DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Keille Shaogi

Okay so this has been kinda bugging me for awhile. At the end of tSR Lanfear reveals herself as the fat peddlers wife Keille Shaogi. Then, at the beginning of tFoH, Moiraine is using the darkfriend peddlers to transport loads of angreal sa'angreal etc. I know Rand kept their darkfriend status a secret to protect Asmo, but it seems funny that no one seems to notice how Keille disappeared. Just seems weird that Moiraine would fail to notice it, and still trust them with all the stuff.

Also how did Lanfear know she would get "a gold Tar Valon mark" from Mat in tSR?

Yeah, but then when Mat convinced Rand to trust his luck and flipped the coin it rolled down the hill to Lanfear. Just seemed weird that she said she'd get one from him, then his "luck" made it roll down the hill to her. Could just be me, I'm odd like that.

I'm not 100% sure but i think it might have been isendre who that rolled down to, I'll check and get back to you.

• 3 weeks later...

But why did Moiraine leave all those precious *Angreal to the DF's?

Rand put out the word that the DF wagon drivers could "escape" as long as they didn't steal anything from the wagons.  He replaced the drivers with refuges he gathered.

The cargo is now hidden in an undisclosed location as far as we know.

That has bugged me before. Is there any speculation on the whereabouts?

I take that the items were put into a warehouse in Cairhien (city).

And I take that the warehouse was warded afterward; probably a ward against entering.

Edit: Read those somewhere, but do not remember where.

Moriane knew about Lanfear after going into Ruidean. That's why she changed tactics with Rand. She saw 3 options. 1) Lanfear married Rand and the next time she saw him, he was Lews Terin; option 2) was that Lanfear killed Rand; option 3) was her taking Lanfear into the twisted doorway. The wagons were just convenient, the peddlers wagons were the only ones around to haul the stuff. Moriane probably figured out that the drivers at the time were darkfriends and that's why she watched them so closely. Especially, the one with the twisted door. I don't think she saw Asmo when she went through Ruidean, but figured it afterward, once she learned of Lanfears presence. The letter she left Rand kinda confirms that. Kelly was Lanfear, Isendre was another darkfriend agent, who probably didn't know who Kelly was. Kadere probably didn't know who Kelly was either, until he got his skin taken off.

Where the wagons went is a good question. Wherever they're at, I think Elayne finds them, and somehow uses them. Avi and Egwene were the only ones who knew what they were. But it sounds like Jordan that Elayne will find out about the wagons from Egwene or Avi, and hunt them down. Plus, Elayne is supposed to be given the throne to Carhein, so she will be in the right place at some point.

Where the wagons went is a good question. Wherever they're at, I think Elayne finds them, and somehow uses them. Avi and Egwene were the only ones who knew what they were. But it sounds like Jordan that Elayne will find out about the wagons from Egwene or Avi, and hunt them down. Plus, Elayne is supposed to be given the throne to Carhein, so she will be in the right place at some point.

RJ answered the location of the wagons in his Questions of the Week on Tor.

Week 3 Question: After Moiraine fought Lanfear in Cairhien, what happened to the wagons full of ter'angreal and such that came out of the Aiel Waste? Are they just in some storeroom there? And what happened to Moiraine's horse Aldieb?

Robert Jordan Answers: The ter'angreal and so forth that came from Rhuidean are still in Cairhien for the moment, warded by Rand so they aren't accessible to anyone but him. Aldieb is in the stables at the Sun Palace.

no I think Lanfear posed as Isendre until she had rand where she wanted him then left and let the real Isendre continue on
So she posed as someone already there? When she was already posing as Keille?

• 12 years later...

The forsaken use people, darkfriends or not, it is entirely possible that keille shaogi (lanfear) Hadnan Kadere, and Isendre were the only darkfriends among the peddlers, the book never explicitly mentions any of them but the three, and Kadere ended up killing her because he was worried she would expose the two of them as darkfriends; as to keille being fat, lanfear admitted that no one would look at the short fat woman and equate her with the stunning beauty of Lanfear