DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Infamous WOT FAQ

BlackAjah

Remember this??

http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/

Leigh Butler used to manage this amazing document, and now our very own Jason seems to be taking it over!  Can I hear a woot-woot?!?!  The FAQ unfortunately never got updated for "Knife Of Dreams"...such a shame because I know so many peeps used it to cathc-up between new books and to refresh their memories.  I personally found it invaluable and would love to see an updated version.  Any word on this?  Jason?  Will we ever see it updated, and when?  Thanks!

I used it a lot, and still use it sometimes. But since it was never updated to KoD it did get used less and less... I saw a while ago that Jason was taking over, but there is still a LOT of work for it to be eben close to being updated. At least as far as I can see..

The other thing. It might take longer to update it, and then update for every november till the last book is out, then to just wait for all the books, and then update it...

The Official WoT FAQ is extremely important to me, being one my my few ties to the WoT even before DM.

Trust me, Jason is taking this (and other DM "aquisitions" of WoT-Fandom) VERY seriously.

Let me be honest here. We're not sure how we'll proceed with this. DM has a FAQ section that gets a TON of traffic and it's managed by Encyclopaedia WoT's Bob Kluttz. We've also got Pam and Leigh (and every other contributor!)'s awesome compilation of works that is the current FAQ.

Whatever is going to happen, it will probably be unveiled as part of the upcoming DM 8.0. It will most CERTAINLY include facts generated from the most recently released WoT source material.. If "The Gathering Storm"'s prologue is released between now and then, it will probably include that.

But it's a big "we dunno". I'll forward this thread to Jason to make sure at the LEAST, he sees it. If you guys have suggestions, let them flow.

• Administrator

Yes, DM is taking over the WOT FAQ.  Although she publicly denies it, I intend for Leigh to be involved as well. :)

Before I just blindly setup a wiki or ask people to "update it for me", I want to get a proper team together, complete with an organized team leader that I trust.  All of that is underway right now. :)

Archived