DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

food in randland

Personally, I've never been very fond of eating foot.  :P

Some of the things have made me drool a bit, though: honey cakes, spit roasts, that fancy food Elayne made, etc. Just a bit about the no coffee (or kaf).

I've never thought about food from Randland. I wouldn't want to think about it because it would make me want to eat what I was thinking of and then I would realize that such food doesn't exist and then I would be sad.

/end rant

My favourite fantasy about Randland food is that it tastes the way our food smells. Have you noticed that some things just don't taste quite as good as they smell? Take coffee - it's awesome, but the smell is pure heaven. And Vanilla essence ... man, now there's a smell to make you salivate! But have you ever tasted pure vanilla essence? Eew.

I assume it's tequila, Robb

No. Tequila is made from the agave plant. Oosquai is made from corn (zemai= anagram for maize). I imagine it's something closer to corn whiskey, or moonshine.

There is a cubed pork dish in tGH I think it is that sounds delicious.  A clear tangy sauce, the pork is crispy and juicy, it has red and yellow peppers...yes please.

Wasn't that the dish he ate with the Aiel? Oh that made my tummy rumble when I read that  :D

I was referring to the dish they had in Cairhien in tGH.

It sounded like stir fried pork.  If you really want it so bad go to your nearest Chinese takout place and I'm sure they have something like that.

I never got worked up over the food served becasue with a little thought I could figure out what they were eating in "real life."

No. Tequila is made from the agave plant. Oosquai is made from corn (zemai= anagram for maize). I imagine it's something closer to corn whiskey, or moonshine.

i always thought it was made from cactus juice for some reason.

i'm sure something is made of cactus

There is a cubed pork dish in tGH I think it is that sounds delicious.  A clear tangy sauce, the pork is crispy and juicy, it has red and yellow peppers...yes please.

Wasn't that the dish he ate with the Aiel? Oh that made my tummy rumble when I read that  :D

Eww, pork!

The food discussion brings up an interesting point. Everything, even tea leaves seem to be spoiling at an alarming rate, so it appears they won't have much to eat in Randland pretty soon (no more honeycakes). Even if the Dark One is defeated, how will the remaining people survive with no food?

So did I.

So did I.

I Always thought that Oosquai was Mezcal, those mexican spirits made of agave (but not exacly Tequila)... Mezcal is more rustic, with an artesanal process, and poorly destilated. ^^ Some bottles come with a dead vermin inside... that just seen so Aiel to me!!!!

• 4 years later...