DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Fantomboo

The Great Library

Ok so a few new books to add to the shelf, well as ones read anyways.

In the last two weeks I have finished reading one book that took me a little while to read and one that was an easy fun read.

The first the one that took me a while is

Green by Jay Lake  http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Green/Jay-Lake/e/9780765321855/?itm=1&USRI=green+jay+lake This was an ok book. It was really hard to get the story going. The writer is new well sort of, this is like his 4th book. In my opinion though the story was like a roller coaster and ended flat. There was a ton of back story he put into the story that just made for a grueling experience. Also there were so many parts where things just did not fit in, like a few of the sex scenes they just did not fit in where the story was at that point. I have nothing against sex in a book, but these were so random and took away from the story. So I am not recommending this one as a read and it makes me a little leery on picking anything else up from this guy. The sad part is this was a book on the Hugo list.

Alright the second book on the list was much better.

The book is NORSECode http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Norse-Code/Greg-Van-Eekhout/e/9780553592139/?itm=1&usri=norsecode the book was a really good fun read. Nothing to deep or too hard to keep up with and lots of fun. I think what made this book so great was the way the author put in the Norse mythology. The only bad part about this book was the ending and at times the lack of detail in the story. If you like Norse mythology at all you will enjoy this light read.

I really enjoyed The Twilight books. They are not well written, but the story is really good.

I am reading Tarzan by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I have never read Tarzan so it should be fun.

I thought the Tarzan books much better than the movies.  I liked his John Carter Warlord of Mars series too.  :)

*nods*  I agree. The Twilight series is a good story.

I am a huge fan of Burroughs I just never got to read his Tarzan stuff. The Mars series or Barsoom whichever you prefer is in my opinion the best work of his.

I have 100 pages left, on the last Twilight book...  A page turner, for sure! If I didn't have to eat or sleep or use the restroom, I would surely have finished it already! LOL  It is wonderful how she keeps us in suspense if this is a fairy tale or a horror story.

I am slightly baffled at how little reading I got while on vacation this last week and a half.  I only got about 5 chapters into Knife of Dreams.  Still haven't gotten to tGS yet. 

I haven't gotten to tGS yet, either. Mostly, that's because I am too broke to buy it and the library doesn't have it yet.

Oh my goodness this place makes me so happy!

*squeals with glee*

*looks around to make sure nobody saw him*

*squeals a big quieter*

There are so many recommendations! This should keep me occupied for weeks! Months maybe!

Oh, yes, we are the great suggestion place.   ;)

Ok. I need to figure out what to read first when I finish my Christmas reading. Should I invest myself in a series (my wife will kill me if i cram another bookshelf in the house...), or should I work on some isolated works?

So much to read!

*deep, ogier squeal*

Well, as far as multi volume sagas....I have read: 

Wheel of Time(obviously)

Saga of Recluce

Spellsong Cycle

The Left Behind Series

and

The First North Americans series(a sequence of currently 14 books, each written about a different tribe/timeframe of Native American History). 

The last is another suggestion I would make.  The really nice thing about that series, is that not only is it non-sequential, but each book is a standalone tale.  Occasionally there will be a bleed over, usually as a historical legend from one to another. 

Samurai,

If you liked those, I would definitely recommend the Circle series by Ted Dekkar. VERY interesting mix of modern and fantasy, with a really original transition between the two.

I'll have to look into it.  Although there is the possibility I will be occupied with Pratchett for a while.   :D

Once you start with Pratchett, you won't be able to stop! His books NEVER get old!

Finished my book for this week; I just read, well let me first say that I am not trying to push any political views and I am not endorsing or saying what I support this is about a book not a political agenda to start arguments.

Now with that said I just read Sarah Palin's new book Going Rogue. The book was a real page turner and had lost of interesting things through out. It was a real eye opener, for me, about the way politics can work. I do suggest the reading of this book not for political reasons, but I have to say she is an interesting woman. Also after reading the book I want to go to Alaska just to see the things she talked about.

I am reading an easy book next it is new just came out in early December "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. It is another teen book but it looks really good. Though it may press more towards chick lit, I have not even read a single page yet so I will let you guys know in a few days with a review.

LOL a little. It was about her political career for a good bit of the book but there were lots of interesting thing in there about her and her family and Alaska. If you like reading about people it is interesting.

Just finished "Rides a Dread Legion" by Raymond E. Feist. I have always loved the on going series he is writing, however, this one seemed to drag a bit. I am excited about the demon threat coming to Midkemia. That could be interesting...

Oh, and last night I read the end of The Orc King by R.A. Salvatore, and it was pretty decent. The series as a whole is starting to get repetetive, but still a good read.

Not sure what's next... I got this handy list I've started, mainly from these boards (thanks guys!)and I think the next one will maybe be the Mistborn series, or the Farseer series. Not sure yet...

Picked up Mistborn this past week. Haven't been able to touch it much, because Stats homework is absolutely KILLING me. But... First several chapters: AWESOME. Please tell me it stays this exciting!

Mistborn starts great and gets greater. I highly recomend all of BS's adult novels. Elantris and Warbreaker are also awesome.