DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your Favorite Rand al'Thor Moment

Theleos

sorry if this has been posted i tried the search bar.

Anyways its hard to think of just one so I got 2

my first one is actually a second hand account when one of the Aes Sedai that had Rand captured (LoC) talks about what happened the first time they let him out of the chest. Don't remember the exact wording but they said they let him out and he killed one warder with his bare hands then took his sword and fatally wounded a second warder before they came to his senses and wrapped him up in flows of air. I mean how badass is that? killing two warders while surrounded by Aes Sedai. it was also cool when he busted out of the chest and stilled 3 sisters.

the second was when he was hunting the Asha'man in Far Madding and he was in the alley. The asha'man thought he was going to kill Rand and went to draw his sword but instead Rand simply stepped forward, put a hand on the hilt to stop him from drawing, and crushed his throat with his other hand. That was realy cool just because the manner in which Rand did it was like saying, ok i know i am better than you, i am not putting any effort into crushing the life out of you, and now i am just going to move on and kill your traitor friends.

Anyways what are everybody's favorite al'Thor moments??

Wow.  So many.  I would have to pick my top few:

• When he first comes across the male Cho'dan Kal and almost gets drawn in.
  • When he faces off against Ba'alzamon at the end of The Great Hunt.  I have never served you.  Time to die!
  • Reading Moiraine's letter at the end of The Fires of Heaven.
  • RAHHHHHVIIIIIN! at the end of The Fires of Heaven

same as above (the seanchan one)

`I am the storm` he whispered. And then he channeled.

So epic, and great writing.

yeah the "I am the storm" quote is very epic. That was a great moment. Although I was kinda disappointed when he was killing his own guys too, but it was great writing and it lends itself to the fact that callandor induces madness.

On a side note I always thought that it was great the way that RJ made the first Asha'man battle so gruesome that both sides considered it a loss.

Rand meeting the Forsaken, Rand channeling the first few times (especially the Lightning incident), Rand taking care of Shadowspawn (especially the incident in Tear), and many other moments. Too many to select one single favorite. Rand meeting the finns & Rand going into Rhuidean are also great moments. Rand and his three ladies can be fun to read about. Rand and the spear maidens (especially the incident with Sulin) are also some nice moments.

Falme at the end of TGH was good. I also liked the time when he isolated himself after sending Perrin away after Masema and Min comes in to talk some sense into him.

Then there was the scene after he killed the two Asha'man in the alley in Far Madding and goes back to the party at the inn and Min was something like, "you killed two people and I didn't even feel anything through the bond, no anger or anything." ...badass

Now I have a terrible memory but I'll try this...

I THINK it was in the Stone after it had been taken by the Aiel. Elayne and Egwene (I think) try to help Rand with his channeling.

They ask him to do something and he goes mental and ends up putting fire into the fireplace which the girls think is almost impossible.

I'm sure those with better recollection know what I mean.

Another is after Alanna bonds him and the Two Rivers girls in the tavern refuse to believe he is the Dragon Reborn until he scare them witless.

Everything at Falme is definitely great, from him talking with Hawkwing and the others to his fight with Ba'alzamon.  Another one is at the end of TSR, when he tells all the Aiel what you learn about their past when you go to Rhuidean.  Going after Rahvin in Camelyn.  And on a funnier note, I also really love when he tries telling the Maidens a joke and they don't get it.

Oh, and just about any moment with Aviendha ;D  They definitely have some amusing moments in FoH.

Archived