DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Terry Pratchett's DISCWORLD

Did you know that Pratchett is one of the, or possible the most shoplifted author in the world?  :D

Sammie dear, your book should be on it's way soon - sorry for the delay *grovels*

*Perks up*

I get happy mail?  Woohoo!

I better get flying on my WoT reread.  I'm not sure I can read more than one book at a time anymore.  The most I ever managed was four.  I'd read 1-2 chapters then move to the next and read 1-2 chapters and so on.  lol

I'm so jealous!  I'm going to be getting my copy in a little while, so I'll have to wait (not so) patiently for it!  Oh well.

I finished it yesterday! It's fantastic! I my opinion it was a return to his old style, better than Making Money and Going Postal at any rate :)

I was only on p22 and I'd already burst out laughing a number of times.  :D

I think I have to wait until my birthday (I have to wait until November!) to get it, as my family want to get it for me as a birthday present.

I guess I just have to be patient.  That's getting rather difficult... :)

i know what you mean. My family try and get me to wait until Christmas but I think they've finally realised it's a losing battle and not to bother buying me books, as by xmas I'll have succumbed and bought all the ones they were thinking of getting me. :P

I was at the book store the other day and I saw a hardback copy of the first three of Pratchett's books.  I was tempted because the cover was very pretty but I need to conserve my rubles.  I think Pratchett would be quite the challenge to read in Russian anyway.

It certainly sounds like a challenge!  I wonder how a lot of the puns would translate.

And Kara, I think I may have to start doing that.  It's a consolation that my birthday isn't too far away...

I couldn't really say....they're Pratchett-isms, you'll understand when you read them :P

If you want a sneak peak of Terry's humour then look here for quotes, both from his books and from his interactions with fans  :D

Incidentally, Sammi dear, your parcel was dispatched Saturday - they estimate the delivery to arrive between 12th and 16th of Oct :)

Good news.  And it looks like he has a similar sense of humor to myself.  Befuddlement at the prevelance of ignorance in the world today.  :D

My family are brilliant - absolutely brilliant! :)

They got me Unseen Academicals for my birthday (as they said they would), but because they know me and my reading habits so well, they said I could have it early!

What a lovely surprise! :)

They arrived early!!  The books arrived in the mail on Saturday.  And as I am typing this, I am at work and can't remember the titles.....I'm thinking Guards, Guards and Men at Arms? 

Thank you Kara.....although I had expected used books not brand new.  :o :-*

Thank you very much.  I think I'll sneak some reading into the middle of my reread.    ;)

I know nuthin *angel face*

But welcome to the world of TP  :D

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here - I've enjoyed this thread tremendously!

Just finished Unseen Academicals - it really is brilliant! :D  I enjoyed this one much more than Making Money, and I agree with Kara; it's much more a return to Terry's old style.  Very funny, too! :D

*G* You're very welcome Samlove :) I know what you were thinking but.....Everyone deserves to have a bit of Pratchett in their lives :D Those books are yours to keep, love.  :-*

Amathea, isn't Unseen Academicals great? I must say I never expected to enjoy a book about football ;)