DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Forsaken bound at the creation?

Minnea

A quote from NS, many characters say (or think) this...

["The Dark One and all the Forsaken are bound in Shayol Ghul, Lan recited the catechism in his head, bound by the Creator at the moment of creation."

I just thought about it... something isn't right here. That the Creator bound the Dark One at the moment of creation - that's fine with me. But the Forsaken also?

Did the Forsaken exist before the creation? How else could they be bound "at the moment of creation"?

No, more likely it's the characters who have got it wrong - the DO was bound from the moment of creation, but the Forsaken were not Forsaken until after the Bore was made. They were sealed in when LTT and Co. patched the Bore - not in the creation.

Maybe that's part of the sealing-problem. The DO's prison was never intended to hold more than the DO. Rand and Co. would do well to kill off all the Forsaken, not trying to imprison them again...

Guest Majsju

It's a saying 3000 years after the actual event, among people who are not very educated in what actually happened then. Not surprising things changes with time.

Of course it's a saying... but Lan at least' date=' shouldn't he be educated about how it really was? Thinking about his "war with the Shadow" and that he's a Warder too.[/quote']

I'm tipping that very few if anybody at all knew the slightest bit about the end of the Age of Legends and its inhabitants before the Forsaken and Lews Therin etcetera came back to tell everybody.

Guest cwestervelt

It isn't just a saying though. If you read the quote it is a catechism. That makes it a basic tenet of their belief system. Whether you are highly educated, or only minimally, it is one of the first things you will be taught.

The errors, plural, in it that one quote are a result of what Majsju and Hoopsnake have said. Three thousand years and little accurate information surviving the breaking.

Archived