DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Should she just Avada Kedavra him????

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/26/060626232443.lhc6qc94.html

Well Harry apparently might not survive after all.

I figured this would be heated enough to ask here in debates.

Should she kill off Harry, or keep him around?

I say keep him, if only that I wouldn't want to read of someone coming of age and then being snuffed out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cadsuane

Hehehehe, what Alys said! :roll: :lol:

I say he lives. HP is not deep enough to warrant killing him off. It's a kids series, as much as adults enjoy it too, so let's not cause too much more drama! I mean, Sirius dying was bad enough! :oops:

Excuse me, I was reading WOT in the when the Great Hunt first came out!!! When it wasnt mainstream. I dont jump on bandwagons thank you very much! I hope Harry potter means a tragic end, that wimpy, geeky nerdish fool, and dies a virgin!!! So there!!! :twisted:

There's only one problem with Harry dieing in the Series...

The only person who CAN kill Harry is a good friend of Harry's, He would have to be under the Imperius Curse to Kill him...

But even if Harry were to go down fighting Voldemort, Harry would only come back the same way that Voldemort did...

I know that and i've only read two books in that series... :roll:

in the sixth book (don't read this if you haven't read the book)

The prophecy is (in a nutshell) Only Harry's friend, can't remember his name, can kill either Harry or Voldemort....

True, the main reason Voldemort has been coming back is because he ripped his soul apart and put the pieces around the world...

I'm mainly getting at, that Harry can't kill Voldemort and Voldemort can't kill Harry...*shrug*

I don't know which version of book 6 you're talking about, but it can't be the real one :P

SPOILERS AHEAD******

The prophecy is (in a nutshell) Only Harry's friend, can't remember his name, can kill either Harry or Voldemort....

Are you talking about Neville? Since Voldemort marked Harry as his "equal," Neville has absolutely nothing to do with the prophecy anymore.

True, the main reason Voldemort has been coming back is because he ripped his soul apart and put the pieces around the world...

The horcruxes are the reason Voldemort came back after his curse on Harry rebounded, not just the "main" reason.

I'm mainly getting at, that Harry can't kill Voldemort and Voldemort can't kill Harry...*shrug*

That's completely backwards. You said you only read the first two books, so where are you getting this information from? You need a better source, methinks. Like maybe the books themselves. :wink:

P.S. This is my first post at DM. Eeeek! :shock:

lol... :D :D

the thing is, you asume that when i say that i've only read two of the books, that that means it's the first two...

the truth is that the only two books that i've read are books five and six... :D

And, FYI, it's been a long time ag since i read those books and i don't care what anyone says, I think it would be more interesting if Harry was defeated and came back the same way Voldemort did... :D

And if that is your first post on DM.... :D :D :D :D WELCOME!!! :D :D :D :D

spoilers****

if you think neville has anything to do with it you are wrong. he'll be there, but he won't be fighting the big fight. what will happen all depends on whether harry really is the last horcrux...and what happens to the others. and they can kill each other, just not in a face off. that's covered in book four. the only reason all that happened was because of the wands' link and the spells being preformed simultaneously.

the thing is, you asume that when i say that i've only read two of the books, that that means it's the first two...

True, true. My mistake.

I think it would be more interesting if Harry was defeated and came back the same way Voldemort did...

Lol. I don't see Harry as the sort to purposely split his soul, but it would be interesting to see what people would do then, if their savior took Voldemort's place.

As for the linked article, I don't think it changes anything, really. Harry's death was always a possibility. I don't want him to die, but I've resigned myself to the fact that he probably will. That way, if he lives, I'll be pleasantly surprised. (But...it would still bother me more if Rand died.)

Aaaw, two of my favorite series coming to an end. :cry:

And if that is your first post on DM....WELCOME!!!

Thank you! :D

EDIT TO ADD:

and they can kill each other, just not in a face off. that's covered in book four. the only reason all that happened was because of the wands' link and the spells being preformed simultaneously.

Didn't see that before I posted. Is that why you think Harry and Voldie can't kill each other, Incubate? (Yes, I know it isn't your post.) If so, Alys is right. That part of the 4th book/movie was a special circumstance, which the movie doesn't do a very good job of explaining.

Archived