DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I finally joined

fikkie77

Hi, I call myself Fikkie77 and I visited DM many times the past few years and never joined. Well, now I finally do. I will probably spend most time discussing the books and read whatever's out there about the final 3 books (in fact, I never believed all those loose ends would be dealt with in one book).

As you might have guessed, I was born in 1977. July 31st to be exactly, which makes me 31 yo.

I'm Dutch and untill now I've read WoT in Dutch. I won't wait for the Dutch translation of the 3 AMOL books though. When you read Dutch and start searching on the Web for more information, things are very confusing:

Rand Al'Thor has become Rhand Altor (don't ask me why). Mat became Mart, Perrin Perijn, and so on.

I'm male and have been married to my beautifull wife for 5 years now, we don't have children, just 2 Persian cats.

Hello there fikkie, I'm glad to see that you like the idea of having multiple books, it is a very contraversial opinion amongst many.

Also, being a native english reader I don't know this firsthand, but I do know that many whom have read the translations into various tongues have felt the english version to be far better, so I certainly encourage you to pick up the English ones when they come out.

Welcome to DM Fikkie. I can't imagine waiting for a different translation to come out. You must really love the books.

There is a lot to do here as you will find. Don't let the size intimidate you. I have met some awesome people here and made lots of friends.

Archived