DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is your favorite weaving?

I was just re-reading Knife of Dreams and the scene just after Loial gets married where the Trollocs attack in a massive number...and Rand/LTT uses all these new weaves to attack them (Blossoms of Fire and Deathgates).  It made me think what an awesome thing the One Power is and then made me wonder about what everyone's favorite weave was so far.

A Keeping?

Rolling Ring of Earth and Fire?

the Warder bond?

Healing?  which version?

eavesdropping?

wards?

and so on and so on.  I'll refrain from saying mine upfront, but I was curious.

I'm a bit confused - by favourite do you mean most useful? If so, I'd take those wards Rand used on the Shadar Logoth Waygate - the one that kills all Shadowspawn after they've gotten a mile away.

Ummm...I think by favorite he means the one/s you find most interesting/useful/badass. You know...Your favorite one....I'm confused at your confusion. :)

During the last battle, I think the Arrows of Fire, Blossoms of Fire and Spinning Earthfire would have been the most useful ones. If one channeler fights one other channeler, then I think Shielding weaves, stilling/gentling and being able to "cut" other weaves would be most useful. In more peaceful times, I think Healing should be considered most useful. Most fun (for the channeler personally), besides Healing (of loved ones), would probably be Illusion.

Arrows of Fire, Mask of Mirrors, Keeping and Traveling all tie up for first with me. Arrows of Fire for the afore mentioned ability to decimate hordes of Trollocs and the like, Mask of Mirrors because its kewl! Keeping because you don't have to have a fridge anymore and Traveling because it would save me a bundle on airfare and all the like.

Myself I had to really think about it because so many weaves seem so useful.  Traveling, for instance...very useful if i'm about to be late for work.

I think my favourite weave so far has to be Blossoms of Fire in simply the description of how RJ wrote it.  First there's this pole about ten feet high and then when the final weave of Air hits it, it simply explodes into a disc of fire THIRTY feet in diameter...that was so awesome!!!!

After that it's hard to pick a favourite.  Keepings are awesome, the First-Sister bonding is pretty awesome because it includes so many people, and Tracers/Finders seem pretty useful if someone owes me money or something.  All in all I think the One Power should definitely be real.  So if anyone finds a Genie make sure you wish we could all channel!!!

So if anyone finds a Genie make sure you wish we could all channel!!!

I never thought about that one. Maybe even better. Considering we are par of the wheel, and everything in the books has happened, this is what id wish for.

1st wish: I want to be the strongest channeler ever to have existed

2nd wish: I want to have knowledge of all possible weaves ever to have existed in past, present and future

3d wish: Ill just have a coke please

(I wouldnt want eternal life. As a channeler, Id live like 500 years. Thats enough for me...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived