DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Terry Pratchett's DISCWORLD

*snuggles Karamia* No worries sweetie, I'll forgive you this time  :P ;) ;D

Yeah Bad Co, it's a real shame. It's a devestating thing for anyone to deal with but for a writer... *shudders* just awful

He has said in various interviews that he doesn't intend to stop writing. He has a rare variant of Alzheimers that affects his motor skills and visual memory. Like for example, he can tie a tie if he doesn't think about it, but as soon as he tries to think about it, it causes him problems. Typing is another problem. He says that sometimes he'll look at the keyboard and the 'a' button has completely disappeared. But the ideas and creativity he is known for is still thriving and so he now has a personal assistant and has started to use dictation as a means to get his ideas down. As far as I know he has at least 2 books planned after his latest one, Unseen Academicals is released.

Nope. Oh and filming is about to commence on the film "Going Postal"  :D And, once it's released, I'll more than likely watch it and point out to my long suffering partner, what's wrong with it and how that speech was wrong, and this happened in the wrong place...like I did with the last 2  :-[ ::) Yes, I'd kick myself too :P

Thea has told me a little about it. I think she said Frodo's Samwise played Twoflowers - should be interesting.  ;D

Yep - so far there have been adaptations of the Hogfather and of The Colour of Magic.  I'm so pleased that filming is about to begin on Going Postal - it's one of my favourites of his later books. :)

Looks like they are available on Netflicks - just requested Hogfather and Wyrde Sisters and have The Colour of Magic on reserve when it becomes available.  Looks like I'll have to get my English-American dictionary out!  ;D

Just finished watching Netflick's "Wyrd Sisters" which turned out to be an animated film from 1996.  It follow the book fairly well, but skips around and was no way nearly as enjoyable as the book itself.  Cute graphics though.  :)

Wow - I remember seeing that when it was first shown on UK television.  That brings back memories! :D

Two nights ago, I watched Hogfather with the family. Great movie I really enjoyed it. I have not read the book yet though. Small Gods is the only one I have read and I have Night Watch to read. I do intend to get them all at some point. So much to read so little time... So tell me how well does the Hogfather movie follow the book? Will I still gain a great deal of entertainment out of reading the book too?

It's pretty faithful to the book from what I recall. You'll absolutely enjoy the book too.  :) I liked both I must admit, which is unusual as I normally prefer the book but the adaptation was done very well. Night Watch is fun!

The Colour of Magic departs from the book more than the Hogfather. Actually the film "Colour of Magic" is actually an adaptation of the first 2 discworld books - The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic.

Just finished watching the animated version of "Soul Music".  Follows the book fairly well and I liked it a bit more than "Wryd Sisters", maybe because I knew what to expect this time.  I should be getting "Hogfather" from Netflix next.  Just finished reading the book, so I am all set for the movie.  :)

I'm halfway through The Truth, and so far, so good, although it's not quite my favourite.

Mentioning the old animated series really makes me want to see it again, though! ;D

I just finished watching "The Hogfather".  Very good!  It follows the book quite well and the costumes and scenery were great.  Not quite as funny as the book, but still very good. And the actress that played Susan was hot!  Can't wait to see "The Colour of Magic" when it become available.