DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite Minor Characters

Hoop Snake

Well, who are they? People who aren't necessarily vital to the plot but are somewhat cool.

I would go with Beslan, because he is hardcore and hilarious. And Bela, because she is Super Horse. And a fair few others, I will post them when they come into my head.

Guest Egwene

Yep, Alise Tenjile is the full name. Got it of the encyclopaedia (which wasn't working earlier).

I like her. My guess is she is going to end up as a 'field marshall' of sorts... she seems to be really switched on and level headed.

I always liked Domon Bayle. He seems to be a handy kind of feller to have around. He has also played a pretty important part for a minor character.

Also like Hurin. It was largely because of him, that Rand was able to become a leader.

I also like the grief that Mat's little sister gave him. My little sister was like that when we were younger.

I really like Tam, so I hope RJ writes that prequel. Tam's a sharp guy (except when it comes to realizing that his son is the Dragon Reborn, but I can forgive him that :roll:). I like that he was open-minded enough to realize that Rand had to go off with Moiraine, no matter his personal feelings about Aes Sedai. I hope we get to see a reunion between the two.

Yeah, I had thought that Tam and Rand would meet up whenever Perrin managed to rejoin Rand, though it's certainly possible that Tam would...I don't know...die before that happened. I don't see him going back to the Two Rivers without seeing Rand first, but maybe I'm completely misreading the guy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants a reunion; I rarely see it mentioned anywhere, so I thought I was being a weirdo. :P

The unsung lieutenants. Dobraine, Darlin, and Talmanes.

Dobraine is a solid guy. He's sworn an oath of fealty to the Dragon, but it's not just words or brown-nosing. When all looked lost, he was still willing to lead his 500 to what looked like certain death against Aiel and Aes Sedai at Dumai's Wells. He's a capable and just leader, and has taken over the day-to-day ruling of Cairhien.

Darlin you have to respect because of the opposite. Dobraine swore to the man who saved Cairhien from the Shaido. Darlin opposed the man who, he believed, brought Aiel invaders into Tear and caused weird, dangerous twistings of fate. Once convinced that Rand was not in Tear for personal gain, he consented to rule Tear as steward of the Dragon and see that Tear's interests were considered.

Talmanes has a great history, from when we first see him taking his time to answer Mat outside Cairhien, studying from boots to hat before promising to lead half his men if Mat led the other half. Now Mat's right hand, he's embraced the changes Mat has introduced and even strengthened the Band in Mat's absence.

Three men who are working under the Dragon for the good of the people under them. Their arrogance and greed is less important than their responsibilities, and I love that.

• 2 months later...

Lewis Therin has to get my vote. He is wickedly funny sometimes and then so sad. Is he considered a minor character or just Rands other half? Anyway, he keeps Rand on his toes and sometimes steals his scenes too. I picture him always coming in and out of frame, never staying still, always moving. The guy just needs some meds.

Tylin, just because she got to have Mat as a plaything! Whapow! (sound of whip cracking) :wink:

Oh, and of course Galad. I love pretty men. Sometimes I love to just sit around and think, "How pretty is Galad? Is he prettier than me?" Also, his personality quirk is interesting. What happens When someone like him is faced with a true catch-22?

Archived