DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite/Least favourite Nation

Hallow

Thought about this the other day, what would be your favourite and least favourite nation based on their way of society, laws, nobles and commoners, everything?

My least favourite would be Tear and favourite probably Illian or Shienar.

How about you?

I think I too would go for Tear as the least favorite. There are other annoying countries, but I think Tear tops them all. At least Rand changed the country a bit.

My favorite country would most probably be Shienar. They seem like honest and good guys.

Tear's entire system of society annoys me. The fact that a noble can go out and kill a commoner in cold blood and get away with it seems disgusting to me...

How do you think it worked in Europe at times when hygiene was comparable to Tears?

Tear's entire system of society annoys me. The fact that a noble can go out and kill a commoner in cold blood and get away with it seems disgusting to me...

How do you think it worked in Europe at times when hygiene was comparable to Tears?

Yeah but then "everybody" did it, now its just Tear, and not other nations, say Andor.

I don't think Tear should be pointed out as the only example of nations with bad laws and governments in the WoT world.

On those grounds alone, what would have been my favorite and my least favorite? I'm not sure, but I think Andor might have been one of the less "bad" nations. The worst could be Tear, I think. Cairhien, Amadicia and Altara seems pretty bad as well. If we're not talking about Seanchan, Shara and the rest of the world, because they might be the worst nations of them all.

I don't think Tear should be pointed out as the only example of nations with bad laws and governments in the WoT world.

On those grounds alone, what would have been my favorite and my least favorite? I'm not sure, but I think Andor might have been one of the less "bad" nations. The worst could be Tear, I think. Cairhien, Amadicia and Altara seems pretty bad as well. If we're not talking about Seanchan, Shara and the rest of the world, because they might be the worst nations of them all.

Yeah it's not a fun game if you include Shara, Seanchan and the Realm of Madmen, and I disagree that Cairhien or Altara is as bad as Amadicia and Tear.

I can't remember the nation that has the Children of the Light headquarters, but that would be the worst. Having a puppet King and then being told how to live by a 'Coplike' people.

My favorite would be the Aiel people. No King and governed by clan chiefs.

Yeah but then "everybody" did it, now its just Tear, and not other nations, say Andor.

Then what do you do with the Rahad? Or with the Foregate? Or all the "non-ruled" land? Or Ghealdan? Or Murandy? Or that country where murder is something to be proud of (forgot which that is :-[)? Do I have to continue?

Also, it was not the case everywhere in Europe. Scandinavia, Moorish Spain, ... are good examples of the contrary.

Archived