DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

any darkfriends with Mat?

Anajon

I started thinking about it when the thread about one of the Aes Sedais came up, then I just read the Noal thread - who do you think is a darkfriend in Mat's camp.

It seems very, very unlikely that there is no one - well it might be Mat's luck but the DO is been looking for him so sure some one will be attached to him.

Any ideas? I don't have my books here - maybe some one can put a list of the party together?

I don't think there are any darkfriends in Mat or Perrin's groups.

Why?? In KOD (the end of chapter 3) Moridin orders the forsaken to not kill Rand, but to kill Mat and Perrin.

Soon after that, we saw attempts to kill both of them after some random person freaks out over seeing them (Perrin in the Seanchan city and Mat in the "hell"). Both of those darkfriends showed considerable surprise over seeing Mat and Perrin.

I think that means none of the bad guys knew where they were. If there are any darkfriends attached to Mat and Perrin, then someone is most likely disobeying orders. There should have been sufficient enough time to be in contact with the forsaken (or some higher up who is) and comply with Moridin's kill immediately order.

Or there could just be a lack of communication in the dark side community, or they are waiting for a more opportune moment to strike.

But my bet is on no darkfriends with Mat and Perrin.

One of the Aes Sedai with Mat is a darkfriend, because is WH when he meets her in the inn, he thanks her for the note either on his pillow or in his jacket pocket (one of them) and says that he is in her debt. But the note (if Mat said pillow) was in his jacket pocket (or on his pillow if Mat said jacket pocket, don't have my books on me). And the Aes Sedai acknowledges that she did that and said "all debts between us are finished when you get me out of the city". The book even says that Mat noticed that she lied, and later he goes to one of the red Aes Sedai in the damne cannels, and says that she left the note.

Not sure about Perrin.

Can you follow that??

Guest Majsju
One of the Aes Sedai with Mat is a darkfriend' date=' because is WH when he meets her in the inn, he thanks her for the note either on his pillow or in his jacket pocket (one of them) and says that he is in her debt. But the note (if Mat said pillow) was in his jacket pocket (or on his pillow if Mat said jacket pocket, don't have my books on me). And the Aes Sedai acknowledges that she did that and said "all debts between us are finished when you get me out of the city". The book even says that Mat noticed that she lied, and later he goes to one of the red Aes Sedai in the damne cannels, and says that she left the note.

Not sure about Perrin.

Can you follow that??[/quote']

Read that again, and pay attention to what she says. She does not say a single word that is not true. She lets Mat think she slipped him the note, but she never actually say she did.

yes, burn them all, but after the LB. there are definately darkfriends in mat's army and probably in perrin's as well. as to 2nd and 3rd party charactors-maybe.

=====================

That's always a given , though the number of darkfriends are likely to be fairly insubstantial.

I don't think there are any dark friends with either Perrin or Mat. Perrin and Mat have been "declared" enimies of the shadow since tGH. But Ishy and the other forsaken have put them on low priority unitil Sammy learned that Mat was in Ebou Dar. Then he dispatched the gholam the way he did the darkhounds in tDR.

I just don't think they were taken enough as a threat to plant spies in. Remember Semi walked right past Mat many times and didn't do anything because she didn't know who he was. If she did, Mat would be tortured to become her personal slave.

Compulsed? That is an awesome word, man.

Nah, it seems more likely that Noal is Jain Farstrider, and his quirks come from being tortured by Ishy---but from every indication we have, when Ishy was done Farstrider was still on the side of the Light.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kadere wrote:

the Forsaken aren't even sure what Mat and Perrin look like until KoD

In tGH Ishamael shows images of Rand, Perrin and Mat to everyone gathered at the DF social at the beginning of the book. So at least one Foreaken knew/know very well what they look like.

Yeah, but Ishamael apparently never shared the information with the others, which came as quite a revelation in KoD, at least to me. I had always assumed that the Forsaken were aware of Mat and Perrin's importance, especially considering how Mat and Perrin have encountered Myrddraal who have acknowledged their importance. I was literally quite shocked when I realized that the other Forsaken never knew Perrin and Mat's importance until now.

Archived