DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slayer

firheruwen

OK I am re-reading the books right now, and I am on book seven. I have been looking for hints about who Slayer *is* He has to be someone else kind of important right? I feel like I might have just forgotten who he is if it was said in the later books so it is a little embarassing to be asking this. So, my idea:

He keeps being described as looking like Lan. I don't have the books with me to look this up, but there was a baby, like Lan's cousin or something who was assumed to be eaten by trollocs when his mother, the betraying former queen (?) of Malkier fled with him as Malkier fell. This baby WOULD be the age of Slayer, and would look a hell of a lot like Lan. Just an idea. Please feel free to tell me how it is wrong. XD

Er...I thought Slayer is the result of a merging between Lan's cousin (Isam?) and Luc Mantear? There are parts in the books where he is described as alternately resembling Lan and Rand, although I can't for the life of me remember which books they're in. Sorry, I guess I'm not much help...

It says in book two more or less exactly what he is. Just no one notices with out reading the poem thingie that is written on the dungeon walls more carefully then most read it.

And your right, he is a mix of lans cousin or older brother (I forget which) and Galads brother I believe. (It's been to long since I've read the series.)

This is all explained in Chapter 47 of EotW. In TSR while Perrin is coming to the Two Rivers he sees "Slayer" in the Wolf Dream. The "Slayer" he sees is Luc, because he resembles Rand. Later he sees Lord Luc in The Two Rivers who resembles Rand, yet Nyneave is seeing someone who resembles Lan in TAR, this is because at the time he is Isalm. Much later in WH Egwene, Elyane, and Nyneave see a man who looks like Rand in TAR, that's because he is now Luc again.

He goes back and forth between the two bodies because of whatever happened in the Blight. Somehow the two people were put together and allowed total reign on TAR. The Dark Prophecy that Verin finds in TGH also mentions something of what happened to the two.

This is all explained in Chapter 47 of EotW. In TSR while Perrin is coming to the Two Rivers he sees "Slayer" in the Wolf Dream.

Actually if I remember correctly Perrin see him as Luc in the physical world, but as Isam in TAR (hence his not connecting them until later).

Incidentally, why doesn't the quote work right in this form-

(which is the automatic way the system generates it when you click the quote link above a post).

Archived