DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Terry Pratchett's DISCWORLD

..although the characters never quite look how I imagine them...but then what artwork does :P

What happened to the post I made this morning?  Shouldn't have used octarine, I guess.

What I had written was that I was just starting "The Last Continent" and that it appeared to be about Rincewind's adventures in Australia.  Since then, not only has Rincewind come across a talking kangeroo, but also Mel Gibson's Mad Max (as a dwarf - too funny), Crocodile Dundee and a whole lot of Aussie beer.  Too funny!

the-last-continent-1.jpg

The last continent is utterly hilarious, I particularly like how Rincewind keeps beating the hell out of the surrounding countryside before he goes to sleep - and his sandals! haha!

I wonder....is Pratchett released in the UK first.  I know that alot of the European versions of WoT(Various languages are solid colors with the wheel and snake logo. 

I'm not sure. I'll try and find out.

Edit: Using comparisons between Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com the earlier books were released up to a year later in America - some of the later books are about a month later.

This is only a rough estimate from a brief check with a wine-addled brain. :P

That would be the answer then.  Often, later releases for countries outside the initial one are given those plain covers. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the adaptation of Going Postal even more, after seeing who they've cast in the main roles. :)

Cast of GOING POSTAL announced

Sky1 have announced the cast for their adaptation of Going Postal. Richard Coyle (Coupling) will star as Moist Von Lipwig, David Suchet (Agatha's Christie's Poirot) is Reacher Gilt, Charles Dance (Bleak House) is Lord Vetinari and Claire Foy (Little Dorrit) will play Adora Belle Dearheart. Production has started filming in Hungary and it will air in 2010 over Easter on Sky1.

Still really looking forward to reading Unseen Academicals, too. :)

ooh ooh ohh! *dances*

Last time Vetinari was played by Jeremy Irons though wasn't it? 

ooh ooh ohh! *dances*

Last time Vetinari was played by Jeremy Irons though wasn't it? 

Yep, from what I remember he did play Vetinari last time. :)

I finished "The Last Continent".  That was a lot of fun - no pushin' the prawn!  Loved it!  Just started on "Carpe Jugulum" which appears to be an old fashion horror tale.  Vampires have just taken Castle Lancra - will the witches be able to save the day? And what's with these little blue men all over the place?

Carpe-jugulum-1.jpg

I've not long finished reading Carpe Jugulum myself - I thought it was very funny. :D

Unseen Academicals has now finished the Editing process so should be printing soon :)

And! I finally got my Assassins Guild Bag today! yay! *bounces around all over the place*

That's great news, Kara! I'm really looking forward to the new book. :)

And an Assassins Guild bag?  I'm jealous! :D :)

Sooo, Kara, does that offer stil stand?  I am rereading WoT right now getting ready for the Gathering Storm.  But, I'll need something after that.  ;D

Amathea, I've decorated the bag with some badges of the discworld crew - Rincewind, Greebo, Luggage, Vimes, Librarian and so on  ;D

Sam - yep it certainly is! Let me know your addy and I'll send you a couple. I can't promise regular postings but i can at least send you some.  ;D

Well, I finished "Carpe Jugulum" and I really liked it - seems like my favorite is always the most recent one that I've read.  I've enjoyed them all quite a bit!  Just started "The Fifth Elephant".  Have no idea what it is going to be about, but it looks like The City Watch is involved again.

The-fifth-elephant-1.jpg

Yes, a lot of his humor is word play, for example in this book the "Scone of Stone" is a play on the very famous "Stone of Scone" (had to look that one up myself).   ;D

Ah, The Fifth Elephant.  I really liked this one (although I'm biased - I like all of the ones with The Watch in ;) ).  Great fun. :D

Oh No! It looks like Sergeant Colon, I mean Acting Captain Colon, has gone power hungry!  What's a cross-dressing Nobbs to do?

;D

I just started Color of Magic today.  It's good so far, really funny.  I love the concept of Discworld, and Rincewind's constant allusions to modern science and how  he wishes it were real.

Oh No! It looks like Sergeant Colon, I mean Acting Captain Colon, has gone power hungry!  What's a cross-dressing Nobbs to do?

;D

He organizes a union and goes on strike!

Too funny!

;D