DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

This is how you say "thank you?" (Attn Kyn)

U4ea

Kyn chuckled. "Make you shut up... that works for me. For a month, if I say so you're quiet, not a word... and it isn't just a game it is a mental exercise. Take it as s a suggestion from a old warrior, it is something you should know."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edana laughed, raising her tankard in salute. "Deal! Further training it is!"

She eyed the game of stones and drained her tankard. "So, that's two for me... have you caught up, yet?" She waved to Jordan, and he rolled his eyes at them before heading back behind the bar. He was still rolling his eyes as he brought the next round out. "Come, Jordan, want to make a bet on who's cleaning your floor first?"

~Edana

Edana laughed, holding up her hand for Jordan to wait. She upended the tankard and emptied it quickly, setting it back on the bar with a wink. "Can't have it said I'm not pulling my own weight, here. May I have another, Jordan, dear?" She smiled, tilting her head to the side.

Jordan snorted, but grabbed the empty tankard and refilled it. "Your tab is going to get ugly, Eddie," he muttered. "I know how much you can put away, even if Master Kynwric here, doesn't."

Edana smirked and nodded. "He'll find out soon enough, kind Jordan, fear not. And when have I ever not paid my tab??"

~Edana

Jordan just shrugged by way of an answer before leaving off again. "Should have added loser pays the tab... but that'd be taking way too much advantage." Kyn commented and shrugged while drinking another tankard full.

The night went on and on and on, and the mugs were emptied over and over again. Kyn had no idea how late it was, and truthfully he didn't care. What he did know was Jordan was telling them they'd have to figure out who was a better drinker another way, because he was closing. Kyn was pretty sure Edana was worse of than he was, but he also knew he had hell to pay come tomorrow. Lor was going to skin him for getting this trashed when she had things to do. Kyn looked over at Edana, "We've got settle this somehow..."

Edana laughed, perhaps a bit louder than she'd have liked. "Ah, Jordan. That's not nice!" She dug in her pocket and handed him a small purse of coins. "I'll expect the excess to be available the next time Master Kynwric here believes he can teach me a lesson with ale."

She stood, only slightly wobbly. "How would you suggest we settle this, Master Kynwric? With swords?" She grinned, eyeing him. "Perhaps based on who can make it back within the Tower walls without falling?"

~Edana

Kyn had already paid off his part of the tab, far earlier in the night. "Swords? No... that would not be fair in the least. A run back to the Tower, if one of us falls, or hurls, then they're the loser..." He was walking out the door as he said it.

Running, really? She smirked at his departing back, shaking her head. She'd done far more stupid things in her younger days. She shrugged at Jordan and waved a goodnight before following Kynwric into the city streets. She paused outside the door and grinned. "Last one there is a rotten egg!' she laughed and set off at an easy jaunt towards the Tower gates.

Kyn wasn't sure this was the bet idea he'd ever had, but it was his idea and so he took off at a decent run. He was steady in pace and balance and quickly surrounded himself in the calm state of ready inaction that served him well in a fight. The time seemed to pass quickly for him once he was coiled and soon enough they were coming up on the Tower gates and if he wasn't wrong that was her young Sandre standing guard duty.

Edana saw the guard on duty and felt her balance wobble. Sandre? Light help!

Her ears were ringing and her nose was numb and she was running back to the gates with... Master Kynwric of all people! What was Sandre going to think? She shot a glance back at Kynwric, gaining her footing without falling. Sandre would have to let them back in the gate, since it was so late. He couldn't make a scene without giving them away.

In case the ale in her belly wasn't bad enough, the turmoil suddenly introduced pushed into her stomach. I'm not going to sick up in front of either of these two! she screamed in her head, demanding her stomach get control of itself.

She stopped outside the gate and looked up. "Uh, Sandre? Can we come in?" Her voice was loud and even she heard the slur. Ugh, this was not going well, at all...

~Edana

As Sandre watched to obviously over intoxicated people attempting to run he didnt envy them when they stopped. At least one if not both were going to lose their lunch. Noticing the second was a female Sandres thoughts were (That one is going to make some poor guy gray.) When he noticed it was Edana he looked down and shook his head. He was completely right.

"Uh, Sandre? Can we come in?" she said. Which at first with all the slurring sounded like "Shushandecawekccumin?"

When it finally registered what she said he raised an eyebrow. "Sandre huh? Is that the proper way to address an on duty Tower Guard or should I have you repeating Yes Sir Aye Aye sir as loud as you can for an hour?" Any moment now her lunch should be coming back up now that she stopped running...

"Perhaps since you are going to have a hangover I could arrange to have you cleaning out the latrines tomorrow so you dont have to run far?" He was enjoying this immensely despite the tone of his voice. He was already known as a stickler for being very much by the book with trainees. He didnt want to give away more than he already had on the date. Stepping out of range of her possible projectile vomiting he hoped the latrine comment might do the trick. It would be a embarassment and that would server as a perfect lesson for someone like Edana.

Edana's eyebrow arched sharply and the tirade of responses that begged to be spilled with his high-browed answer was barely kept in check. Oh, what she would say if Master Kynwric weren't right over her shoulder! As it were, he'd have a hard time sleeping, if she had anything to say about it. Nettles tended to not allow one to sleep well once they were buried in a mattress. He'd know just who put them there, too. "If it pleases you, SIR," she added. She looked over her shoulder and then back at Sandre. "I would, however, consent to open the gate for Master Kynwric, if I were you. You know, before you're the one cleaning the latrines come morning."

The run had done wonders for her stomach and what she hadn't run off, sobered up a little quicker with her temper flaring. "Perhaps you didn't recognize him. After a night like we've had, it's not difficult to understand why you'd have such difficulty." She let him piece together what they'd been doing. While it was innocent enough, she wanted to inflict a bit of pain back at him. Let him deal with the possibility that he wasn't the only man in her life. 

~Edana

"The gate is not locked and Gaidin do not need to ask us to let them in. To impede them for such trivial things could endanger the lives of the Aes Sedai we are sworn to protect so my guess is the only reason he has not gone in is that he is too amused to do so."

At least she seemed to have sobered up a bit. However he suspected she really thought he was mad. Oh well. In front of the nearby Tower Guards and Master Kynwric they needed to not give any hints away. He didnt want her to stay mad though either. He wasnt exactly pleased about her hinting towards another man. He decided to kill her with kindness. He wouldnt bare her any ill will even if she had been serious. He opened the gate as though he intended to rip it off its hinges.

"Go to your room trainee. If you are not going to take this seriously perhaps you need another reminder note?" (Light let her remember what the only note I ever wrote her said...)

Edana snorted, shaking her head. Kynwric wouldn't handle much more talking about him like he wasn't there, she was sure of it. She was determined he was losing this little challenge, though. She eyed Sandre a moment, remembering his note. Not angry, then? she thought before looking up to see who else was on duty. No one she recognized, but that didn't mean she didn't know them. Or they didn't know her. She sighed, wishing she was over that last bump and could dress the lot of them down the way they so needed to be.

"If you've need of writing me notes, SIR, then I've no doubt you know where to send them. I may have need of the reminder come morning, anyway." She grinned at him, unable to keep this stern expression with the little buzz still in her head. "If Master Kynwric can come in, why can't I?"

~Edana

Sandre quirked an eyebrow. His temper gone in the hilarity of the situation. There he was after telling her to go to her room and even opened the gate wide and she was still asking why she couldnt come in.

"Get in here and go to bed trainee. Keep your voice down while you are at it. There is a very pregnant Mistress Thera sleeping right over there." he said motioning towards where Thera slept. "And if she doesnt sit you down and give you a tongue lashing I will."

Inside he was cracking up over all this. He wondered how much of the double meanings she was catching. She likely wouldnt remember later anyways. Another thing he fully planned to take advantage of.

Edana felt a laugh starting and clapped her hand over her mouth to stop it. She would not laugh in his face! Not any more than she was sicking up and losing this bet! Where had she misplaced Kynwric, anyway. He'd been rather quiet...

She looked over her shoulder, seeing him watching them with a smirk. If she was lucky, none of them would remember this come morning. She turned her eyes back to Sandre, her eyebrows raised. Except him. He'd remember. "Just so you know, I'm much more worried about Mistress Thera than you. You should really work on your 'I'm a Tower Guard' face, Sandre. It's a little non-threatening. Who are you going to scare like that, anyway?"

She walked past him, still not completely steady on her feet. She stood on the other side of the gate and nodded. "There, Kynwric, I made it here first!" She grinned from him to Sandre and back again. "As this lovely Guardsman is my witness, I have bested Master Kynwric at something! I'll even remember what it was in a minute or two..." She wrinkled her brow. How many tankards had she had, anyway?

~Edana

With an arched eye brow he watched Edana stumble through the gate. Already evil pranks forming in his head. (So trying to get me jealous about Kyn huh?)He wondered how a well written letter by Kyn thanking her for a lovely time time last night and reminding her to take her herbal tea so she doesnt end up with child would go over if she found it on her pillow in the morning. Maybe even something about next time maybe they could do it without him having to win a bet. He even knew where to get a rose to go with it. Of course.... that would require Kyn to agree to it.

Turning towards Kynwric who at this point had hung a little ways back he whispered the idea to him. He had not got an answer yet when Edana... again being loud spoke again.

"There, Kynwric, I made it here first!"

Both turned towards her again.

"As this lovely Guardsman is my witness, I have bested Master Kynwric at something! I'll even remember what it was in a minute or two..."

She then seemed lost in thought.

Turing back towards Kynwric he asked "So what do you say?"

Kynwric had been watching with drunken bemusement when Sandre whispered something to him. It mad elittle sense to him and he was turning to look at the Guardsman with a befuddled expression when Edana piped up.

"There, Kynwric, I made it here first!"

He turned towards her again.

"As this lovely Guardsman is my witness, I have bested Master Kynwric at something! I'll even remember what it was in a minute or two..."

With Edana trying to remember what she had done, Kyn reminded was about to remind her when Sandre asked, "So what do you say?"

Kyn shrugged and replied, "If you'll recall Edana, the wager was not who got here first but who held their lunch in doing so... and since we both have it seems more running is in order."

Edana didn't recall, actually. She grinned, instead. "More running? Why is it always running with you?" she muttered, shaking her head.

"Alas, Sandre, I fear you'll have to save your notes for another time. It appears as if I need more fresh air." She grinned wider, her eyes wandering over Sandre's head to look up at the other guards on the wall. "Unless, of course, you want to lose your dinner and save us some sweat, Master Kynwric?"

~Edana

Kyn just shook his head and glanced at Sandre then back to Edana, "Not a chance, I may puke tonight but it won't be before you." He gestured to the stairs leading up onto the wall and took them two at a time as he ran up them, waiting on her at the top. "Let's go girl, you've got training in the morning."

"I have no plans of sicking up tonight, at all, Master Kynwric, so I hope you've sufficient food in your belly to soak up all that ale you ingested! I'll not be the trainee sent to clean up your mess, either!" Edana watched him start up the wall and shook her head, sending Sandre a lopsided grin. "Just catch me if I fall off that wall, ok? I don't want to die avoiding embarassment." She smirked and started up the steps after Kynwric, reaching the top to throw a salute at the guard standing duty at the top. She smiled back down at Sandre and shot him one, too, before heading off after the Warder determined to make her sick before sunup.

~Edana

Edana raised her eyebrows at his back, then shook her head. It would take much more than this to push her over the edge. She wasn't going to waste the air to tell him that, though. She'd just let him find out on his own. She caught up to him and adjusted to his pace, easily matching his stride and resisting the urge to hum as she jogged along next to him.

OOC: *laughs and refuses to comment on that one*