DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

This is how you say "thank you?" (Attn Kyn)

U4ea

Kyn was perfectly content to run along at the pace they were at, he didn't have any other pressing matters to attend to today. His head was beginning to clear and he doubted he'd even have a headache come morning.

OOC: We;re going to finish this up with food poisoning after breakfast.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edana started cracking jokes at the Guardsmen they passed. Sure, she should probably be "focusing on the stillness" or some such junk, but with the pleasant buzz in her head, she saw little point.

"'ello there, fifty-first guardsman I've seen this morning! Why in the name of the Light haven't you told the sun to come up already?"

Another one a few yards down:

"I believe we've run clear through yesterday, Master Kynwric! I know he was on duty the last time we passed through here..."

The next one a bit further down:

"Someone forgot to tell him he's supposed to stand a few more paces to the left," she said loud enough for him to hear. He was actually in the right place, but watching the thoughts flash across his face until he figured that out was entertaining. She was sure she'd pay for it in some way, later, but it was entertaining right then and that was good enough.

She flashed Kynwric a look. "Is it time for breakfast, yet? I think I smell bacon..."

It wasn't just wishful thinking, either. They'd made their way to the gaurdpost closest to the kitchens. "I don't suppose making a short pause for food would be out of the question?" She asked, not breaking her stride.

~Edana

OOC: LMAO Food poisoning, really? Will that get me out of further laps around this blessed place?

Kyn just ran, leaving Edana to do as she willed with the helpless guardsmen along the wall.

He too caught a whiff of bacon just as Edana mentioned breakfast and his stomach rumbled. "Yes, I think breakfast is a good idea..." and he slowed to a walk before turning towards the kitchens. "Mmm, bacon, biscuits, eggs... I'm more hungry than I thought."

Kyn piled his plate up full with food before sitting down to eat.

OOC: Yeah, really.. no more running.

Edana grinned, following him across the Yard and into the kitchens. The smell of breakfast taunting her stomach until it growled.

Once in the kitchen, she filled her plate, though her pile was much smaller than Kynwric's. How could the man eat so much? All at once? She shook her head and dropped onto the bench across from him. The kitchen was empty this early in the morning, but she was pretty sure that would change when that smell reached the barracks. She started to eat, taking her time and enjoying the taste of the bacon and biscuits.

"Are you really going to eat all of that?" she asked, eyeing his plate. Her stomach did a little lurch and she laid her hand on it. Oh, this was not going to go well. She eyed Kynwric for any sign of the same nausea she was starting to feel.

~Edana

"Aye, I am." Kyn began to eat, not taking note of anything amiss until he felt the rumble in his stomach. Unfortunately, unlike earlier, this wasn't hunger rumbling. This time it was something amiss. Kyn continued to eat though and finished his plate. "That tasted off..." he said as he rose to leave, feeling his stomach lurch again and a queasy look pass over his face.

It was all Edana could do to swallow half of the food on her plate. She put her fork down long before Kynwric did and had to look away to keep from sicking up in the middle of breakfast. When he rose to leave, she sighed gratefully and rose, too. Her stomach did a strange flip and she stopped, her eyes raising to meet his. Seeing the sick expression on his face made her feel a little better. Not a whole lot better, though. It did nothing to stop the dancing in her belly. She closed her eyes a moment and took a steadying breath, then turned without a word and walked outside. "Fresh air," she whispered, continuing to walk to the other side of the Yard where a corner would provide a little breathing room that was free of the smell of food. She walked all the way to the wall and leaned her head against it. Was she sweating, really? That walk wasn't THAT long!

She closed her eyes and breathed in the cool morning air, hearing footsteps behind her but not trusting her stomach enough to turn around and see who it was. The dancing in her stomach hadn't stopped and she prayed it wasn't Mistress Thera standing there. If the woman told her to turn around, she'd have more trouble than just missing curfew. She'd be scrubbing the woman's boots for a month!

Seeing the familiar form of Kynwric instead she sighed in relief. "What did you eat at that tavern?" She asked slowly. She'd felt this way only once before. It had nothing to do with the ale and everything to do with the food, then. Could it be the same problem now?

~Edana

Kyn shook his head and shrugged, he couldn't remember having anything to eat. He was however afraid that if he opened his mouth he'd find out and lose his breakfast to boot. After a moment or two he felt his stomach calm for a moment and he went to answer Edana, unfortunately it came out as " I do... erupwwwaaaa..." and he spilled the contents of his stomach into the alleyway. After puking the entire contents of his stomach up Kyn spat the taste from his mouth and then wiped his face. "Feeling better now..."

Edana heard the gurgle in his throat and knew her battle with her stomach was over. When she'd emptied everything from it, she reached for a rag she always kept in her sleeve and wiped her face with it. The smell was threatening to do her in again, so she stepped away as quickly as she could. "Your Aes Sedai is going to be very angry with you," she said, her voice shaking. "I think it in our best interest to either find an infirmary or head for our pillows." At least he had his Aes Sedai to take care of him. The thought of the Sisters in the infirmary ticking their tongues at her slightly inebriated state was more than she could bear. Her pillows sounded lovely, though...

~Edana

Edana nodded stiffly, bowing slightly from the waist. Whether it was the ale or the food didn't matter much to her, at the moment. She didn't even care whether she'd won the bet or not. The important part was finding her pillows before anyone else found her. Light, she prayed Elyan was off doing some training all day. He'd never let her live this one down...

"A good day to you, Master Kynwric," she said. "Perhaps we can try this again some time and find out who actually won." She grinned, but felt her stomach roll in protest. She turned away quickly, closing her eyes as she headed back across the Yard towards the Barracks. Please, she prayed. Please don't let me toss up again or run into anyone who will ask me about my coloring...

~Edana

• 1 year later...