DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What WoT Collectibles do you have?

Neemo

I have

-an old Calender (not sure the year?) i think its the first year there was a WoT Calender haha

-the entire CCG set including promos

-BWB

-The WotC Campaign Setting and the Adventure (though in Toronto RJ told me that its bogus and that WotC made up the story for the adventure without his approval)

-All the Books in Hard Cover including TEotW and CoT signed by RJ and Harriet during the CoT tour in toronto

-Legends Hard Cover with NS short story

My prize posession is a signed copy of New Spring in hardback. May not seem much to many on here but it was a great present from my sis, means a lot to me.

Wow, I only have the BWB....nothing signed.  I'm sorta jealous.  Ok, I'm really jealous.  Damn.

I was just thinking of a cool collectible if it existed.....bookends that were in the shape of the miniature statues of the Choedan Kal.  Saaaweeeet.  I'd love to put the series in between those.

Guest dragonsworn1991

I almost won, the prophecies of the dragon on ebay, but someone beat me.

Besides that, I have the calendar, and the computer game.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

My prize posession is a signed copy of New Spring in hardback. May not seem much to many on here but it was a great present from my sis, means a lot to me.

Oh for a signed copy.  :'(

They occasionally turn up on ebay, but normally they're part of a collectors set that'll set you back a grand or so...

-

Did anyone bid on the weapons from RJs collection that they put on ebay?

I considered it, but I'm sure the bidding would have been fierce. Paying $500 for a replica 14th Century Scottish butterknife didn't appeal to me.... at least it didn't at the time.

Paying $500 for a replica 14th Century Scottish butterknife didn't appeal to me.... at least it didn't at the time.
Save you money for a real 14th century Scottish butterknife, that's my advice.

Wow, I only have the BWB....nothing signed.  I'm sorta jealous.  Ok, I'm really jealous.  Damn.

I was just thinking of a cool collectible if it existed.....bookends that were in the shape of the miniature statues of the Choedan Kal.  Saaaweeeet.  I'd love to put the series in between those.

I will be sure to mention this to Tor next time they are asking if I want anything "special" for a convention.

Thinking of Bookends there are other things that come to mind.

The Dragon Fand = The White Teardrop

The White Tower = The Black Tower

A statue of Rand = A statue of Moridin

I think the Choedan Kal would still be the best though.

I will be sure to mention this to Tor next time they are asking if I want anything "special" for a convention.

OMG.  Kath, if you somehow make that happen, I will love you forever.  ;D

I have the ancient Aes Sedai symbol tattoed on my wrist--though i did get it for other reasons than that it was in the books.
...Because you're weird?

OMG. Kath, if you somehow make that happen, I will love you forever.  ;D
Some might say that's a good reason not to do it. Now, could Tor supply a giant statue of me? That would be quite something for a convention.

The 11 books, the BWB, and the 2009 Calendar.

At JordanCon I bought my gorgeous shawl and an Ajah pendant. :)

I was also able to get Harriet, Wilson, and Tom to sign a printed copy of the Forbes.com article about RJ with my name in it.

I have hard back first edition first printings of TDR through KoD plus NS. I have hard back first editions 10th printings of EotW and TGH. I also have first edition first printing Trade paperbacks of EotW and TGH. And I have a first edition first printing book club edition of EotW. And a hard back first edition first printing of Legends. And hard back first edition first printing of the BWB. 3 copies of EotW in paperback, and TGH through PoD in paperback. None of them signed.

I have both the 2001 calendar and the 2009 calendar. I have EotW on CD. I have the Randland map poster that came with the BWB. I have the first 5 New Spring comics. And I have the Locus magazine RJ appeared in when KoD came out. I also have the computer game.

Aside from the books, in hardcover, and the guide, I have a Heron Mark blade made by windlass steel crafts.  It came with some sort of certificate I think . . . I'll have to find that.  Don't know where it was purchased, but it's not a bad piece, really.  Took a good edge anyway. 

*Gathers all into a huge circle*

Now everyone kneel and bow to the great Statue MR ARES!! Wait, Bonzo do not moon the Statue!! ;D

Sorry, Mr Ares, couldn't help myself :)

Sorry? You will be. I don't think the budget stretches to anything beyond shoddy American workmanship. So you shold be very careful, lest you leave yourself vulnerable in the event of the statue collapsing.

I have multiple copies of all the books (cause they keep falling apart) both in hard and paperback. The BWB, the roleplaying game, a printed off copy of the Strike at Shayol Ghul. And a tattoo on my arm of a mountain with a feather floating in front of it with the saying "Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

But Mr Ares for you we would get the greatest silly putty known to man to erect such a statue! :D
Erect statue? I really think mooning is a bad idea in that case. Who knows where bits would end up? It doesn't bear thinking about.

What am I supposed to do with my signature?
Add a line saying that tattoos are for sissies? Go one better and use a razor blade?

What am I supposed to do with my signature?
Add a line saying that tattoos are for sissies? Go one better and use a razor blade?
Mr Ares, you get my vote for funniest/most entertaining person on these forums
And I didn't even have to bribe you!