DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Tam

kamros

Tam: Hello Rand

Rand: WTF man, 18 years you wouldn't tell me that i was the freakin dragon reborn. like really, i had to find out i was adopted by listening to your incoherent rambling while i was dragging your sorry behind 5 miles to Emonds field. no wonder i'm so messed up.

would be pretty amusing =D

I think the reference to him talking about Tam's incoherent ramblings might have happened more towards the beginning of the series. But since Rand has learned about his Aiel heritage and Tigraine, I would think that even if Tam had told him more, that Tam couldn't have given him much more info. other than to say "We found you on a mountain, screaming like a banshee."

I would like for them to meet by Perrin and his group joining Rand and Rand seeing his father in a officer's capacity in Perrin's army. Rand sitting down and hearing how Tam through Perrin helped save Emond's Field and later destroying the Shaido. Then Tam being able to hear Rand's story. Then Rand going over tactics with his father there to voice his opinion with suggestions or approval. That would be cool.

First post, so please be gentle.

I have always thought of Tam as an enigma. He is intelligent and learned enough to know the Karatheon Cycle. Tam had to have some idea that Rand was the Dragon Reborn. He fought the Aiel, becoming a blademaster. So Tam knows what they look like. He rose in ranks in the Illian Army. Seen the world, so to speak. As Rand grew the resemblance to his Aiel heritage had to be known to Tam. Likewise, where Tam found the child Rand, should be a dead give away. And why was Tam chosen to nuture the child Dragon? I truly hope this is a bigger plot line that is developed somewhere in the final three volumes.

I do believe they will meet again, and the truth of Tam's knowledge about Rand is revealed.

Haven't read all the extra stuff around the net, just have read the books a few too many times. I'm likely all wet, or this has already been answered somewhere, apologize if it has.

hello all

i read these forums alot but never posted so here go's

i see rand meeting tam as if not the first step but one of the steps needed to regain his humanity along with seeing his children being born and the return of Moiraine.

i aslways had this sence of rand meeting his father and

tam saying "perrin said your the dragon reborn"

rand "yes"

tam "oh well the stew will be cooked soon go wash up"

and then they have the meal that was meesed up by the trolloc is book 1 thought that would be a nice way for tam and rand to see each other as just a father and his son

Tam is one of the few characters that isnt really influenced by anothers position or power so I could see him slapping rand in the back of the head and saying something like "what the hell do you think your doin boy, you shouldnt go around invadin places"

Tam is one of the few characters that isnt really influenced by anothers position or power so I could see him slapping rand in the back of the head and saying something like "what the hell do you think your doin boy, you shouldnt go around invadin places"

lol would be pretty funny, but tam's been the head of the companions so he knows that sometimes you just need to go in and take action. and it would be pretty cool if they finished having that dinner. it would kind of bring the series back to its beginnings in a roundabout way.

I could see this happening:

"So, Father, hows the farm?"

"House was burned down by Paldan Fain, hadn't had the oppertunity to rebuild afterwards, been busy helping Perrin run the Two Rivers."

"So how do you earn income?"

"Lord Perrin pays me what he can and I help Abell out on his farm, but you know with these times and all."

"Well, House al'Thor is now the ruling house of Illian.  And your a lord by default for being a member of that household.  So if you want an estate or five in Illian, let me know.  I could probally get you estates in Tear and Cairahien also."

Archived