DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

20 years ago

Hallower

This is probably obvious to most of you but I cant get my head around it. Every time Cadusane meets an Aes Sedai she asks if they took part in "That disgrace twenty years ago" or something similar, what is she refering to? Tried searching the forums but couldnt find anything about it.  ;D

I always thought she was talking about the murdered Amyrlins, and the general debacle that was the White Tower around that time.  However, now that I think about it, I can't imagine why she would know what exactly was going on, or even why she would expect others to know about it.  So, I guess my answer didn't wind up being helpful at all.  Sorry.

I think it was that spur of gentling men who could channel on the spot, which was really part of the Black Ajah effort mentioned in New Spring to eradicate all men who might become the Dragon Reborn. The new grey-red Amyrlin took on some fairly rough measures, which many Reds like Elaida, Toveine, Tsutama were part of for some reason. Though it was speculated that it was the Red Ajah that killed Sierin.

I think it was that spur of gentling men who could channel on the spot, which was really part of the Black Ajah effort mentioned in New Spring to eradicate all men who might become the Dragon Reborn. The new grey-red Amyrlin took on some fairly rough measures, which many Reds like Elaida, Toveine, Tsutama were part of for some reason. Though it was speculated that it was the Red Ajah that killed Sierin.

I think so as well. It's the gentling of men outside the Tower's walls. Tsutama and the other two Red Sisters were exiled for 15 years before Elaida called them back.

It might also refer to the number of sisters who mysteriously died, and in fact were murdered by the Black Ajah. The Amyrlin Tamra Ospenya had been tortured and killed and the sisters she had appointed to search for the Dragon Reborn were killed by hte Black Ajah. This "vileness" took place in New Spring.

It might also refer to the number of sisters who mysteriously died, and in fact were murdered by the Black Ajah. The Amyrlin Tamra Ospenya had been tortured and killed and the sisters she had appointed to search for the Dragon Reborn were killed by hte Black Ajah. This "vileness" took place in New Spring.

I know this but how would Cadsuane know? Plus this would mean she is accusing every sister she meets of treason and being a darkfriend. Seems a little odd to me.

It's the right events Cadsuane is talking about but the Aes Sedai have no reason to believe the sisters were murdered by other sisters. The Black Ajah would have been found out years ago if that was the case. Aes Sedai believe the Amyrlins died just the way it was reported, and accidents do happen.. even to Aes Sedai.

Cadsuane knows the Red Ajah was going around skirting the law and gentling male channelers on the spot. This is what she's referring to, not the murdered sisters. Every Aes Sedai would have known once this was done. All it would have taken was one sister to hear of it. Not to mention a few sisters were exiled for this and it would have been made public then.

And because Sierin was raised from the Grey, presumable Grey sisters too part in too, or at least that was why Cadsuane asked Merana and Annoura if they had known of it.

Cadsuane did notice all sorts of unusual events, but of course it was Moiraine who Cadsuane really suspected of being Black Ajah  ;), she refers to this as almost uncovering it only for it to slip between her fingers.

And because Sierin was raised from the Grey, presumable Grey sisters too part in too, or at least that was why Cadsuane asked Merana and Annoura if they had known of it.

Cadsuane did notice all sorts of unusual events, but of course it was Moiraine who Cadsuane really suspected of being Black Ajah  ;), she refers to this as almost uncovering it only for it to slip between her fingers.

And moiraine believed Cadsuane was black ajah, infact she was CERTAIN of it. Oh the irony...

Archived