DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Terry Pratchett's DISCWORLD

Welcome to the Discworld comradekari!  Each book just gets better and better.  I also love Terry Pratchett's witty universal satirization of everything!  :D

I read and enjoyed a Discworld novel back in the early 1980s, but I don't remember the name of it. From what I've read in this thread, I think maybe it was The Color of Magic.

Just started "The Truth".  I had no clue what it was to be about, but now I see it may have something about the rise of newpapers and the press and moveable type. So far, so good.  :)

The-truth-1.jpg

I finished Color of Magic while at the Houston airport and I'm officially sold on Discworld.  *imagines money disappearing from her wallet and the bookshelf space she'll need*  Starting a new series is always a fun undertaking despite the costs.

No, I must admit, I haven't either.  Although I do find of my books in charity shops these days.

I think I'll be doing a Pratchett reread soon... :)

Just finished "The Truth" - loved it!  I always go through each book twice as there are always things at the beginning of the books that doesn't make any sense till you know the whole story.  And then, of course, there is the language barrier, it being written in English English and all. Still don't know what a couple of the words mean  ;D

I'm going to put my Terry Pratchett books on the shelf for a bit now, and start my 7th or 8th reread of WOT in prep for the new release.  Just now finished the prologue and Chap. 1 of EotW - that Rand has no idea what fun he has coming!

I reread the series prior to the release of a new book for the last 5 or 6 times, so some of the older books, I've read 7 or 8 times, while the newer ones only two or three.  I have to reread as I'm so old and my memory is getting...

Why yes, it is a nice day today, thanks for asking  ;D

One of my worst habits is rereading purely for enjoyment. :)

Unseen Academicals should be out soon.  I'm looking forward to it! :D