DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Terry Pratchett's DISCWORLD

I started with moving pictures and that was hard. Not a gud book to start with. I reccomend starting with the early books. It eases u into the style

I'll have to look into going myself.  Need to have some fun before I get too old to move. Got an emergency passport a few months ago and I might as well use it.  Do they speak English there?

:D

I'll have to look into going myself.  Need to have some fun before I get too old to move. Got an emergency passport a few months ago and I might as well use it.  Do they speak English there?

:D

lmao of a sort - it is in Birmingham after all so you might have trouble understanding the brummie accent!  :D

You can find all the details here: https://www.dwcon.org/home

Looks like the hotel is filling fast and it is still 10 months away!  Wish I could plan that far ahead.

:)

I'm fortunate in that I live only a short train trip away so I won't have to book a hotel. Birmingham is fairly easy to get to and so you should be able to get one that is on the outskirts of Birmingham or in one of the surrounding towns.

If you'd like me to, I could find you details of travel/hotels etc - I live not far from Birmingham and know the area fairly well. :)

Came this close(*pinches fingers near each other*) to buying more Pratchett.  But, in the end, I figured I'd wait until I know better which ones to get.  There was a big selection(about 20).  Instead I got Elantris, Angels and Demons and the Big White Book, with a gift card. 

Came this close(*pinches fingers near each other*) to buying more Pratchett.  But, in the end, I figured I'd wait until I know better which ones to get.  There was a big selection(about 20).  Instead I got Elantris, Angels and Demons and the Big White Book, with a gift card. 

Don't feel bad Sam I still have not gotten all the Pratchet books either. As a matter of fact I still only have Small Gods and Night Watch. You will enjoy Elantris, I think Brandon is a great writer. I do not think Elantris is as good as the Mistborn trilogy, but still very good. Have you read Mistborn and or Warbreaker yet?

I keep telling myself I need to pick up Mistborn. Is it as well written as tGS?

As for Pratchett... Just re-read Hogfather, in the spirit of Christmas, and all... And so, I say... HO, HO...erm HO.

Fant, no I have not....that is why I bought Elantris....my limited budget wouldn't allow me the trilogy, so I got the standalone.  :D

Also as I read tGS, I am noticing very subtle differences from the other books.  Mostly, it seems to be descriptions.  RJ was very detail descriptive....and at times tGS feels.....almost.....overdescriptive.  :-\

Okay, so a little over two weeks to finish tGS.  Not bad by my recent track record.  Lots to mull over. 

Anyways, Kara will be happy to know that I have begun Guards Guards.  I will have to reread the first few pages, as I was repeatedly interrupted during the first reading.  But, i already see a glimmer of that wit and humor you mention(Even though it is decidedly dry/British humor).  Good thing I get that.  :D