DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Idle thoughts, and a new ambition (Attn: MoN)

Guest dragonsworn1991

Guest dragonsworn1991

Upon arrival to the city of Tar Valon, Devrion failed to notice one of the most majestic cities in the world. She kept her eyes on the monolith of the White Tower. "Soon, I will be able to strike a blow for the shadow. That thought ran in a circuit, maliciously through Devrion's head.

Walking into the tower, Devrion noticed the sisters gliding down the hall and talking, they seemed so at ease and they wore an air of dignity, just as easy as they wore there serenity. Anticipation began worming around in Devrion's middle as she waited to start her new life. The sisters that were leading her brought her through the tower, where the floor tiles went in alternating patterns, from red, to green, to yellow, to blue, to white, to gray, and to brown. The patterns and colors mixed and mingled and anyone taking the time to notice, could tell a lot of time and planning went into the layout. To bad Devrion was going to help in its destruction. She almost regretted it...almost. They finally reached a door, it seemed ordinary, just another brown door, then the sisters knocked, and a resounding voice bellowed from with in, "Come in."

Devrion heard the voice from behind the door, and felt in a little awe. The journey from Arafel to Tar Valon settled into her. It wasn't a particularly arduous journey, yet it was a journey of extreme significance, yesterday she was an ordinary friend of the dark, and today she started her climb that would put her above all of the common friends of the dark.

After hearing a knock on the door for what seemed to be the umpteenth time that morning, Larindrha found herself raising her voice rather more that she intended. She shifted the shawl on her shoulders in a rare show of irritation. Really Larindrha, you ought to be used at being disturbed at all hours by now! She berated herself whilst maintaining an expressionless face. An Aes Sedai walked in followed by a young woman who appeared to be a little in awe.

"Yes?" Larindrha asked the Sister.

The Sister practically smirked, obviously amused at Larindrha's short temper. "This is Devrion, she is here to enrol as a Novice. She has already been tested and can learn to Channel." With a nod and a bare scrape of a curtsey, the Sister left, leaving Larindrha glowering at her back.

Snapping back to herself, Larindrha smiled at the young woman and indicated for her to take a seat.

"Well child, lets get you entered into the book." Larindrha said as she pulled the tome towards her. "Full name, age and address please and tell me whether you arrived here on your own. I also need to know the name of the Sister that tested you." she asked, quill poised over the book and studying the child before her.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Devrion began to answer the woman's questions in a bitting  voice. Lets see how far these people can be pushed. Devrion thought to herself. "My name is Devrion Olgeer, I am from the streets of Shol Arbela. Unfortunate times, and harsh coincidences lead me to my current circumstances. I am currently sixteen and I was brought hear by a sister. I think she said her name was Alyse or Aliciatus. I can't quit remember." Devrion watched the woman's features begin to twitch. She had either really unnerved her, or angered her, by her lack of respect. Either way it didn't matter, because Devrion would bring the towers to its knees. She laughed on the inside, at the thought.

Devrion got up and stood from her seat. If the woman wasn't going to dismiss her, Devrion was just going to walk out. She stood back turned, smoothing her skirts, and then the other woman spoke extremely sternly to sit down. Doing as the woman commanded, Devrion thought. Let the games begin. She began to plan out what she would do, and what she would say to test the limits, and find out what, and who she could influence, for the sake of the shadow. Yet this place seemed so far to be easier than expected. With the sisters noses in to air they would not be able to see what was happening right in front of them. Devrion's inner laughing grew at that thought.

Larindrha wrote down the details into the book and sighed inwardly at the amount of girls that forgot the name of their testing Aes Sedai. The child's biting tone did not pass her by either, nor her standing and going to leave.

With a sharp tone Larindrha commanded the child to sit until she was dismissed. "You will also speak with more respect and humility, child, or else you will see this office far more than you would like, believe me. We've had everyone from Queens to paupers here and all learn to speak to Aes Sedai with the respect due and I expect you to be no different." She carefully blotted the ink and shut the book and raised her eyes to the child to see the effect her words had on her.

Honestly! What are they teaching children these days? She thought privately to herself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dragonsworn1991

Devrion looked at the woman siting behind the desk. Her outburst cast her in a new light, she seemed to get irked by just the slightest wayward action or word. The woman seemed insecure in her power, Devrion filed the little bit of information away in her brain and said, "Of course I will learn the rules. My only dream is to be part of the White Tower.",albeit the comment was dripping with sarcasm.

This pompous woman thought she knew Devrion. I bet she hasn't spent one night out on the streets, or to know what it's like to have to scavenge for food. Devrion gave a toothy smile to the aes sedai, but the smile never reached her eyes. Devrion continued to pry at the other woman, trying to provoke a outburst from her. Devrion wanted to see just how much leeway she had at the White Tower. She planned on running things, in the shadow soon, very soon. Devrion lounged back on the crude, rather uncomfortable chair, waiting for the impending outburst she knew the woman was about to give. If her face was any indication it seemed like she was about to enter into a rather extreme tirade.

With anticipation making Devrion’s skin itch she eagerly awaited this meeting to be over, so she could see to her rooms, and also to start planning on a large scale. Just what would life be like, without manipulation, and maliciousness, what would people do for fun? Devrion continued to muse upon other idle thoughts but she kept her mind steady on her grand scheme. As long as she had the shadow backing her, she would always win.

• 4 weeks later...

Larindhra did not miss the sarcasm dripping from the child's voice and, rather than launch into the tirade she was about to, she dealt with it then and there. Embracing Saidar she wove a small thread of Air and smacked the girl with it, hard.

"You will not be warned again, child. Now unless you particularly want to taste soap for the rest of the day you will keep a civil tongue in your head. Do I make myself clear?" She asked biting each word off succinctly. She held the girl's gaze until she was satisfied the message was received and understood.

"Now you have been entered into the books, you are required to wear Novice Whites. Go into that small anteroom and find a novice tunic that fits, change into it and return here. When you return I will appoint you a mentor to help with your studies." She watched the child move, sulkily it seemed and returned her attention to the book to see who she could assign the child to. Finding a name she deemed suitable, she wrote Devrion's name next to the entry and awaited the child's return.

Guest dragonsworn1991

This woman must be severely insecure Devrion thought to herself. The over reaction to Devrion's pushing and prodding proved that. A sharp what felt like a slap hit Devrion on the jaw. Instead of shirking back Devrion held her ground and her tongue. Devrion was all for pushing limits and testing boundries but beatings and senseless ones at that were not what she was looking for.

Devrion followed the woman's instructions and went to the other room to change. She looked with dread onto the garments, Why white? Of all the colors why white? Devrion hated the color white because it represented purity, and most of all the creator. Purity would not be a word anyone would apply to Devrion, that is anyone that new her.

The first dress fit Devrion's height perfectly, but not her slim waist. Another dress was entirely to small in all aspects. Eventually she found a dress that fit her perfectly. Devrion hated the dress with a bitter passion, but there was nothing to do for it now. Whenever she became aes sedai, she would wear what she wanted, and it would not have a sliver of white on it.

Devrion walked back into the room, garbed in the accursed white. She sat down in the seat she previously vacated and waited on the woman to give her the name of her mentor. As she sat in the chair she looked directly at the woman sitting before, half way expecting another outburst.