DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE]Wolverine - Spoilers

Majsju

As said in the thread title, here be Spoilers

Ok, everyone who does not want spoilers gone? Ok, ets get to the movie ;D

I have a bit of a hard time making up my mind about this movie. They have taken some shortcuts with the script that, while they work, distract a bit, at least if you are familiar with the comic book mythology.

As an action movie, it works nicely. It is fast-paced, with some really nice fighting scenes. Gambits encounter with Logan is awesome. Not so impressed by the final showdown though, with Weapon XI (Deadpool). Giving him all those abilities was a bit much.

A fight that is absolutely hilarious is Logan boxing against The Blob (whom Logan accidently named)

I am a bit disappointed with Gambit. If they go through the troubles of fitting him into the movie, they should give him a bit more to do. And I am not a fan of the casting, Gambit should have his accent, without that, it was more of a guy with Gambits abilities, a light-version of his cockiness, without actually being Gambit. Kinda like painting Blob green and claiming it is the Hulk.

Silver Fox being Emma Frosts sister was a bit hard to swallow. And young Scott Summers transformation from annoying brat to hero-in-training from one scene to the other...Meh.

Nice little cameo by Professor X though.

Not so happy about the whole "If I shoot Wolverine in the head with my adamantium bullets, he will totally lose his memory". I think that plothole might be my biggest problem with the movie.

Anyhoo, 3/5.

• Community Administrator

Well that plot hole works though. Well, aside from the adamantium bullets being able to penetrate the adimantium skull... The actual bullet 'richotteting' in the brain would cause even wolverine brain damage. ;) (why didn't he just shoot him in the eye or something? Isn't that like, easy access? Or the mouth...)

The guy that was deadpool, before he became deadpool. They picked the perfect guy. i mean, he can't shut up! ;)

As for the movie, I pretty much agree with the ranking. It wasn't awesome but it wasn't horrible either.

One of my biggest problems with it though was actually the special effects.

There were parts in the movie it was like 'how much did they pay for this?' cause quite simply, some of it was subpar, and they botched some edditing in the movie.

I had a problem with the special effects looking fake.  Also, it was obvious they weren't in Canada.

Gambit was awesome, I just wished he had had a bigger role since he is such a BA

The movie strayed extremely far from the original characters in the comics, but that couldn't be helped.  The scene where Gambit stands on a fire escape and wolverine chops the ladder with extreme speed was unbelievably ridiculous.

I agree.  3/5

One thing that was wrong with how they strayed from the script was they never explained why he started to call himself Logan.  It wasn't like he forgot his real named because Victor kept calling him Jimmy.

Deadpool was a bit to surper charged but the scene after the credits was great.

I saw that Quicksilver was one of the prisoners but I wished we saw more of him at the end.

But ya, 3/5

It would have been nice to see more Wade Wilson in the movie, but I do have to say that, based on the bit at the end of the credits, they managed to find Deadpool, even if they took a serious wrong turn to get there.  Here's hoping he gets his own movie.

There were definitely times where the visuals did not live up to a big-budget film's standards, though I have to say that I like the pre-adamantium claw effect on Wolverine.  My biggest problem with the whole movie, though, was the story.  It didn't feel like it flowed very well, and was instead just used to get from fight to fight.  However, based on some of the awesomeness of the fights, I can forgive that.

One thing that was wrong with how they strayed from the script was they never explained why he started to call himself Logan.  It wasn't like he forgot his real named because Victor kept calling him Jimmy.

Deadpool was a bit to surper charged but the scene after the credits was great.

I saw that Quicksilver was one of the prisoners but I wished we saw more of him at the end.

But ya, 3/5

Wait, are you talking about that bit like 30 seconds into the trailer where stryker gets arrested? Or is there a scene ALL the way at the end? And if so, TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!

Overall the movie was a bit cheesy, but at least it wasn't the utter vomit that x-men 3 was.

I too had some problems with continuity--and not just from comic to movie. For instance them arresting stryker as if it were some form of satisfying ending given we know he's still out and active in x-men two. I mean they twisted everything fitted with the other movies, yet here they got all sentimental. Stryker should have walked away free. Pretending he got his just deserts is just plain pathetic.

I did enjoy the small cameos... Emma Frost, Quicksilver (if that was Paedro), Professor X. And I loved Wade before he become Deadpool--though the makeup they used to make him deadpool was just plain chilling.

But, was i the only one troubled with the effort they went to to get Wolverine to get the adamantium grafts and the suddeness to which Stryker turned on him? Stryker literally drove Wolverine to defeating him.

When you pull in a global haul of $160 million on your first weekend, you can bet your ass a sequel is in the works.

Variety reports that Seed Productions, Jackman and John Palermo's production company, is already in development on a sequel to " X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

The story this time will squarely focus on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series that Jackman has cited as his favourite.

Seed Productions has also acquired Matt Lieberman's spec "Personal Security" with Jackman starring as a tough New York police detective forced into bodyguard duty for a spoiled teen heiress who is receiving kidnapping threats.

Jackman is looking to star in an adaptation of James Sallis' novel "Drive" about a loner who drives both race cars and getaway cars in Los Angeles.

Finally the remake of the classic Rodgers & Hammerstein musical "Carousel" has been pushed forward at Fox 2000 thanks to David Magee's script. Jackman will play Billy Bigelow.

The scene at the end of the credits:

The rubble of the nuclear silo is bathed in a reddish light, and the camera pulls in towards a hand sticking out of the rubble.  The hand moves, inching its way towards Weapon XI's severed head.  As the hand reaches it, the eyes open and turn to face the camera.  Then Deadpool says, "Shh!"  (Yes, I make a distinction between Weapon XI and Deadpool.  He isn't Deadpool until he acknowledges the audience.)

The scene at the end of the credits:

The rubble of the nuclear silo is bathed in a reddish light, and the camera pulls in towards a hand sticking out of the rubble.  The hand moves, inching its way towards Weapon XI's severed head.  As the hand reaches it, the eyes open and turn to face the camera.  Then Deadpool says, "Shh!"  (Yes, I make a distinction between Weapon XI and Deadpool.  He isn't Deadpool until he acknowledges the audience.)

niice.

I heard the next origins movie is going to be

X-Men Origins: Deadpool.

So, know any place that has that 'ending' uploaded to? I really don't want to spend another $8.50 to see that. ;)

I'm saving that $8.50 for startrek dammit!

A Deadpool movie?  Sweet, is insanity makes him funnier then Spider-man and if they remember to have him "break the fourth wall," like they implied at the end, that would just be the cherry.

I do hope he "loses" most of those powers.  In the comics he only has the healing factor.

BTW: How was he able to have swords like Wolverine has claws?  Wolverine keeps his claws along his forearm, they aren't any longer, so he is able to bend his elbows and wrists.  But Deadpool's swords would keep him from bending his arms and hands, not to mention they way they would impede on his swordsman skills by being attached to his hands.

Actually, throughout Deadpool's career, he's had access to teleportation technology.  Likewise, his swords in the comics are adamantium-bladed.  The possible explanation there is that he removes the blades himself and mounts them to a set of hilts.  As for the rest, well... I can't earn myself a No-Prize on those discrepancies.

Actually, throughout Deadpool's career, he's had access to teleportation technology.  Likewise, his swords in the comics are adamantium-bladed.  The possible explanation there is that he removes the blades himself and mounts them to a set of hilts.  As for the rest, well... I can't earn myself a No-Prize on those discrepancies.

He had access, yes, but he didn't have a power like Nightcrawler does.

I was absolutely LIVID about the Non-Cajun Gambit... *sniffles* Gambit-lite, indeed. He was my favourite character, even though he wasn't introduced until the 90's and was technically a Minor character. Granted the fight scene was pretty cool.

And yeah, Emma Frost being Silver Fox's sister was REALLY out there, especially since Silver Fox is supposed to be old like Logan, running around like cowboys and indians.

I <3 Ryan Reynolds, he was awesome as Wade, but they do need to fix the issues with his super-duper powers.

But the movie in general was better than Last Stand. *mutters about killing prof. X to give storm more screen time and making Phoenix a multiple personality instead of the goddess that she was*

3/5

Well, they could use Deadpools temporary headlessness as an explanation to way a bunch of his powers goes poof for the spin-off. Or that with Stryker on vacation, he is stripped of all powers except the regeneration.

I do not care how they do it, as long as they do it ;D

Ragh, I'm disappointed in this, to be honest. :( I wanted it to be so much more than what it was, but alas.

The story I found didn't flow as well as it should, and I couldn't find it in me to care for the female love interest (whose name I've already forgotten... *growl*). And the poor cgi really took me out of it (farm bathroom scene? oh god, no). Sure it had some decent action, but still. It didn't do it for me

4/10 (2/5? : p)

Archived