Cara geting worse.

"Very well my Aes Sedai, how does the 'Mouse dancing on the Table' sound?" It was a small alley eating place not very far out of the yard, not too long a walk, descent clientele, and not too noisy, as well as good safe food. "Mayhaps they will have chicken soup" she smiled and winked at Cara, well knowing her love probably was quite fed up with the dish by now.

“That sounds splendid Liitha, and you have no idea how good it is to be out of that bloody room. If you had insisted that i return there immediately, i would have seriously thought about wrapping you up and leaving you here.”  As Cara finished talking, Cara intertwined her arm with Liitha’s, giving it a slight squeeze to show she was not totally serious about her threat. However, it was good to be out, no matter how tiring, and Cara was not going to let Liitha’s obvious concern for her spoil her first day of freedom

“I know you worry about me Liitha and that it is your purpose to protect me, but there are times when that protection can be a bit over bearing. So for the rest of the day, i do not want you to scold me of fret over my well being. Just being outside is all the tonic i need.” Cara fell silent for a moment before continuing, a mischievous smile on her face. “Well that and your company. If you behave yourself i will even take you to that dress maker i told you about. The one who said you had pretty eyes and had just the right material to suit you.” Cara knew full well that Liitha hated dresses with a passion, but that only fuelled her mischievous nature even more, and it was a good way of distracting Liitha from concerns over Cara’s well being. “He said he has just the right colour for you, and,” here Cara looked around making sure there was no one within earshot. “It is in silk, and you just know how much you love the touch of silk.” Liitha’s mouth opened and closed, but no sounds came out, so flummoxed was she at Cara’s words.

“Oh i know my love; the thought of you dressed in silks had me speechless as well. But i know you will just look most divine, so much so that i may just have to ensure you cannot leave our rooms for several days. Do you think i can contrive a way Liitha to have you locked up in our rooms?” Smiling to herself, Cara knew she had given her Gaiden enough to think about that any thought of scolding her for leaving their rooms had been driven from her head.......for now.

“So it is the Mouse dancing on the table for something to eat, and then the dressmakers. Come on Liitha keep up.” Liitha had stopped dead in the street completely unsure if Cara was having a joke at her expense or not, It seemed that Cara more and more wanted to see Liitha in one of those ridiculous dresses that only light skirts wore.  Sighing to herself, Liitha hurried after Cara and when she caught up with her Aes Sedai, she slipped her arm through the one Cara proffered and let Cara drag her along.

Cara Sedai

Brown Ajah

Bonded to Liitha

• 1 month later...

At least they had the meal first, she could worry about the dress later, mayhaps there was some way to distract Cara. She wasnt sure why the brown insisted on dresses and the ones she wanted even, she knew she was of the female kind, but in this she was not taking after her mother, and while Cara looked nice enough if those type of garments, Lii found the thougth not apealing. Of course there also was the factor of them being highly inconvinient and impractical should it come to a fight, unlike Cara she needed her mobility, so as a consequense she made sure to have her clothes fited in ways they couldnt distract or be in the way.

There also was a mather of presentation in that while she didnt boast, she felt no need to loose respect either, she didnt care much of those of full rank in the yard, but seeing as they at times spent some time around the city, and she then spent time helping in the yard, having the respect of the trainees came in handy. Her free hand reached down, her swords was hanging on her sides today rather then on her back, and her tumb traced the line of the sheet which hid the heron on the blade.

The inn apeared infront of her and she let the row of thougth disapear, she made sure they got good seatings by a window so they could look outside, then listened to what was on the menu before ordering Cara's favourite wine, that it surprised her to find was avaliable. "Well good start on the dinner I'd say" she winked at Cara, "lets hope the food is up for the test too"

The tables caried long cloths hanging too the floor so she allowed herself to slip a foot against Cara's and smile inocently. "Its a lovely weather isnt it?"

“Lovely weather Liitha? Are you sure you are not the one who has had a bump on the head? Should i examine you now and see if there are any brains left inside your head, or have you had them knocked out while sparing?” Cara cocked an eyebrow at Liitha. Cara still had her cloak on, although she had taken her gloves and scarf off. However at the mention of the weather she had drawn her cloak more tightly around herself and mentally shuddered. “Oh come on Cara is a beautiful day out there.” Cara put a finger on Liitha’s lips. “It may be a beautiful day for you my love, but i have been kept cooped up in our rooms for the Light knows how long and in case you had not noticed i am thinner than a stick and have not spent most of the morning running around beating up on my trainees.” Cara so wanted to stick her tongue out at Liitha but this was neither the time nor the place.

The conversation continued until their food arrived and then all conversation stopped as they worked their way through the meal. Cara ate more slowly than Liitha, her stomach had not fully recovered and if she ate too quickly or too much she would be sick and at her age throwing up was not that dignified. Laying aside her knife and fork Cara took a small sip of her wine her eyes watching Liitha demolishher food. It was both scary and a welcome sight to see her beloved eat. Scary because Cara wondered if Liitha thought of every meal as her last and had to be approached like a battle to the death. It was also welcoming though, as Cara knew that if ever Liitha went off her food it would be a sure sign there was something seriously wrong with her.

Eventually the meal was finished and a thought occurred to Cara, one that had been nagging away at her for some time. “Do you know what i need Liitha, and i am not talking about what your foot is trying to do under the table either. What i need is to get out of this City, it seems like we have been locked up here for ages and i need to feel. “Cara paused, trying to think of the best way to describe what it was she felt she lacked.”Space that is what I need. These walls are beginning to feel like a prison.” Sighing Cara took another sip of her wine. “Tell me Liitha, do you know where we can go, where we can properly relax and enjoy some peace and quiet?”

Cara Sedai

Brown Ajah

Bonded to Liitha

• 2 weeks later...

Lii twirled the glass between her fingers, she frowned, Cara was so frail, but then again she had proof enough nowhere was safe, not even the tower, not even with her. Feelings of guilt bubbled inside her, she knew it was the ter'angreal who had caused it though, and she was well known in the forests connecting to her cabin, if they trecked further in there would eventually be hills and mountains.

Considering other things that kept worrying her after her conversations with Cara she could see the upside to going on the one side though, should something happen, there was no place you could hide away like in the wilderness, in worst case scenario anyway. She still had doubts though, even in part in herself and her ability to aid Cara should something happen. Then again it wasnt her place to lock the Aes Sedai up, and she knew she could only keep her in the tower for so long, it was her job to protect her as best she could wherever they went. She sighed "we could go out to the cabin, stock up on suplies and treck into the forests, its only wilderness and knowledge of such places can be good in cases where you should need to hide away for some while.." she kept her voice low to make sure no one could hear them, and her glass raised so as to shield her throat as she with another finger drew a line across it to simulate what she was thinking about.

The weather would be a challenge, but on the other hand maybe just as well if they were to train, these things weren't always optimal. "If you are sure you can handle it in this.." her hand motioned towards the window, outside the snow was now falling lazily from the sky again, like feathers flowing through the air, it was beautiful, and slowly covered the city in a thin blanket of white.

The ride through the city had been a bit of a nightmare. The streets narrow or wide were choked with snow drifts, and more snow was falling adding to the chaos. Not even the sight of Cara’s Serpent ring could make things move any faster and it was nearly mid morning before the two women crossed over one of the bridges and started to trot their horses through the outlying villages. Once they had left civilisation behind they alternated trotting and walking their horses. For now their destination was a small Inn a few hours ride from Tar Valon. However that was a few hours ride under normal conditions. With the amount of snowfall last night, a couple of hours could soon turn into five or six. However both women were dressed for the elements, with good wool clothing covered by heavy cloaks. Cara had the hood of her cloak pulled up, but Liitha rode with hers down, her eyes continually scanning the landscape for any sign of threat. Not that it was likely in this weather. Anyone lurking about stood the real threat of frostbite, or worse.

Crossing over a wooden bridge, Cara noticed how sluggish the water looked and mentioned this to Liitha. “It looks like this cold is starting to freeze even the rivers. Are you sure you can manage this cold Cara?”

Cara felt the stab of worry and concern, from Liitha, through their bond. Cara smiled at Liitha to reassure her and allay her concerns. “I am not as weak as you would like me to be Liitha Gaiden.” There were many times when Cara wanted to stick her tongue out at Liitha, and this was one of them. Liitha had a way of making Cara feel like a five year old child who needs constant watching. Well Cara knew how to turn the tables on Liitha and if she continued to worry at her like this she would.

It was just growing dark when they crested a small rise in the road and could see the lights of the Inn in front of them, roughly a mile or so away.  “I hope they have a warm room and a warm bathtub, my back needs washing and i know just the person to do that.” Cara peered out from under her hood and smiled at Liitha. “It is so good to be away from the city and those stuffy rooms.”

“Our rooms are not stuffy Cara.”

“They are Liitha is you had spent as much time in them as i have recently. Now come on, i want my bath, a good meal and then a warm bed with you to cuddle up to.” 

“I think i could find that acceptable Cara Sedai” It was Liitha’s turn to smile at Cara and Cara felt Liitha’s love bloom through their bond, warming her from the inside out.

Cara Sedai

Brown Ajah

Bonded to Liitha

• 3 weeks later...

Lii smiled at Cara, she was glad they were stoping for the evening, they would make headway towards the cabin to stock up on things tomorrow. But riding in the dark in snowdrift would not been good for her Aes Sedai or the horses.

But it would be nice to dig into the snow when they neared the mountains where there would be enough snow to do so, warm and cozy, a smile played over her lips thinking about it. As they arived at the inn she hollered out for the stableboys, allowing them too take the horses after thorough instructions, before taking their lugage inside in the trail of Cara. She allowed Cara to order a room, and said she would take the lugage up if Cara ordered them food.

She inspected the room once opened, and ordered bath water to be fixed, then droped the luggage in a corner, tossed her cloack over a chair and went downstairs to join up with her Aes Sedai.

"So the rooms seem adequate, what are we having for dinner?" she dumped down in a chair oposite of Cara, not too many was out traveling in this weather, and they were close enough to Tar Valon that everyone would know what they were, she expected no trouble.

• 1 month later...

The next morning, after eating a hearty breakfast, Cara and Liitha set off again on their journey; at first they made good progress. The road was well travelled and as a result the snow was not a hindrance. However, around mid morning Liitha had led Cara off the main road, taking a small trail that soon started to wind its way up into the lower slopes of the mountain range.

Cara and Liitha did not talk much now they were off the main road, the beauty of the snow covered landscape seemed to insist on silence, almost as if it could impose its own will not just on the landscape but on those who travelled through it. The silence settled around them like a heavy down blanket, all encompassing, broken only by the breathing of their horses and the rattle of the tack. Even these small sounds seemed out of place in this landscape and Cara had to continually remind herself that they were no more than a day’s ride from Tar Valon and not on some far distance shore.

As the light began to diminish Cara began to wonder if they would reach their destination while it was still light enough to see, but Cara could sense no worry or doubt from her beloved and so was not overly concerned herself, fully trusting in Liitha’s skill to bring them to their destination. Just as the last rays of the weak sun began to disappear behind them, the two women rounded a corner in the trail and emerged into a small clearing. Across from them was a scene that could have been from graced any painting, the cabin nestling securely under the eaves of the over-hanging trees.

Cara turned to face Liitha, a look of unbridled joy on her face. “This is beautiful Liitha; it is exactly the sort of place i would have chosen if i have known about it.” Leaning across her horse, Cara pulled Liitha towards her and kissed her, savouring the coldness of Liitha’s lips. Breaking away from the kiss, Cara again smiled. “Thank you my love, this is wonderful. Now all we need is a roaring fire and some warm food inside us.”

Cara Ramsey.

Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah

Bonded to Liitha.

• 2 months later...

Lii smiled at Cara, jumped down and whistled, she heard a cracking sound as the door was opened, and a boy looked out, he soon was on his way over and she let him take the horses. She was told his mama was in town visiting the family with the younger kids, and he saw too the animals, nodding she grabed their things and headed inside.

She went upstairs, the floor there was all hers, unlocking the door making sure the straw was where she had left it, then holding the door open too Cara. "I'll get some logs and fire up, no bath here I'm afraid and a little too cold to be swiming i think" she winked. Back with the logs she stacked the fireplace and allowed Cara to ignite it instead of strugling with flint and steel, then gathered her love in her arms and nuzled her hair. "Last night indoors.." she nibled an earlobe and turned Cara half around in her arms, looking into her eyes with mischief.."mayhaps a snowbath wouldnt be so bad after all to apriciate it, and make sure you dont have second thougths.."

Lii grinned, picked up Cara and made as she was heading too the door and planing to make real her treaths.

Later that night, long after Liitha had gone to sleep, Cara quietly left their bed and made her way to the door. Silently she opened the door, glancing back at their bed, Cara made sure she had not disturbed Liitha. Leaving the room, Cara made her way down the corridor and turned right before descending the stairs. A small light bobbed above Cara’s head allowing her to make her way across to a large door. Grasping the handle, Cara opened the door and entered the room.

Hours later Cara was still hard at work but was finally seeing some evidence that she had solved the problem that had lead to the problems the last time she had tried to make something to help Liitha, using the One Power.  The last time she had tried this, it had ended up with Cara being rendered unconscious, but this time Cara was certain that she could get it correct.

Just as the first rays of the weak morning sun appeared through the window to her right, Cara knew she had succeeded. She was not totally convinced she had the methodology completely correct, but she was certain the bracelets would do what they were intended to do without any of the side effects that happened last time.

Rising from the chair, Cara felt like she had been there for a month, not just one night. Just then two things happened at the same time: the door opened and a very annoyed Liitha stood there, face set in an expression of resigned annoyance. The second thing that happened was that Cara was taken by surprise at the huge yawn that burst forth at the same time as Liitha opened the door. With a guilty grin on her face, Cara tried to cover up the yawn with her hand. Deciding that the best way to avoid another tongue lashing about not getting her sleep, Cara picked the bracelets up from the table and held them out to Liitha. “This time there will be no problems with these Liitha, i have solved the problems that plagued us last time. This time i know they will work exactly as they are intended.” Suddenly a wave of vertigo clouded Cara’s mind and she had to reach out to the table top to steady herself.

Just as quickly Liitha was by her side holding Cara up and easing her over to the nearest chair. Sensing Liitha’s worry and concern for her Cara smiled up at Liitha, “i am fine my love, just a little bit fatigued after working all night.” Not at all convinced that Cara was fine, but knowing it would do no good to press the issue, Liitha decided that what Cara needed for now was a hot drink and some food.

Cara Ramsey.

Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah

Bonded to Liitha.

• 1 month later...

She made sure Cara was seated before geting food out of the kitchen, they were alone in the cabin this morning. Her eyes couldnt help be drawn to what was on the table when she returned, she was skeptical, not even sure if such a discovery was worth the grief so far caused by it.

She nibled her own food silently as she watched Cara eat, her apetite wasnt the greatest this morning, "we need to go through the cabinets and pick out whats needed, I can do that alone though if you need sleep.." she added the later hoping Cara would agree to take some rest, she was still a little bit conserned how this trip would affect her Aes Sedai so newly recovered, there was nothing like cold and snow to catch one a flu.

"I plan to be out on the track by midday though, best make sure we have enough time to reach the campsite I got planed for tonight, and the days are shorter now in winter.." she left it hanging in the air, she knew where she wanted to go, a small glen in a forest by a hill, there was some turned over rocks there, it would make a nice shelter for a make shift tent.

"..we'll bring a couple of the horses here for stock animals.." she had had too little time to spend of late to even manage her horselines, though she trusted the lady in hire to take good care of her animals, she looked forward to take an overlook though when she went to pick the pack animals.

"..I think that is about all needed so far?" As long as they dressed warm anyway, she would have to make sure of that.

• 5 weeks later...

At first the food Liitha had prepared tasted like ashes to Cara, although this was more the effect of her mouth being dryer than a ten day old fish left out in the sun. Cara, realising this, reached out for the mug of tea Liitha had brought in with their food, and took a few sips. Before she realised she was turning her mug upside down and wondering where the contents had gone. Liitha reached across the table and took the mug from Cara’s hand and refilled it. In the mean time Cara had discovered that the food tasted a lot better now that her mouth was not as dry a barren waste. By the time the plate was clear, and Cara was licking her fingers, Liitha’s face had split into a big smile. This was the first time since the accident that she had seen her Aes Sedai do anything more than just pick at her food.

“So we will need to take some warm clothes with us, or will we be spending out time cuddling up under thick blankets around a roaring fire?”  Liitha’s good mood was infectious and Cara could not keep the smile from her face, to match her lovers. “We will take the correct amount of clothes Cara, no more no less. As for cuddling up around a roaring fire, we will have to see if you deserve that.”

Even though they were not packing for an extended journey it still took them the best part of an hour to get everything ready. Eventually, though, all the preparations were completed and they were ready to depart. Cara waited until Liitha’s back was turned before she yawned, not even trying to cover it up with her hand. “I told you, you should have got some sleep Cara and let me handle all the preparations.”

Liitha’s tone was both stern and respectful, but Cara took no notice of it. “Oh don’t be such an old woman Liitha, it is not like this is the first all night session i have taken part in, and nor will it be the last.” Cara did not want to give Liitha a chance to respond. Cara placed a finger over Liitha’s lips and whispered something in her ear that had Liitha blushing furiously. “And don’t think i do not mean what i have just said my Gaiden.” Winking at her astonished lover, Cara opened the door and stepped outside into the frigid air, pulling the hood of her cloak up as she passed through the doorway.

Lii sighed, and heaved up luggage over her shoulder then walked out after Cara to load onto the packhorses. "Right lets get done and ready to sadle up then" the less hours wasted here, the more they had to travel. Besides on the road they would be alone, no worries of anything coming up that could interupt. "Hey with this nice weather who know, we may even see some grouse, we can check your aim hon" she grined at Cara.

Tucking the last few straps she made sure they were sitting well, then mounted her horse for the trip and fastened the rope of the packhorse to the back of her sadle. She turned and looked at Cara, "you ready?" geting the confirmation she took the lead out towards an old deer track, directing the mare with her feet as she worked on stringing the bows.

• 5 months later...

Despite the slight increase in the temperatures Cara still felt like a block of ice and the tiredness she felt only added to the feeling of cold. However she was determined to not show weakness in front of Liitha, Cara knew that if she did Liitha would only start fussing even more over Cara than she did already. So Cara concentrated on sitting straight and upright in her saddle, and made sure to keep the conversation light so as to show no discomfort.

As they rode along, Lii pointed out different types of birds and animals, sometimes adding comments about their suitability for eating. Even though the ride was not too long or strenuous Cara was grateful when they rode into a small clearing and Lii called a halt for the day. This was obviously the campsite that Liitha had mentioned earlier. Dismounting as elegantly as her aching muscles would allow, Cara stamped her feet on the hard ground, trying to work some circulation back into them. Despite the felt lined boots she wore, and a double pair of woollen socks, her feet felt like two blocks of ice. “So what do you have next on the agenda Lii?”

Lii smiled, then tossed flint at Cara, 'food and fire, i will deal with the first if you do the second one, and no cheating' she quickly outlined what she wanted Cara too do, mentioning some plants that made for good fire starters and others that made for building around those that would burn for a longer time.

She left Cara behind to make the fire and wander off, she had a kettle in her backpack, and if she had it all figured out there should be a stream close by where she could fill it if the water still flowed under the ice. Liitha figured the area was shielded enough, and the stream should be large enough it should indeed still be flowing, and she might even catch fish in it if lucky. She found herself not far off soon enough, and a couple songbirds later, she couldnt chance it all on the fish, not with Cara in recovery, she would need descent food. She used a log to break hole in the ice, and found that indeed it was not frozen too debly, so she got out her line and hook and setled down.

She had another test in mind for Cara this evening, would she stay and feed the fire when Lii didnt imidiatly return, or come to find her. Lii wasnt conserned about what the choice turned out too be as she setled back against an old oak, it was the answer too how Cara had reasoned making her choice that would matter. If she turned up she would ask her what she had thougth about leaving the fire, and if not then they would have a conversation when she came back where she would gain the answers over the bonfire.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Cara unsheathed a small dagger she carried on her belt and started to strip the gathered kindling to help get the fire started. Although it would have been much easier to channel to start a fire, Cara knew that was not the purpose of this exercise. Working swiftly, both to please Liitha and the sooner she finished the sooner they would have some semblance of warmth, Cara soon had a small pile of kindling on the ground in front of her. When she was satisfied that she had enough kindling and enough small branches, which she had stripped off any green shoots, Cara built a small fire, and then took out the flint and stone that Liitha had given her. Trying to get the sparks from the flint to catch was not easy, even though the campsite was well sheltered, small gusts of wind kept on blowing out the sparks.

Eventually, on the verge of giving up, Cara noticed a small plume of smoke and gently blew on the sparks that were responsible. Taking her time, not wanting to blow them out, Cara continued to blow gently on them, and was rewarded with some small flames. Working methodically, Cara added some more kindling to her small fire and continued to do this until she felt she could add larger strips of wood. Although it had seemed to Cara to take far longer than was reasonable to get the fire started, it had not taken as long as she felt it had. Soon she was able to add larger branches to the fire, careful to not let it get out of hand and when she was satisfied that the fire would not go out, Cara moved a short distance away and started to cut more kindling so that there would be a supply of firewood ready for when it needed adding to the fire.

When she was happy with this, she removed a well used pot from their supplies, idly wondering where their kettle was, and filled it with snow. Realising she had nothing to balance the pot on above the fire, Cara thought for a moment on how she could suspend the pot over the fire. The easiest way would have been to use the one power, and for a moment she was very tempted to do this, however she was convinced that Liitha would see this as cheating and so set about making a kind of tripod arrangement that she could position over the fire and then hang the pot from.

Working swiftly, the cold nibbling away at her finger tips, Cara soon had three branches of roughly the same length ready. She positioned them around the fire and then tied the three ends, above the fire, together and then hung the pot from the top. Looking through their supplies Cara soon found some tea and a couple of mugs. She had no idea how long Liitha would be so she got a blanket from her bedroll and laid it out on the ground by the fire. She knew Liitha was not in trouble; she could feel her lover’s emotions through their shared bond and knew her to be at ease. Settling down, Cara waited for the water to boil before making herself a mug of tea. She had to take it black, as they had no milk with them, but she had got a small supply of honey in one of her saddle bags and added some of this to her tea before sipping on the steaming liquid, quite content to wait for Liitha to return. While drinking her tea, Cara did wonder about going to look for Liitha, especially as the day was rapidly disappearing, but Cara knew enough not to leave a fire unattended in the wilderness, and so stayed where she was.

Lii waited well past dark before she started wandering back, after fishing she had gone hounting, and she had a couple fishes and a grouse with her back. The fire was going and there was a pot by the fire, Cara seemed to be well packed in and ready for some sleep soon enough by looks of things. "Food first ..." she smiled and tossed her catch over too Cara, "see what you can get out of those, its an important thing too be able to prepare food properly and clean it, and I am frozen" she setled down crossleged by the fire and held her hands outstreatched towards the fire.

"So while you work how about telling me about the firestarting, and why you wouldnt go venturing out for a travel mate lost in the dark at wintertime."

She rubbed her hands together, and smiled towards Cara, "carefull with the guts, we may want too hang the bird and eat it in a day or two instead"