DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin and forkroot

42Bonzo88

I am rereading Crossroads of Twilight and I'm at the part where Perrin sees the town that the Shaido has taken over. I just can't remember how Perrin found out about forkroot. I know he got it from the Seanchan. Is that how he found out about it too?

Most likely I will figure it out myself, but because I am impatient, if anyone knows, please help me.

The Seanchan's knowledge of forkroot I suspect came directly from Ronde Macura.  The White Tower's knowledge of it did come directly from her (Crown of Swords Prologue).

I suspect everyone's knowledge of it could be traced to her.

That was one of my favorite Nynaeve parts, where she had no choice to thank the men for 'interfering' and helping. Nynaeve during that stage just had this major attitude that because she had the power that men were next to useless. Funny how this brought her down a peg or two.

• 1 month later...

IIRC he was watching the Seanchan at the gates of a local city administering a tea to all people (women and men). Occasionally a woman would get dizzy and get collared. He even witnessed a few men get caught this way though I don't remember what happened to the men. This is the first instance that I remember where we learn that forkroot works for men channelers too.

Presumably they get killed.

And yes Ronde is how the Seanchan learn of it--Elaida has her punished for failing to capture Elayne, and Ronde turns to the Seanchan out of her hatred for Aes Sedai. You see her with Tuon in Winter's Heart Chapter 14.

Archived