DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World of dreams cheats?

Kepen heal

What if you were to bring someone to the world of dreams, could they do anything and then take it back out.

So like Rand's hand, couldn't he go to Tel'aran'rhiod, couldnt he just think his hand back, then step out with his hand back. Could cause much trouble, but also be a big help.

Also if they could do this, what would happen if you came into the Tel and someone else like a Wise One was there, you grabbed them and took them through a gateway to the real world? Would it split their minds? Kill them?

I don't think you can bring anything in the world of dreams into the real world. I think it was addressed in a roundabout way when Egwene rode a dream Bela to Salidar. She had to leave the dream Bela behind.

For Rand I really don't think that would work. Think of it as the Matrix, you could go to Tel and picture yourself with a hand, but that doesn't make the matter of your living body suddenly gain a hand, just a Neo can't go to the Matrix and suddenly have hair in the real world. And if you're talking about him going to Tel in the flesh, I still don't think that would happen. I don't think he could minipulate his body like that in the flesh.

As for takeing someone's subconcious out of a gateway from Tel, that would probably screw them up. It may kill them, I don't know. I doubt the consequinces would be good though.

Guest Winespring Brother

Egwene shows how that tel'aran'rhiod thing wouldn't work, because she enters in the flesh to travel to Salidar, and makes her bruises go away, yet they reappear as soon as she steps out of the gateway to the real world.

Well why not. I think that Egwene put the brusis back before she left tel, cause if u remember she wanted to keep them as a reminder. And about Bela, she never really tried to bring her out. She just thought she couldnt so she didnt try.

Another thing. Wouldnt it explain Trollocs and shadowspan. How they were created. Arignor or what ever his name was created them, but never stated how. Also this could be why the wise ones think going in the flesh evil. Shadowspan, srewing up peoples minds. It would explain alot!!!!

Quote from LoC, when Egwene had just ridden dream Bela to Salidar:

"I wish I could take you with me." A useless fancy, of course. What was made in Tel'aran'rhiod could exist only there. This was not really Bela, after all.
And her bruises returned as soon as she stepped out of T'a'r. She had not put them back herself. It's on pages 656-657.

I don't think you can bring anything in the world of dreams into the real world. I think it was addressed in a roundabout way when Egwene rode a dream Bela to Salidar. She had to leave the dream Bela behind.

A better display for this same event would be that she was beaten by the Aiel before she entered, she thought her injuries away and when she exited they came back.

Birgitte was a soul in T'a'r waiting to be reborn. She did not have a body in the real world. You can't compare her situation to Rand getting his hand back or Egwene getting rid of her bruises.

Why not?

Soul or not, she was a component within Tel aran rhiod that came out into the real world in a physical form.

Here's a question. Does the soul have a physical form or is it just a representation of the soul from TAR? In that case, something fashioned in TAR had been ripped out of TAR and placed in the world as a physical incarnation.

That's actually rather significant.

Actually Birgitte seemed to be very different. She didn't have any form of control over TAR, nothing like the girls had. In fact she seemed to be more of a person physically in TAR then a dreamer or a part of TAR. In any case the rules surounding her dont seem to be directly a thing of TAR, but of the prescripts which may have directly allowed Moghedian to do that in punishment of Birgittes transgressions.

Soul or not, she was a component within Tel aran rhiod that came out into the real world in a physical form.

Birgitte wasn't just fashioned or imagined into existence in T'a'r, as dream Bela was, or as Rand's theoretical new hand would be. Her soul already existed there and could move about there.

Here's the way I see it: when a living person enters T'a'r in a dream, anything they imagine there exists only in the minds of other living people who have dreamed themselves into T'a'r. Those things don't actually exist there all the time, like Birgitte's soul did. Birgitte's soul is real. The imagined things are not.

As for when people enter in the flesh, well...we have already seen with Egwene's example that imagined healing will not remain once you have left T'a'r. If Egwene couldn't bring out an unbruised bottom, then I don't see how Rand could bring out a new hand.

Archived