DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pevin

Beli Tsar

Just finishing up reading The Fires of Heaven again, and have to say that in the whole series Pevin is probably my favorite side character. Odd I know considering he says almost nothing and appears rarely, but there's just something about him (maybe his only remaining beliefs in the world of the Dragon being reborn, the last battle is coming, and that being near the Dragon will give him vengeance) that I can't help wishing he'd lived to continue at his post as Bannerman for Rand.

You'll find only total agreement here.  I loved Pevin as a side character, and always regreted his death, though I can't imagine any other way for him to go, can't see someone so closely defined in life dying of old age...  But what isn't there to like about him, Never says anything unecesary, total and complete loyalty, has a personality I just enjoy and agree with... definately not a DF...  Only one thing to say really, May the last embrace of the mother welcome you home...  

But were there any trollocs at the siege of Cairhien, or was that later?

It was Caemyln I believe, Rand was transporting most of his army to surprise Rahvin and I do believe there were trollocs.

Actually, one could say he died twice that day.  He was killed, I think, by Rhavin's Saidin barrage, then that was erased by Rand's Balefire, but he was still killed by on of the Trollocs...  He came along because he had heard that Rand was "Going somewhere". 

Archived