DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The measurements of all female characters

jsbrads

Every time a female leading character has to hastily wear someone elses dress it is always tight in the chest and loose around the hips...? Are they all models too, besides for being the most powerful teenagers (Elayne and Egwene) in history.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with RAW but then again if you think about it, Elayne and Egwene's bosoms are both smaller than Nynaeve's and Nynaeve is shorter than the other two I think. All of them are rrather bouxom ladies I imagine. I also imagine the men to be strapping and not a one of them have a blemish or a white head or anything of the sort and never have. I only reall one part of the book where ONE person had acne and it disappeared quickly. I wish life were a fantasy if thats true.

Banner-General Furek Karde(?) remarked that Mat wasn't a great beauty but he did look awfully fit.

Moraine told Perrin he was a good looking guy.

And before Rand gained his Dragon Reborn seriousness every young women he met thought he was the hottest thing to walk the earth.

The only bad looking "hero" among the men is Lan.  But women can't stay away from him either.

when has it ever been said that he is bad looking?!

i've seen him described as a tall man with a face of stone and hard angles, but never ugly

That doesn't sound ugly to you?

I don't think Lan is ugly, but his hard face and cold eyes make him unapproachable by most.

Did you also notice that even though some of the secondary mainlanders are sometimes described as being unattractive, there are virtually no bad looking Atha'an Miere or Aiel (other than Sorelia I guess)? The Atha'an Miere are all exotic beauties, and the Aiel are are tall, incredibly fit and have gorgeous eyes.

Well we do have the trollocs  ::)

On a more serious matter though, why is it so strange that all the main characters are pretty? If homosexuality is accepted in the series, then why shouldn't they be pretty at the same time. It's two flies in one smack :P

I always attributed this to the idea that the denizens of Randland don't have ridiculous modern ideas about beauty.  Modern culture is extremely judgmental if someone doesn't fall into the fashion industry's "beautiful" stereotype.  Maybe the wondergirls aren't as stunning as it seems.  It's just that they are judged with more realistic standards.

On this note, does anyone notice that Mat likes his women a bit plump?  It's funny because he is so skinny himself, and because he ends up with Tuon.

On this note, does anyone notice that Mat likes his women a bit plump?  It's funny because he is so skinny himself, and because he ends up with Tuon.

Ha :D I did notice that. Don't forget people main characters like Tuon aren't the prettiest girls around. At least for me, being extremely short, skinny, and bald isn't my type. Although she is starting to grow some hair, but will probably shave it again when she gets back to her people. 

when has it ever been said that he is bad looking?!

i've seen him described as a tall man with a face of stone and hard angles, but never ugly

In NS his first lover said "Every year you get uglier" or something like that.  Same thing in CoS when those AS were trying to convince Egwene that Lan doesn't love Nyneave.

I believe if you yank out baby teeth as soon as they become loose the premenant teeth will grow in straight.  So maybe that's why they aren't all snaggly.  Of course maybe they have braces in Randland but nobody talks about it.

I wonder if everybody still have their wisdom teeth?  Well, Elayne and Egwene wouldn't because they aren't old enough yet.

I believe if you yank out baby teeth as soon as they become loose the premenant teeth will grow in straight.  So maybe that's why they aren't all snaggly.  Of course maybe they have braces in Randland but nobody talks about it.

I wonder if everybody still have their wisdom teeth?  Well, Elayne and Egwene wouldn't because they aren't old enough yet.

Not necessarily. My wisdom teeth came in when I was about 13. A few years later, my orthodontist did a double take and expressed surprise that I already had them. Until then I hadn't realized the odd sensation I'd had for a few weeks in junior high had been teething.

All the ones that are described are pearly white and even.

Because it is fantasy.

I don't know I think Uno's is probably got a nasty set of chompers to go with that missing eye of his. Actually are the teeth ever described?

I wonder if everybody still have their wisdom teeth?

Maybe they never had wisdom teeth.  Like me, they saved their wisdom for their brain.  I'm curious if anyone else doesn't have wisdom teeth?  Everyone else I know has/had them, but I never did.

Lol I take it you had wisdom teeth Mr Ares?  Do you regret your extra teeth?  I'm proud of my mutation, which turns out to be not very rare - 35% according to this article titled "Are people without wisdom teeth more highly evolved?"

<http://health.howstuffworks.com/no-wisdom-teeth1.htm>

We might not be more highly evolved, but that won't stop me from acting superior with my exquisite rows of even teeth, unblemished by jostling latecomers.

About dental hygiene in Randland, here is a Medieval recipe for toothpaste I found:

To make teeth white.

Take a saucer of strong vinegar, and two spoonsful of the powder of roche alume, a spoonful of white salt, and a spoonful of honey: seethe all these till it be as thin as water, then put it into a close vial and keep it, and when occasion serves wash your teeth therewith, with a rough cloth, and rub them soundly, but not to bleed.

That sounds similar to what the Randlanders are doing.

Archived