DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your One Favorite Mat moment.

Perrin 187

"You listen to me, you bilge stone.  Nynaeve and Elayne need you, or I'd leave you for the gholam to crack your bones and the Black Ajah to pick over what's left.  Well, as far as you're concerned, I'm the Master of the Blades, and my blades are bare. 

"This is the bargain between you and me.  You go where Nynaeve and Elayne want, and in return, I won't tie the lot of you across horses like packsaddles and haul you there!"

ACoS ch 39

Classic.

There are lots of great Mat moments. Him winning in games, or otherwise turning out lucky, are such moments. It's also good to read about him always doing the right thing, even if he might not see himself as a hero. The unwanted memories moments can be good stuff reading about. Lots of other stuff, too. Mat around women, Mat taking care of Olwer, and so on.

I alsways liked the moments when Mat shows great generaling skills.

Before the battle at Cairhien(Sp?) when he is in the tent with Lan discusing what he though about the battle plans.

At the end of KoD when he is running the mini-campain against the seanchan, that whole part was great. Also the moment with the seanchan guy when Mat was like "just call me Mat, I am no bloody Lord" and the seanchan dude was like "well actually you are the Prince of Ravens, and I would pretty much kill myself if I even said your name."

Also anything with Mat's memories, or Mat with women, or Mat gambling, is pretty sweet.

Hi everyone,This is my first post.YAY!!!! :D

"that killed the goat" is my favorite line in the whole series.Busts me up every time. The whole snakes and foxes thing.AWESOME!When Mat reads Tom's letter.I love all of Mats story lines.he's the best!

Well how did I do?

Well how did I do?

In some ways better and in some ways worse than I did when I first appeared. After having been here a rather short time, I called a mother out who was gloating (in my opinion) about her five year old. I'm awesome like that.

After having been here a rather short time, I called a mother out who was gloating (in my opinion) about her five year old. I'm awesome like that.

LMAO.

Well, I guess you could say this if my first real post (my other post was just an intro).

Favorite Mat moment...oh, man, there are so many.  Definitely when he gets the better of Gawyn and Galad, as a couple of people have mentioned already.  I love whenever he spits out the Old Tongue without realizing it (especially when he has a whole conversation with Birgitte in CoS).  Another great moment is in FoH when he sets out the whole battle plan to Lan and shows off his new general skills, without meaning to.  And just about any scene with Tuon ;D

The first time he speaks the Old Tongue, near Shadar Logoth, when they are attacked by Trollocs (before entering the city)[EotW]. Does anyone have the quote???

And then he blow it up by havin' his worse scene: Wandering about Shadar Logoth. Damn.. i know he is stupid and reckless at that point... but is he crazy??? And how the hell he convinced Perrin to go? Did he "taveren" (sp) him?

Here you go, luftshark:

They topped another hill.

Below them, just starting up the slope, marched Trollocs carrying poles tipped with great loops of rope or long hooks. Many Trollocs. The line stretched far to either side, the ends out of sight, but at its center, directly in front of Lan, a Fade rode.

The Myrddraal seemed to hesitate as the humans appeared atop the hill, but in the next instant it produced a sword with the black blade Rand remembered so queasily, and waved it over its head. The line of Trollocs scrambled forward.

Even before the Myrddraal moved, Lan's sword was in his hand. "Stay with me!" he cried, and Mandarb plunged down the slope toward the Trollocs. "For the Seven Towers!" he shouted.

Rand gulped and booted the gray forward; the whole group of them streamed after the Warder. He was surprised to find Tam's sword in his fist. Caught up by Lan's cry, he found his own. "Manetheren! Manetheren!"

Perrin took it up. "Manetheren! Manetheren!"

But Mat shouted, "Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"

[...]

Mat shrugged uncomfortably. "I don't remember." He stared at them defensively. "Well, I don't. It's all foggy. I don't know what it was, or where it came from, or what it means." He gave a self-deprecating laugh. "I don't suppose it means anything."

"I . . . I think it does," Egwene said slowly. "When you shouted, I thought--just for a minute--I thought I understood you. But it's all gone, now." She sighed and shook her head. "Perhaps you're right. Strange what you can imagine at a time like that, isn't it?"

"Carai an Caldazar," Moiraine said. They all twisted to stare at her. "Carai an Ellisande. Al Ellisande. For the honor of the Red Eagle. For the honor of the Rose of the Sun. The Rose of the Sun. The ancient warcry of Manetheren, and the warcry of its last king. Eldrene was called the Rose of the Sun." Moiraine's smile took in Egwene and Mat both, though her gaze may have rested a moment longer on him than on her. "The blood of Arad's line is still strong in the Two Rivers. The old blood still sings."

my favotite mat moment is not just one, but a general thing he does.

"his best winning smile" or the sort he flashes when in trouble or trying

to figure something out.

galad and gawayn getting their buttocks handed to them is my next favorite, i mean the dude still aint healthy from the dagger!!!!

then, when he says Tuon is his Wife 3 times, without knowing what it menas.

Archived