If you could channel for a day

Rinkai

what would you do. No consequences.

-compulsion (I know it sounds bad)

-disguise myself as a hot chick, hit on some guys then pull the old switcheroo

-make a power enhanced unbreakable never dulling sword

-bale fire something, doesn't matter what

-use a gateway to go to california, then china

Assuming I had unlimited knowledge of the way the One Power worked and I was the most powerful channeler to grace the face of the planet, ever:

1) Solve world hunger.

2) Kill lots and lots of people. I'd be a one-man, global, Boondock Saint.

P.S. Is it rape if it's compulsed consensual sex? Probably not a PG-13 topic, which is why I didn't include it in the list of things I'd do.

P.S. Is it rape if it's compulsed consensual sex? Probably not a PG-13 topic, which is why I didn't include it in the list of things I'd do.

It really disturbs me that this is a question.  If you use compulsion, then it's not consensual.  Yes, it'd be rape.

Assuming I knew HOW to channel without unforseen side-effects...

I'd got to UPS headquarters and sell my "secret" shipping technique for millions of dollars. No coersion, no force, just willing commerce between human beings.

Once agreed upon, I'd open Travelling Gateways between all of the major UPS hubs. This way, packages could move from Louisville Kentucky to Houston Texas. From Washington DC to London, England.

This would GREATLY increase UPS's ability to ship (decently sized) packages cheaply. As part of the agreement, I'd request access to UPS resources when not greatly inconvenient and that people "look the other way" as I conduct worldwide trade that would fit the defintion of "agorist".

1. Make a blizzard along the entire length of the equator (I would have Choedan Kal of course)

2. Rob a bank, after doing that, walk out with a shield of air around me and let the cops shoot the crap out of me. Or my shield.

3. Randomly walk down a busy city street tickling people with air.

4. Remove the glass from a sliding glass door panel, replace it with a sheet of air and watch people walk into it and wonder how I got my glass so clear.

5. While talking to a disliked boss or teacher or some such, continuously pull out facial/nose/eyebrow/hidden region hair with small weaves of air.

6. Light someones hair on fire for a millisecond and then put it out, see what they do. Public place for best effect.

7. When a kid is blowing in his straw to make bubbles in his drink, shoot a weave of air in there so it explodes in his face.

8. While a person has an icecream cone in hand and is ignoring it, channel fire into it to make it melt.

9. Weave a gateway in front of an elevator, to another elevator in Thailand (or some such place) and when the person gets off they will be very confused.

10. Get in a fight with someone and discreetly use the power to my advantage.

11. Weave a sheet of air just under the surface of a pond in the park and walk across it, then sit down on a park bench to read WoT, pretending I had done nothing of the sort.

12. Find work at a restaurant, and every time the cook looks away from the frying pan, burn the food with weaves of fire. Rinse and repeat.

13. On a busy city street, lift someone with the power and keep lifting them until out of sight.

14. In an awkward moment, use the pleasure weave and see how it turns out.

15. Use compulsion to make Presidents make a fool of themselves. Example: Bush gets shoe thrown at him. Takes off his shoe and throws it back.

16. Weave a gateway on a highway to the edge of a cliff. Watch that speeder drive off the cliff, and weave a gateway a few seconds later to bring them back to the highway.

17. When a person is giving a speech or some such, slap them really hard with the power, but weave a wall of air on the other side of their face so it doesn't twitch.

18. Go to a ballroom dance class and weave a sheet of super slick frictionless air on the ground.

19. Make a gigantic frictionless air bowl and slide around in it.

20. Watch some hot dog stand or some such hand a can of pop to someone. Poke a hole in it as they open it, and watch them give it back for another one. Repeat this and watch the hot dog vendor start scanning the cans as if to remember them forever. Keep repeating, see what happens.

21. From a safe distance, find two people walking alone down the street, one in front, one a couple steps behind. Weave two hand-shaped air objects and push the person in front really hard. See what he does with the person behind him.

22. Find a house where you can see someone watching TV late at night through the window. When they turn it off to go to bed, turn it back on. When they finally get frustrated enough to unplug it, plug it back in while they are not looking and turn the TV on again.

Geez this is fun, I could go on forever but I must stop.

A day won't be enough. If I could channel without limitation, I would use mild compulsion to get myself an acting career. That would solve the moral problems (since I won't actually mess with people lives) while it would still give me, in the long run, an army of groupies who would want to obey me (of their own free will of course  ;D)

1. Make a blizzard along the entire length of the equator (I would have Choedan Kal of course)

2. Rob a bank, after doing that, walk out with a shield of air around me and let the cops shoot the crap out of me. Or my shield.

3. Randomly walk down a busy city street tickling people with air.

4. Remove the glass from a sliding glass door panel, replace it with a sheet of air and watch people walk into it and wonder how I got my glass so clear.

5. While talking to a disliked boss or teacher or some such, continuously pull out facial/nose/eyebrow/hidden region hair with small weaves of air.

6. Light someones hair on fire for a millisecond and then put it out, see what they do. Public place for best effect.

7. When a kid is blowing in his straw to make bubbles in his drink, shoot a weave of air in there so it explodes in his face.

8. While a person has an icecream cone in hand and is ignoring it, channel fire into it to make it melt.

9. Weave a gateway in front of an elevator, to another elevator in Thailand (or some such place) and when the person gets off they will be very confused.

10. Get in a fight with someone and discreetly use the power to my advantage.

11. Weave a sheet of air just under the surface of a pond in the park and walk across it, then sit down on a park bench to read WoT, pretending I had done nothing of the sort.

12. Find work at a restaurant, and every time the cook looks away from the frying pan, burn the food with weaves of fire. Rinse and repeat.

13. On a busy city street, lift someone with the power and keep lifting them until out of sight.

14. In an awkward moment, use the pleasure weave and see how it turns out.

15. Use compulsion to make Presidents make a fool of themselves. Example: Bush gets shoe thrown at him. Takes off his shoe and throws it back.

16. Weave a gateway on a highway to the edge of a cliff. Watch that speeder drive off the cliff, and weave a gateway a few seconds later to bring them back to the highway.

17. When a person is giving a speech or some such, slap them really hard with the power, but weave a wall of air on the other side of their face so it doesn't twitch.

18. Go to a ballroom dance class and weave a sheet of super slick frictionless air on the ground.

19. Make a gigantic frictionless air bowl and slide around in it.

20. Watch some hot dog stand or some such hand a can of pop to someone. Poke a hole in it as they open it, and watch them give it back for another one. Repeat this and watch the hot dog vendor start scanning the cans as if to remember them forever. Keep repeating, see what happens.

21. From a safe distance, find two people walking alone down the street, one in front, one a couple steps behind. Weave two hand-shaped air objects and push the person in front really hard. See what he does with the person behind him.

22. Find a house where you can see someone watching TV late at night through the window. When they turn it off to go to bed, turn it back on. When they finally get frustrated enough to unplug it, plug it back in while they are not looking and turn the TV on again.

Geez this is fun, I could go on forever but I must stop.

BRILLIANT suggestions, loved each and every one of them :D

Bela made me LOL ... at the office ... in front of my boss  ;D

If I could channel for just one day, I'd Travel to all my Bondeds.

If I could find someone ELSE who could channel, I'd have them Heal me  ;D

Will the effects of my channeling last past that one day?  For example, if I bond my husband as a warder, will we still have the connection after my abilities are gone?  If so, I'd do that.  And all the things Bela mentioned...thanks for that!

Only one day? Then no need to make plans for the future. Purely short term. Balefire. Lots of balefire. On everyone and everything. Burn the world. If I'm going out, I'm going out in a blaze of glory and I'm taking all of you with me.

I'm destroying the world, so I don't think it really matters. Like everyone else, all you can do is try and die happy before reality comes apart.

Only one day? Then no need to make plans for the future. Purely short term. Balefire. Lots of balefire. On everyone and everything. Burn the world. If I'm going out, I'm going out in a blaze of glory and I'm taking all of you with me.

...It didn't say you were going to die after that one day, Ares.

...It didn't say you were going to die after that one day, Ares.
With that much balefire, it's the only possible result. And if you have that much power, but only for one day, why not use it to its fullest?

With that much balefire, it's the only possible result. And if you have that much power, but only for one day, why not use it to its fullest?

I think killing people Boondock Saints style would be using it to its damned fullest. There are lots of bad guys in this world. I'd find new and creative ways to kill 'em. I'll make the Asha'man look bad. I think that's more fun than just indiscriminately balefiring everyone. I mean, I want to live.

I think killing people Boondock Saints style would be using it to its damned fullest. There are lots of bad guys in this world.
And there would be plenty left by the time your day was up. Plenty of bad guys, maybe some with a grudge against the man who killed all their friends/associates/ruined their business/etc. You still have to deal with the consequences. My way kills all the bad people. A few good ones die as well. It just means no bad ones slip the net. Shoot them all and let God sort them out.

I want to live.
Nobody lives forever. If I had the Power permanently, I have centuries more to live. If I only have it for one day, I want it to be spectacular.

And there would be plenty left by the time your day was up. Plenty of bad guys, maybe some with a grudge against the man who killed all their friends/associates/ruined their business/etc. You still have to deal with the consequences. My way kills all the bad people. A few good ones die as well. It just means no bad ones slip the net. Shoot them all and let God sort them out.

Yeah, I'll deal with the consequences. But instead of using the Power, I'll just move on to using guns. Then I'll truly be a Boondock Saint.

Nobody lives forever. If I had the Power permanently, I have centuries more to live. If I only have it for one day, I want it to be spectacular.

It'll be pretty damned spectacular how I'd kill these people. As I said, I'd make Asha'man cry in shame. And then when it's done, I'd still be alive to continue my work. We don't live forever, but that's no reason to kill yourself. If you think it is, then by all means, jump off your house now. Please.

Compulsion. For sure, compulsion. Find a rich old guy and make him sign over his wealth to me.

Then Balefire, and fire in general....Set a couple houses on fire....Hell, set a couple people on fire.

Compulsion. For sure, compulsion. Find a rich old guy and make him sign over his wealth to me.

Then Balefire, and fire in general....Set a couple houses on fire....Hell, set a couple people on fire.

Tsk such small goals.

Replace "people" with "continents"

That will get you in the history books!

Eh, I dont want to be in histories, I just want to set a few people on fire....

Or lets go your way, Start another Ice Age....Weave illusions of dinosaurs...Push someone off of the empire state building and catch them right before they land....Okay, not that awesome, but it would be funny.

Eh, I dont want to be in histories, I just want to set a few people on fire....

Or lets go your way, Start another Ice Age....Weave illusions of dinosaurs...Push someone off of the empire state building and catch them right before they land....Okay, not that awesome, but it would be funny.

I like where your going with the Ice Age. Except once everyone is all ready for the winter sling shot the temperatures to something close to the heat of the sun...

That will give em a nasty surprise!

Archived