DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Saa?

joeybsmash

i wouldn't be surprised if saa is PURE taint...

so much taint that it takes on a semi-solid form that can be seen in the eyes...

i also wouldn't be surprised that if you were to cut open a person who has saa in their eyes, that you will find it in the rest of thier body too

or it turn them into a Black Oil Creature from the X-Files :D

"the eyes are the windows to the soul" is a common saying so mayhap it is the outward showing of the DO's coruption of a soul via the direct contact of the true power, the other forsaken want their souls for themselves and so are afraid of it and probaly why ishy/moridin is more than a little crazy.

Incubate, the Saa and the True Power are not the taint. We hae first hand from many of the male forsaken how the tain was kept from them--they weren't just immune to it, or something, the Dark One put a wall around them that kept it away. You can see in the way they think of it that they too are at risk from it if it were to actually touch them. The True Power they think about completely differently.

Guest Majsju

Since the black flecks in the eyes is just an early stage of saa, later it will turn into the burning eyes and mouth that Ishy had in the firt books, it's definitly something physical going on.

Guest Majsju

I took Moghediens comment as the saa only appearing after quite a lot of using TP, something probably noone except Ishy/Moridin would dare now. Once the saa starts to appear, you're probably way past point of no return. The flaming eyes and mouth comes later. Probably much later, since Moridin still hasn't got it, and we've heard comments that he's only using TP, and quite a lot of it.

similar to the vein-scarring of herioin addicts and the septum erosion seen on coke addicts.

its some sort of physical sied effect

we know he can see them, but do they affect his vision, and do they appear when he is actually touching the source, or only when he is?

Archived