DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Terry Pratchett's DISCWORLD

Just started on "Jingo" (which means "extreme nationalism marked by an especially belligerent foreign policy" - see funny and educational! :)).  Looks like there is going to be a war between Ankh-Morpork and Klatch over the newly raised island of Leshp.  We'll see how it turns out...

Jingo-2.jpg

I liked Jingo actually course I actually like the guy who runs Ankh morpork *ggls* I can't think of his name off the top of my head...Vetnari (sp) My mom helped me with that one *laughs*

Lord Havelock Vetinari ;)

Me? Spoil a TP?? I don't know what you mean Sam! *whistles*

Yes well, there is no telling when I will be getting any new books so I'll probably forget anything you reveal by the time I read one.  That is of course compounded by the fact that I have no idea who the characters are.  :P :D

If anyone does want to know a synopsis - I'm pretty sure I can provide them, since I've got and read all the books at least twice :P

Well now, that was a good book!  Just finished my first go through of "Jingo".  Very good indeed!  It has everything from submarines to flying carpets.  From Leonardo Da Vinci to Lawrenace of Arabia to cross-dressing guards - very, very funny all around! 

Yep - same here.  It's a very good book. :)

I'm halfway though Carpe Jugulum, and loving it so far. :D

Kara - do you really have all the books? That must be quite a library in itself! 

yes I do - right down to the ones for children (Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents and the Tiffany Aching books). I also have the maps (Lancre, Ankh-Morpork, Deaths Domain and The Discworld), Science of the Discworld books (1&2), The Discworld Companion and Nanny Oggs Cookbook.

I even have a Discworld Mousemat... you could say I'm a teensy bit obsessed lol.

There's a few books I haven't got - namely the latest Science of the Discworld book and The Wit and Wisdom of Terry Pratchett which is basically a collection of quotes, I believe.

Edit: Here's my collection - ok so I might be showing off a little *shifty*

TPcollection.jpg

TPcollection2.jpg

and my bookcases:

books.jpg

That I am  ;D

I forgot to mention that I also have the discworld game of THUD (described in the book of the same name) And will hopefully soon be taking delivery of 2 Seamstresses T-shirts, a bag with the Assassin's logo on it and several badges  ;D

Obsessed much!

And with the cool British edition cover art!  Totally cool!

Thanks for the pics!

;D

My absolute pleasure :) I just realised that I managed to cut off Thud in the one pic :(

Soon I shall plague you with more pics of my latest purchases ;)

You don't get the same cover art Jaime? That's a real pity, it's very good. I spend ages looking for all the details on them. :D My collection isn't as complete as Kara's one lol, but I have a fair few of them including the Companion and two of the Discworld maps.  :)

Vastly different  :-\ they're so plain compared to ours! You poor things.  :( Josh's artwork totally makes the books.