DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Fantomboo

The Great Library

I'm going to look for this one in the library when I go into town next.  Hopefully it'll be there, although my local library doesn't exactly have too much choice in fantasy books.  For some reason, there are loads of science fiction, though.

I started my Feist reread after all.  I'm currently up to Krondor: Tear of the Gods.

Was a great book... I do wish he would get the sequel released soon. I recently read though that he got another draft of it done. A step in the right direction I think.

I am reading The Shadow Risnig book four of the wot By Robert Jordan. And my only complaint is that I waited so long to start reading this great series..

i'm up to book 10 for the first time now. I was reading the Black Jewels trilogy before, it was good, but not to the calaber of RJ. The black jewels is about royalty, overthrowing governments, different relms and magic. it's actually really good i just wish it was longer, and maybe a bit more detailed. it leaves you a little hungry for more when your all done.

The first two were good, it is the fact that I have so many books in my stack to read and it is a little ways down on the stack. I do hope it ends well though.

Doing a spot of spring cleaning revealed an old book of Japanese Fairy Tales (in English, albeit), compiled by Grace James.  Reading through them, and some of them never fail to bring a smile to my face.

After that, I'll likely read Martyr, by Rory Clements - another historical murder mystery, this time set in Elizabethan England.

After that, I'll likely read Martyr, by Rory Clements - another historical murder mystery, this time set in Elizabethan England.

I'm going to look for that in our Library. I love English murder mysteries set in the past.  :)

Well, after enduring WoT, I said that I would never get involved in another series, but... I found Jim Butcher's first book in the Codex Alera series on sale, and... I  couldn't help wondering, since I love his Dresden Files, so... I bought it. And I loved it! So I had to go buy the other five...  ::) :D

Codex Alera is one I've been meaning to read for a while, but my library doesn't have it (they have very little fantasy, in comparison to other genres), but it's on my wish list, so to speak.  I still want to read the latest Dresden Files book, too, although I've heard that there really are quite a few surprises in store for Harry.

Reading Martyr at the moment, although I don't like it as much as the Shardlake series.  It's still pretty good, though.

Ok, back in December I told you guys that I was gonna read "Fallen" a new book I picked up during the Christmas holidays. Well school got started and I got supper busy with classes and homework. Well I made time last week to read. I skipped doing homework (yeah I know, not very responsible) and read "Fallen". My review: It was okay.. not the best not the worst I have ever read, but it was interesting. It was not a waste of money or time. It was a short read and I read it in about two days of what little free time I had between work and family. It is the first of a trilogy of books to come (the next one to be released in September) just about like every thing else out there. WARNING: This is a teen read along the lines of Twilight, but I am not sure that it was quite as engaging as Twilight. In regards to the comparison; you have a sappy love thing going on between a girl and a guy that you soon catch on that he is something a little different. Want to guess what that is..... (here is a hint: he has wings) He is an angel, a fallen angel at that, along with a few other folks. The catch he is actually a good fallen angel... yeah you see where this is going. Anyways I give it 3 stars out of 5

I am reading Kushiel's Dart now

I should have a lot more reviews once school is finished next month.

Finally finished The Last Templar.  I felt kinda let down by the ending. 

At any rate I am on to Angels & Demons, which will be followed by Davinci Code and The Lost Symbol. 

Well, I'm happy to say I was wrong about my library - I found Furies of Calderon, the first book in Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, there yesterday, and I'm speeding through it.  Halfway in already, and it's a great book.  Definitely going to look for the others in the series. :)

Really happy, as I found the 3rd book in the series there, too.  A brilliant series, and I'd happily recommend it. :)

Currently reading Sergei Lukyanenko's The Night Watch.  I've heard a lot about this one, so I'm giving it a go.

Definitely enjoying Angels and Demons..I find the book to be much better than the movie, but having seen the movie is making some of the visuals a bit easier to connect.

*sigh* I have another series to recommend.  The Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold.  Very good.  :)

I guess we'll get nothing but series from now on. And I guess that's ok, as long as the story is there to sustain it, and the author's not just 'filling' it out to make more money. But I still prefer stand alone novels within a specified setting. I detest the way they make the author put explanatory passages in sequels.  ::)

I just discovered an old Sword&Sorcery book Daggerspell by Katharine Kerr. It seems to be a series too, but perhaps not a stictly linear one. Anyone read it already?  Should I look for Darkspell?

Wow, just finished Changes, by Jim Butcher.  I wasn't sure how I would feel at the end, having read a few spoilers before, but I loved it.  Bring on the next (I've heard rumours it's going to be called Ghost Story - looking forward to seeing how that fits in. ;))

Also, Lorei, if you like standalone novels, I recently finished reading The Goddess of Sinister, by Mark Chadbourn.  It's a blend of fantasy and old celtic lore, set in a modern Britain that lost a rather big war with creatures of the fae and suchlike.  It's a self-contained story, although there are a few more titles set in the same world.  It was really quite good, and not a long book, either.

Also, I've been meaning to read the Daggerspell and other books by Katherine Kerr, too - I might give it a try if I see it at the library.

Finished Kushiel's Dart about a week ago. It was a really good book, very intriguing world, lots of politics and some nice fight scenes. I do have to say this; if you are a person who blushes easily or does not like any kind of sexual ideas in a book do not bother reading. There is not a lot of it in the book and the places there are, it is well written and most of it is off screen type stuff. With that being said, you have to remember that the main character in the book is a prostitute and the society does not shun them. Over all a good read and I will be reading the next book in the series as soon as I finish my current reading of "The Windup Girl"

Ok so I know I said I was going to read a different book, but I have not finished it yet. Yeah yeah I know, slacker. Anyways I did read the new Twilight Novella: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. It took all of 2 hours to read LOL. It was ok and for 8 bucks not a complete waste; would have been netter if it was around 4 bucks, but who is counting right? So, if you have been thinking you might want to read it and you have a couple hours to spare pick it up from a friend or a Library, or if you are like me buy it and pass it along to others.

Still reading Davinci Code.  Seem to have so little time for reading.  Should finish uip in the next week, then it's on to The Lost Symbol.

Ok so I know I said I was going to read a different book, but I have not finished it yet. Yeah yeah I know, slacker. Anyways I did read the new Twilight Novella: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. It took all of 2 hours to read LOL. It was ok and for 8 bucks not a complete waste; would have been netter if it was around 4 bucks, but who is counting right? So, if you have been thinking you might want to read it and you have a couple hours to spare pick it up from a friend or a Library, or if you are like me buy it and pass it along to others.

I hesitate to tell you this, but it was available online. But, since you bought it, one of your dollars went to the Red Cross!  So you did a good thing. *hugs* 

Here's a link for any who want to read it free: http://ld-breetannerbook.libredigital.com/index.html

It will only be there until July 5th.

I found a paperback version of Warbreaker! Very good, but like his first, not quite complete. A few threads left hanging, so maybe a sequel?

Oh yeah my wife and I read Warbreaker when it was released. I liked it very much, the whole breath things was pretty cool. I wish I would have known it was on the net. I would have rather read it on my kindle then hold the book. While having a book is nice, sometimes they tend to be big and heavy (not the case with the latest Twilight) the Kindle is light and easy to hold.